Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-season v Watford

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Commentary on CAFC Player says the correct way to pronounce Akpo is Apo.

Doesn't he run the "Kwik-e-mart"?
    That's Apu ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Commentary on CAFC Player says the correct way to pronounce Akpo is Apo.

Doesn't he run the "Kwik-e-mart"?
    That's Apu ;-)
    Apu%20111.gif
    That's Apu...
  • Options
    McCormack peels off to the back post but heads straight at Loach
  • Options
    Semedo makes way for new signing Pawel Abbott

He needs to catch a train back to London to sign for Fulham.............
  • Options
    Abbott's neat back-heel tees up Waggy who shoots wide

Instant impact it seems
  • Options
    Bauza and Mambo replace Sodje and Solly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I hate to be hasty here, but based on comments on here and what i saw myself at Park View Road the other week, I think we've been sold a pup with McCormack and don't see what he offers the team.

Well, Golfie...... judging a player so far on two 45 minute pre-season friendly appearances does sound to me as a little hasty.

He's well proven at this level remember .......... he's 26 and been around a while, having made around 190 League appearances in the Championship, Scottish Prem and League One, including 130 games (15 goals) in his last 3 years at Southend, which included a play off semi-final defeat in a season where he scored 9 goals playing alongside Nicky Bailey (who scored 11 that year).

So if you " .....think we've been sold a pup with McCormack and don't see what he offers the team", I believe it best you wait until he's got 10 or 15 games for us under his belt - and make your judgement then ....?
  • Options
    Fantastic shot from Racon that hit keeper...
  • Options
    Loach saves brilliantly to keep out a Racon drive

Dailly meets the corner but Loach saves again
  • Options
    Mambo meets a Jackson corner but his free header flies wide
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Triallist Guillaume Norbert comes on for Waggy
  • Options
    Norbert, not Jon Fortune!

Ok so maybe Fortune isn't on the bench? Or is he but they didn't name all the subs at the start?
  • Options
    Elliot saves well from Graham after a slip from Racon.
  • Options
    clipped the bar charlton....
  • Options
    fiver on 0-0 versus Bournemouth
  • Options
    Great play from Reid, and his clip from an acute angle hits the bar
  • Options
    1-0 ft
  • Options
    We sounded good...... unlucky..
  • Options
    1 0 loss but we were all over them apparently
  • Options
    1 0 loss but we were all over them apparently
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So crap result, crap performance and losing away to a Championship side in a meaningless pre-season friendly means we're DOOMED to relegation.

Seriously, I thought we might have been capable of scoring a goal or 2 in the last couple of matches.
    But then I wasn't there, so I don't know of course.

Any views from those who were there ...?
  • Options
    Welli listened to it on Charlton Live & it sounded like we were all over them!

Am a very proud Lil'sis & no mistake :-D
  • Options
    That's very upbeat, Lil'sis. Good to hear!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well done to the commentary team on player
    Lot better than that silly Emma or whatever her name is

Who were the Commentators, Pete F and ?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2010
    We looked good and I'm confident our first team has enough to be a top 6 side based on this performance.

Abbott done very little but was a nuisance, think we need to play 2 up front and I'd get Bauza in. McCormack does look like he offers little. I'd start with Racon and Semedo in the middle next week.

Mambo was better at right back than Solly. We simply need to keep Reid fit, he's a class above.

Quietly confident if we can get another striker in. Now back to my pink cider...
  • Options
    No idea how we lost. Totally dominated 2nd half.

Numerous chances.

McCormack improved as the game went on.

Abbott and Bauza looks like it could work.

Reid on fire.

More later.
  • Options
    Think Killers Beard was one of the commentators. Wasn't listening but would expect him to be 10 times better than emma
  • Options
    Lost but do not know how. Many chances good performances all round, Reid ran his socks off and Abbot and Bouaza were creating havoc in the goal mouth. Looking forward to start of season
  • Options
    As I said earlier the only concern I have after today is the genuine lack of pace at the back. Thought Doc really struggled. Dont know if he was injured. Any word on why he was subbed?
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Think Killers Beard was one of the commentators. Wasn't listening but would expect him to be 10 times better than emma

He was, so was Pete F and I helped out a little in my pink shirt, but it's red!