Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If there was no England

Question that came up recently in a convo between me and a mate. Who would you support/follow if England did not qualify for a WC? I know the only time it's happened in my life time is 1994 and everyone ended up supporting Ireland but what if it were this WC South Africa 2010 but we diddnt qualify who would you follow?

I controvetsley went for France as I've had family living in Paris sine I was born (that will get me a caning on here I know) but I thought I would bring the question to the forum and see what you guys thought who would you follow?????

Comments

• Options
    The underdogs in every game
  • Options
    USA
  • Options
    Led Zeppellin
  • Options
    Italy
  • Options
    The Convicts...
  • Options
    Any team that's never won a major international tournament before.
  • Options
    Stoopid question

Everyone loves brazil
  • Options
    Spain (for obvious reasons!)

If neither England or Spain, then it would be Italy cos of the wife, if not them then Holland because I love the way the Dutch play
  • Options
    Spain i think for me
  • Options
    Probably Holland.

Anyone but the Argies, the French or the Germans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Italy, Brazil or Holland for me. Never Germany, Argentina or France. I'd support any of the home nations they were at the World Cup regardless of what they may wish upon us!
  • Options
    charlton

Or is that the other thread?
  • Options
    Brazil. (I have the excuse that I'm a 64th Brazilian - long story - and not just a glory hunter).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]Brazil. (I have the excuse that I'm a 64th Brazilian - long story - and not just a glory hunter).
    LOL - that reminds me of a mate I once played cricket with who worked out he was 1/128th Sri Lankan. We used to rib him about having 1/128th or Murali's bowling ability...
  • Options
    New Zealand and then for a team with a realistic chance, the Dutch.
  • Options
    The underdog, but probably the Dutch, after I fell in love with them in 1974.
  • Options
    Hate to agree with you Chicago but this time I do.
  • Options
    Holland
  • Options
    Argentina. Always like to see them play.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Argentina. Always like to see them play.[/quote]

Was in Canterbury yesterday and 5 jocks all wearing Argie tops

A bit of useless info
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Argentina. Always like to see them play.

Was in Canterbury yesterday and 5 jocks all wearing Argie tops

A bit of useless info

I wouldn't wear an Argentinian shirt. Just like their mix of fantastic skill and total cynicism at football.
  • Options
    North Korea.

We are the people!
  • Options
    no brainer for me, got to be Australia. In fact if they played England I'd probably want them to win.
  • Options
    Dutch
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Was in Canterbury yesterday and 5 jocks all wearing Argie tops

One was me !!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Definitely Brazil - Socrates was my hero as a kid and I had the Boys from Brazil video (Their world cup history narrated by Motty). I watched it until the tape snapped :-(
  • Options
    If there were no England playing in the World Cup?

It's just an overhyped circus anyway.

Wouldn't bother with it ........ it's summer, long evenings; loads of people and places to see, things to do and enjoy.
  • Options
    Speak for yourself mate, I didn't support Ireland in '94 and I don't know anyone else that did.

In this World Cup if there was no England then it would have to be USA or Australia.
  • Options
    South Korea - was at their game with Italy in 2002, red t-shirt an' all.
  • Options
    I like Eire. Always want them to do well in tournaments - the Jocks as well. Love it as a place as well - outside of Sicily the Irish are the friendliest people on Earth.