Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-season v Watford

Comments

• Options
    We played St Johnstone in the early 70's...

Got stuffed 4-2...
  • Options
    We never beat Watford. And the town is a s*** hole not sure i will bother with this one am more excited about the AFC Wimbledon one tbh.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say Watford is the worst of places but yes it is a bit of a dive. I might still go tho ;)
  • Options
    Did hear that this game was arranged for The Valley to begin with.As yet no match fixed pre season at home.Does that not tell you something about the very hard season ahead of us.Always played one friendly at home for as long as i can remember.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]worst welling v charlton game was the one in 2006, truly awful!

Last season's was hardly a bundle of joy. I might miss this one but depends how bored i am at the time
  • Options
    hi people does anyone know if watford game is pay at gate? please
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uie2[/cite]hi people does anyone know if watford game is pay at gate? please

Valley Gold get first dibs.

I don't think there's going to be a problem paying on the day.
  • Options
    i think it's sold out mate ;-)
  • Options
    lol northstandsteve, and thanks blackforestreds :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Why are our pre season games ALWAYS away ?

We struggle to cover our costs on friendlies, so we have to be confident of attracting a reasonable crowd. For that reason we would never play a team from a lower level at The Valley so I admit to being completely baffled as to why Watford would play us.

Part of the deal that brought John Barnes to The Valley?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many of your are coming up?

In the usual end so might want to find a pub or two beforehand!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Super_horns[/cite]How many of your are coming up?

In the usual end so might want to find a pub or two beforehand!

We've all clubbed together and ordered a taxi.

I bet your lot are getting excited at the thought of rubbing your horns watching us....?

Probably be a booze and snooze in the sun, bit like watching cricket.
  • Options
    Not expecting a classic!

With our squad atm so thin and pretty experienced we'll probably be playing you in the league next season if you not go up.
  • Options
    Go by Train or car? Cannot decide
  • Options
    Charlton: Elliot; Solly, Jackson, Dailly, Doherty; Wagstaff, Semedo, McCormack, Racon, Reid; Sodje

Subs : Marshall, Llera, Fortune, Mambo, Stavrinou, Bauza, Abbott
  • Options
    So Jon Fortune is still a possible.Hopefuuly good news.
  • Options
    any links anywhere
    ??
  • Options
    Only person missing is Francis then, who is short on match fitness, and Youga obviously. By the looks of that squad we need to sign our trialists (Marshall, Bauza and Fortune) and get a winger and a pacey 20 goal a season striker in and I'd be very happy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]Charlton: Elliot; Solly, Jackson, Dailly, Doherty; Wagstaff, Semedo, McCormack, Racon, Reid; Sodje

Add the 2 signings from yesterday and I'm a lot happier with the team than I expected to be a month ago. Just worried about lack of pace at the back.
  • Options
    got one.. cafctv
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would expect to see Francis on the bench at least ahead of Mambo, and another striker/attacking midfielder in front of Stav too, by the time September 1st comes around
  • Options
    Must've passed on Mulley to,shame,thought he couldve done a job for us?
  • Options
    Cowie heads a Buckley centre across goal and well wide

Akpo finds Waggy and his low drive is blocked by Hodson
  • Options
    1 down
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Daily is skipper too, he'll get it for the season.

GOAL! Watford lead as Graham taps home from close range after Elliot saves from Sordell. Charlton were unlucky with ricochet in build-up

I am surprised there is no Mulley, but he's played every match so far, so he's probably wankered, I would sign him up still, he's not going to cost a lot and could do a job, after all he has played about 6 different positions for us already!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]I would expect to see Francis on the bench at least ahead of Mambo, and another striker/attacking midfielder in front of Stav too, by the time September 1st comes around
    Francis will be our first choice right back. He just isn't match fit.
  • Options
    Good to see Marshall, Fortune & Bauza still here, hope Mulley is too. If we got those 4, a LB on loan, a winger and a decent striker in I would be very happy indeed - I guess I am being a bit greedy though hoping for another 7 players!!
  • Options
    Akpo moves clear on the right but drags a good chance across goal and wide

Keeper Loach tips away a lofted effort from Reid after a fine ball down the right from Dailly
  • Options
    Ross, I meant for the match NEXT WEEK against Bournemouth, and I don't think he'll suddenly be Match Fit NEXT WEEK, will he?
  • Options
    Racon shoots just over from edge of box