Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v USA - Match Thread

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
Heskey starts, ridiculous

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to another good result with the proven Heskey/Rooney partnership and see him belittled again.
  • Options
    What colour shirts we playing in...?
  • Options
    Did you see that !!!
  • Options
    Heskey so rubbish :)
  • Options
    I missed it. Itv HD went to adverts for about 30 seconds before the goal was scored!
  • Options
    ITV useless again on HD managed to miss the goal.........some idiot flashed on some ads............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Was it just on HD? Bloody joke
  • Options
    looks like it was just on the HD ITV channel - and now my picture isnt in bloody HD!!!!
  • Options
    Someone should be sacked for that
  • Options
    ITV are useless for football coverage. I remember when they went to break in the Scouse FA CUP macth that went to extra time and missed the goal there!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aaahgghhhhgg.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Charlton
    It's just like watching Charlton
  • Options
    So true, oh so true!
  • Options
    Gerrard is playing very but shame about green:(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: east terrace peanuts[/cite]ITV useless again on HD managed to miss the goal.........some idiot flashed on some ads............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nearly had a barney with the missus as she had the controller. Glad you lot sorted it for me.....
  • Options
    Love the footage of the guys watching the game in Afghanistan. The bloke nearest the camera clearly says "oh. fuck." in a resigned way, as the yanks go apeshit behind him. He doesn't even look angry, just like he knew that they were going to do this to him.
  • Options
    King injured? Quelle surprise...
  • Options
    Darren Bent in that position = 2-1!
  • Options
    ooh that was close.
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam would've done better than SWP there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if only we had a finisher on a few of those chances
  • Options
    I have watched the MLS for the last 5 years, US football is not at all bad - doesn't really surprise me this result
  • Options
    I thought we lacked imagination and are totally predictable
  • Options
    We do not and never will produce good enough footballers. All our best footballers like 130,000 a week Lampard are okay when they are surrounded by techically good foreign players but once they have to play with other englishman they are limited crap.

The FA can pay 6miilion a year for the beat manager in the world but it wont make a monkeys chuff of a difference when they have to deal with footballers who cannot retain the ball beyond four passes.
  • Options
    Good to see the well oiled machine that is Lampard and Gerrard setting the world on fire again. ;-)
  • Options
    The above is apparently The England team leaving the stadium tonight !
    ;-)
  • Options
    We are basically the Everton of international football, a decent solid team who are streets behind the top few but with a follwing wind and a load of luck could pull off a shock in a cup competition.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harry Gregory[/cite]We do not and never will produce good enough footballers. All our best footballers like 130,000 a week Lampard are okay when they are surrounded by techically good foreign players but once they have to play with other englishman they are limited crap.

The FA can pay 6miilion a year for the beat manager in the world but it wont make a monkeys chuff of a difference when they have to deal with footballers who cannot retain the ball beyond four passes.

Kneejerk rubbish, and I'm guessing there's more on the way from England Fans.

Chill. We drew thanks to an out of the blue goalkeeping error and probably would have gone on win comfortably otherwise. That moment shook us a bit, it happens. The key to this group was not losing against USA and we haven't, and I fully expect us to notch up a couple of wins in the next two games.

We do produce good footballers, our problem has just been bottle. Italy and Germany haven't produced great sides for a decade but they tend to be there or thereabouts. Holland meanwhile produce better footballers than us but have just as mediocre a record.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Harry Gregory[/cite]We do not and never will produce good enough footballers. All our best footballers like 130,000 a week Lampard are okay when they are surrounded by techically good foreign players but once they have to play with other englishman they are limited crap.

Kneejerk rubbish, and I'm guessing there's more on the way from England Fans.

Chill. We drew thanks to an out of the blue goalkeeping error and probably would have gone on win comfortably otherwise. That moment shook us a bit, it happens. The key to this group was not losing against USA and we haven't, and I fully expect us to notch up a couple of wins in the next two games.

We do produce good footballers, our problem has just been bottle. Italy and Germany haven't produced great sides for a decade but they tend to be there or thereabouts. Holland meanwhile produce better footballers than us but have just as mediocre a record.
    100% accurate. England were all over them for most of the game - one stupid mistake cost them. With the exception of Lampard (who I thought was dreadful), Wright-Phillips (who I thought was wasteful) and Green (for obvious reasons) nobody in an England shirt had a bad game tonight. England will panel the other two teams in the group and go through easily - probably top the group because the yanks won't score as many.