Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

James Corden v Captain Jean Luc Picard

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I despise Fatty Corden more than anyone on TV.

A bit harsh in my opinion, there are far more annoying characters on tv than Corden who is basically a bit of a lad enjoying his few minutes of fame. Gavin and Stacey was superb, the stuff he did with the England team last year and then this year for Sport Relief was also funny.
    His 'comedy' show with Matt Horne was a complete disaster though.

Didn't think that Sport Relief stuff, the team talk or that aerobics stuff with United was funny at all, just embarrassing.

& agree with Nolly, he doesn't seem like a lad at all. Just a geeky fat kid who was bullied at school who has somehow managed to get lucky with one show and is milking it for all it's worth. Not particularly witty, not as clued up on sport as he likes to think he is and just seems to make jokes about his weight all the time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]This thread does make me chuckle, similar to Davina McCall yesterday. They both have become well known faces on the TV and now most seem to think that they are over exposed and take the opportunity to slag them off. I'm so glad that I'm pretty talentless, I'd hate to make it big in this country just to be public enemy number one!

Think you're missing the point. It's not his overexposure that people dislike. It's the fact he isn't that funny but seemingly is involved in everything and appears on anything that is pissing people off!

If he was funny then people wouldn't mind, but he is tedious and is now dominating everything! Even those two unfunny wallies from Little Britain didn't appear on tv this much!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]corden is not one of the lads lets get that right,the man is out of breath just standing.

made me laugh out loud in the office.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]What a load of miserable buggers!

James Cordon is a funny guy, one of the lads type, and League of their Own was great fun. Looking forward to his world cup show.

That is exactly why I don't like him. Lads, banter, drinking stella, wearing clothes with big words printed on them, stupid coloured plastic sunglasses. All things I associate with that loud mouthed reprobate
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]corden is not one of the lads lets get that right,the man is out of breath just standing.[/quote]

Totally agree with Nolly.

He's a utter try-hard and just typical of the Tim Lovejoy no-self awareness media twats that are everywhere at the moment.

He'll be doing a cookery programme next. . . . .
  • Options
    So what do people think about the who ha regarding his England song. Complaints that the "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" is too hooligan and reflects badly on England?
    I personally feel having Cordon and rascal doing any England song reflects worse.
  • Options
    Fat git's asking for it. I'd give him some.
    (and not in a Davina McCall sort of way)
  • Options
    Must admit when I heard the "come & have a go if you think you're hard enough" line I was surprised.

Not exactly hooligan though. We sang that as 14 year olds along with "you're going home in a London ambulance"

Hardened lads don't exactly spend their time singing those chants!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Corden has over exposed himself but he's enjoying

I read it as she was backing Stewart - I think she said "I'd pay to see Patrick Stewart die on stage any day" - i.e. he's such a good actor that it wouldn't happen.

The whole situation was odd.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    he's alright in small doses - Gavin & Stacey was funny and a good series; but some of the other stuff...

however with regards to that spat with Patrick Stewart; very childish, not what you would expect from someone of Stewart's calibre; have to take Cordon's side on that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I know I am really in the minority on this one and it's all down to matter of opinion/choice, but.........

I LIKE HIM!!!!!

Loved Gavin & Stacy, loved League of their Own and looking forward to the world cup shows with him. He can be one of the lads with me any time!
  • Options
    I like him! think he is very funny actually especially on Gavin & Stacey and think he's fine presenting, singing and doing other things other then Horne and Cordan which was the biggest load of shite ever!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I enjoyed Gavin and Stacey very much and, whilst he does appear to be popping up on TV everywhere at the moment, I do feel some of the vitriol levelled at him is because of his physical appearance rather than his abundance (or lack) of talent which is not right in my opinion.
  • Options
    There weren't any winners in that situation. Just two losers.
  • Options
    James Corden is basically Ricky Gervais, but for stupid people
  • Options
    Curb It

He was taking the pee out of them he was making jokes about fancying them. Maybe Patrick Stewart didnt understand that but his FAT jibe was totally unacceptable.
  • Options
    Ricky Gervais is funny though, don't think you could really compare Gavin and Stacey to The Office. Thats like comparing a rump steak to a maccy d's cheese burger...
  • Options
    exactly, but some people (less intelligent people mostly) prefer a macdonalds
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]James Corden is basically Ricky Gervais, but for stupid people

I hope your not suggesting that because I happen to enjoy watching James Corden that makes me stupid or less intelligent as you put it so nicely.
  • Options
    gavin and stacey is pretty good, but if you like that sketch show he did, or that film, then youve got to be pretty stupid id have thought
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fat basterd...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I enjoyed Gavin and Stacey very much and, whilst he does appear to be popping up on TV everywhere at the moment, I do feel some of the vitriol levelled at him is because of his physical appearance rather than his abundance (or lack) of talent which is not right in my opinion.

But his only talent is having a 80 inch waist.
    Apart from a few ass gags Ruth Jones wrote all the funny bits in Gavin and stacey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]gavin and stacey is pretty good, but if you like that sketch show he did, or that film, then youve got to be pretty stupid id have thought

No, I agree that the sketch show wasn't that good, but is everything you do in your life brilliant, I doubt that somehow!

What I object to, is your insinuation that because I enjoy something that you don't, that makes me stupid or less inteligent. Not much weight to that comment as I have many professional qualifications and letters after my name.......you?
  • Options
    Didn't go mad about Gavin and Stacey but i have always found Corden to be an utter fool.

Them actors that can't differ from real life and acting can go jump of a cliff.

He is not funny in the slightest, but he seems to be everywhere i look!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]gavin and stacey is pretty good, but if you like that sketch show he did, or that film, then youve got to be pretty stupid id have thought

No, I agree that the sketch show wasn't that good, but is everything you do in your life brilliant, I doubt that somehow!

What I object to, is your insinuation that because I enjoy something that you don't, that makes me stupid or less inteligent. Not much weight to that comment as I have many professional qualifications and letters after my name.......you?

I think it's important to recognize different types of intelligence; there's academic intelligence, obviously, but then there's also other types that have little or no correlation to this. For example we talk of people having "footballing brains", and I also believe in somthing like a "comedy brain". I stand by my statement that James Corden is comedy for people with less of a "comedy brain".... which is not to say that you, sir, dont have one, since you yourself have admitted that in fact you dont like his sketch show
  • Options
    I laugh at Ricky Gervais and I laugh at James Corden so what sort of "comedy brain" do I have? I don't laugh much at Harry Hill and find him mildly irritating. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with me or Harry Hill's fans, we're just different.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dippenhall[/cite]I laugh at Ricky Gervais and I laugh at James Corden so what sort of "comedy brain" do I have? I don't laugh much at Harry Hill and find him mildly irritating. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with me or Harry Hill's fans, we're just different.

It would appear people who like Corden are a little more sensitive though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dippenhall[/cite]I laugh at Ricky Gervais and I laugh at James Corden so what sort of "comedy brain" do I have? I don't laugh much at Harry Hill and find him mildly irritating. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with me or Harry Hill's fans, we're just different.

what, exactly, do you like about corden?
  • Options
    Cordens having a saints day named after him...

It's called St Fatpricks Day...
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Cordens having a saints day named after him...

It's called St Fatpricks Day...