Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can England win the World Cup ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    i WOULD LOVE IT REALLY LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM TO QUOTE SOMEONE ELSE but sadly I think it will end the same for England close but not close enough
  • Options
    Bizarrely, Nationwide is promising to add an interest bonus on a new fixed rate bond if England win. Guess they reckon their money is safe.
  • Options
    Yes, they can win, but I don't think they will.

Spain and Brazil are just too strong.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Germany are making the same mistake as England a couple of years ago with Darren Bent. They are leaving the top scorer in the league at home and taking 2 strikers who have spent most of the season on the bench at Bayern Munich.
  • Options
    I mean the altitude we have to play at, we play at a high tempo in England and we won't be able to in those conditions
  • Options
    I cant recall a tournament (other than when we weren't in it!) where general expectations seem to be so low. I think this is a good thing actually and a refreshing change from the usual media frenzy that precedes and England tournament.

I really think Capello is a massive plus for us this time particularly psychologically and tactically which have often been the departments where we have come unstuck before. I think he gives the players discipline but also a mental strength.

We looked a bit shaky against Mexico earlier this week but they were a very good footballing team and no mugs by any means and the way we won was impressive. On paper yes the Spains, Brazils, Germans and Argentines are always going to look unbeatable but then we have lost to many an underdog over the years because they have had as self belief which i think Capello has instilled in us.

Im pretty much anticipating it like Charlton next season...no expectations and the wins will be great and losses will hurt but looking forward to absolutely every minute of it.
  • Options
    england will not win the world cup, they will make the final 8 teams

Brazil will win the WC
  • Options
    I hate Brazil I really do. I despise the way they play football, cheating bunch of overrated fairies. I can't see them getting beyond the quarter finals. They probably will do though.
    Argentina have the players but not the coach. Maradonna's stinking idiocy will seep through their squad like diarrhoea.
    Spain are player-for player the best team in the world, they remind me of France 98. Finalists I reckon.
    Italy are donkey babb.
    Germany will have their worst world cup in living memory.
    Ivory Coast are well worth a bet.

England will win the World cup.
  • Options
    Supported Charlton all my life and look where we are. Backed Cardiff to win in the play-off final so as we could get the £250K from the Hudson deal and they lost. Supporting England to go all the way in the World Cup = EPIC FAIL.

It must be me! :-p