Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-season v Watford

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Just been annouced. At Vicarage Road.

Comments

• Options
    Not a bad un that

i will be doing that one
  • Options
    I think pre-season friendlies are the only things that are going to be announced by the club over the summer.
    Still, might attend this one.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36152&newstype=x

Saturday 31st July 3pm

Along with Welling (date to be confirmed) that's four we know so far.
  • Options
    Bet Watford are chuffed with that 'glamour' home friendly. Surely a championship side should go away to a lower league side, not the other way round?
  • Options
    Hardly glamour for either side but I am looking forward to this one, one more ground will be ticked off
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Hardly glamour for either side but I am looking forward to this one, one more ground will be ticked off[/quote]

Eh never been to Watford? then again your away support is a joke
  • Options
    been there, done that a few times... absolute khazi
  • Options
    There are pubs in Watford and it's easy to get to, have they still only got three stands?
  • Options
    Hmm dunno what I was expecting but hmm!
  • Options
    Why are our pre season games ALWAYS away ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We'll probably have one at home the week before the season starts as normal. We've sometimes had two at home.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]I think pre-season friendlies are the only things that are going to be announced by the club over the summer.
    Still, might attend this one.[/quote]

Sadly there will also be the announcements that players are leaving and we'll feel they are under valued
  • Options
    AFC Wimbledon could be fun
  • Options
    I know we've got watford, welling and wimbledon whats the other one? And why are we playing sides that begin with a w?
  • Options
    Bromley I think
  • Options
    liverpool 11?
  • Options
    Barnet
  • Options
    Strange one from our point of view.

Maybe we're just that skint that we cannot afford having to pay the costs of a Prem/European side as such Parma or even Inter Milan who we have played in the past!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Why are our pre season games ALWAYS away ?

We struggle to cover our costs on friendlies, so we have to be confident of attracting a reasonable crowd. For that reason we would never play a team from a lower level at The Valley so I admit to being completely baffled as to why Watford would play us.
  • Options
    About time we got the mighty Glasgow Rangers down The Valley, seemed to have played every other decent ground in london.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fatrob,

Tamworth (a Blue Square side) hosted Rangers 2 seasons ago and this year they're hosting Aberdeen! Who did we get last year at the Valley? Ipwich bloody Town! Sort it out Charlton - I would love to see us play a Scottish team at the Valley!
  • Options
    Also why do we always play Welling? I went to watch the pre-season match between Welling and Charlton 5 seasons ago and never again! It was bloody awful!
  • Options
    We just do. Charlton were playing Welling in pre-season before either club even existed.
  • Options
    worst welling v charlton game was the one in 2006, truly awful!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]worst welling v charlton game was the one in 2006, truly awful!

That was with Dowie when we lost 1-0, wasn't it. He did an impromptu meet and greet with supporters before the match. My brother and I had crossed the road next to him on our way in and basically just scowled at him. I hate that man. I blame him for everything.
  • Options
    Millwall are playing Hearts. Scottish team would be good.
  • Options
    THe season starts on August the 7th, the Watford game is on July 31st so I would expect this to be the last game before the stat of the season, otherwise they would have to play a Night game 3-5 days before the start and 2-4 days after teh Watford game, that seems unlikely.
  • Options
    This game is on my birthday. Not sure i want to spend it at Vicarage road.
  • Options
    We played Hearts in 98 had about 7000 from memory
  • Options
    My wedding anniversary

wonder if she fancies a romantic weekend away in Watford.....