Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Heskey

Comments

• Options
    Who got the assist for Gerrard's goal?
  • Options
    Man of the Match, so far in my books.
  • Options
    Annnnnd... There's the email we know and love :o(
  • Options
    spell-check Leroy?
  • Options
    Nope - always called him email - for about ten years now. Started at my old Sunday team when we had a Ghanaian lad playing for us
  • Options
    OK, it wouldn't be Heskey if he didn't give the boo-birds ammunition!
  • Options
    Carragher was a bit lucky there
  • Options
    Until we have players who are comfortable playing ball to feet in congested midfields we will always need an Emile type player to relieve preasure. Unfortunately the only Emile type player we have is Emile and for all his good attributes his finishing is pony.
  • Options
    Man of the match tonight. Yanks didn't have a Danny how to deal with him. Just wish he knew where the f***ing onion bag is.
  • Options
    Man of the Match was Chorundolo or Howard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did anyone realy stand out to be MOM
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cblock[/cite]Did anyone realy stand out to be MOM

Townsend had a good un.Managed to get through the whole game without saying ' we' or 'us'.
  • Options
    Geezer couldn't finish his dinner. For all the good work he did you have still got to be finishing one on ones at international level. Shocking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Geezer couldn't finish his dinner. For all the good work he did you have still got to be finishing one on ones at international level. Shocking.
    We don't have a player like Heskey who can also finish though unfortunately.
  • Options
    average game by every england player,per usual heskey misses chances......hence why we drew
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]average game by every england player,per usual heskey misses chances......hence why we drew

Ah so it's the fault of the person who set up the goal? Not the keeper who let a 25 yard dribbler roll over the line?
  • Options
    they all played average . im sure we will progress personally. the man never seems to score......he is a striker
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]they all played average . im sure we will progress personally. the man never seems to score......he is a striker
    What about Wright-Phillips shot? That was a good chance as well. There were also crosses over hit, too high to get good contact on. Heskey's one-on-one was far from the only good opportunity for a second goal, bit unfair to single him out. It was the obvious good chance, but there were others.

Heskey won't score, but other players won't do his job. He won headers, held up the ball, kept possession, won free kicks. Similar to Burton for us but stronger, taller and quicker. Shame he won't score, but he did his job for the team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]they all played average . im sure we will progress personally. the man never seems to score......he is a striker
    What about Wright-Phillips shot? That was a good chance as well. There were also crosses over hit, too high to get good contact on. Heskey's one-on-one was far from the only good opportunity for a second goal, bit unfair to single him out. It was the obvious good chance, but there were others.

Heskey won't score, but other players won't do his job. He won headers, held up the ball, kept possession, won free kicks. Similar to Burton for us but stronger, taller and quicker. Shame he won't score, but he did his job for the team.

Cant recall him winning to many headers altough Crouch did when he came on. Also is it really acceptable that a forward of international level gets caught offside 80% of the time the ball is played forward. That isn't doing a job for the team that is being a bloody nuisance. Cant score, doesn't know the offside rule and spends more time on his arse than his feet.Oh yeah i can see the attraction of having him in the team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Geezer couldn't finish his dinner. For all the good work he did you have still got to be finishing one on ones at international level. Shocking.

true and I agree. Tonight though he was better than Rooney whom no-one seems prepared to criticize. I actually think Rooney likes playing up there on his own and is less effective with a partner. I'd have stuck Carrick alongside Lampard and have played Gerrard off Rooney.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]Man of the Match was Chorundolo or Howard.

I was quite impressed with Bradley too. USA will qualify from the group without too much trouble I expect. Altidore is USA's answer to Heskey. DeMerit could do a decent job for us next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

true and I agree. Tonight though he was better than Rooney whom no-one seems prepared to criticize. I actually think Rooney likes playing up there on his own and is less effective with a partner. I'd have stuck Carrick alongside Lampard and have played Gerrard off Rooney.

I agree with you Rooney was very poor tonight and if Hesky is picked because Rooney plays better with him in the side then questiond need to be asked, thought lamard was out of the game but Johnson did ok no one else maybe Lennon and Gerrard played ok but looked for the first 15 minutes like he was going to be fantastic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

Cant recall him winning to many headers altough Crouch did when he came on.
    You can't be serious Unc. Fair play, you don't rate the bloke - and he IS pony in front of goal, but he won absolutely everything in the air tonight. Every time the ball was lumped up to him he put his nut on it. Say whatever you like about him not taking chances (all true), but he was peerless in the air tonight.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]Man of the Match was Chorundolo or Howard.

I was quite impressed with Bradley too. USA will qualify from the group without too much trouble I expect. Altidore is USA's answer to Heskey. DeMerit could do a decent job for us next season.
    I have a feeling DeMerit will either end up at one of the promoted teams in the Prem or back over in the US. Zero chance he'll end up in division three.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]You can't be serious Unc. Fair play, you don't rate the bloke - and he IS pony in front of goal, but he won absolutely everything in the air tonight. Every time the ball was lumped up to him he put his nut on it. Say whatever you like about him not taking chances (all true), but he was peerless in the air tonight.
    What Leroy said, he barely lost a header all night.

Fair enough he was caught offside a few times when he shouldn't have been, but it happens. There were bigger problems than Heskey being caught offside 3/4 times.

The passing stats are on FIFAs site, Gerrard completed something like 36 out of 61 passes, and others weren't great either. That's far more worrying than a few offsides.

Agree Rooney didn't have a good game.

I'm not actually saying I rate Heskey highly or think we have to play him. Just saying he played fairly well and don't be surprised if he starts the other two group games. If the team could keep posession better we probably wouldn't need a big targetman.
  • Options
    Well i guess its all about opinions and ours differ but the fact rermains, if he was brought into the team to get the best out of Rooney he didn't do his job properly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Well i guess its all about opinions and ours differ but the fact rermains, if he was brought into the team to get the best out of Rooney he didn't do his job properly

He brings the midfield into play too, look at the goal.....
  • Options
    Carly Burn; You do realise Townsend comes from Bexleyheath, his grandparents were irish.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Well i guess its all about opinions and ours differ but the fact rermains, if he was brought into the team to get the best out of Rooney he didn't do his job properly
    More than just bringing Rooney into the game. He played fairly well but like every player could have played better, will leave it at that.

Will be interesting to see if Capello sticks with 4-4-2 or not. I'd like to see how Rooney does on his own like others have suggested, it might work better, I don't know.
  • Options

Would agree with this. Gerrard was our best player but still got turned inside out by Dempsey before their goal. Heskey was OK but there's no excuse fot that mis. Bent would have buried that.