Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup pundits

13»

Comments

• Options
    Quite like Hodgson, maybe it is because it is evident unlike some of the others- his knowledge is excellent and probably knows more about some of the teams and players than most.

Seedorf is also good to listen to. BBC are certainly better than ITV in terms of pundits.
  • Options
    Quite like what Roy Hodgson has to say, if bloody Hansen says '2 banks of 4' once more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: QatarNapsy[/cite]Just as i was thinking we had it good on Al Jazeera, who pops up on the France-Mexico match last night........Iain fcuking Dowie.

Dowie's punditry is as poor as his management. I don't know how he keeps getting employment, must be his good looks.
  • Options
    This WC is being ruined for me by a constant monotonous annoying droning noise, but other than Adrian Chiles the pundits haven't been too bad.
  • Options
    Would like to tone down my previous rant about Adebayour. HAve seen him again since and he was greatly improved and was speaking s-l-o-w-e-r. Maybe he's been on here?
  • Options
    saw him in bromley few weeks ago.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Alan Green annoys me belittling countries like Switzerland whilst creaming himself over Spain.

Just as he does with the big 4 in the Premiership.

Twat!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Alan Green annoys me belittling countries like Switzerland whilst creaming himself over Spain.

Just as he does with the big 4 in the Premiership.

Twat![/quote]

agree, the way he keeps saying 'we' when talking about england. northern ireland didnt qualify you fat berk
  • Options
    Oh God it gets worse. Now we have to put up with that jowley wideboy Harry and his pointless platitudes and claims to be personally responsible for everyone having a good tournament (or at least have had them watched thereby demonstrating what an effing genius he is). Arrrggghhh.....
  • Options
    Bobby Gould on Talksport. He gets lost halfway through a sentence and is totally incoherent. He just described Capello as inexperienced.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Harry Redknapp is the worst. His catchphrases of: "he's a terrific player" (normally someone who has or does play for Harry) and "in my opinion".
  • Options
    I normally like Redknapp to be honest. However, today I heard him talking about Defoe in West Ham's youth team as if they are to be credited for his emergence.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I normally like Redknapp to be honest. However, today I heard him talking about Defoe in West Ham's youth team as if they are to be credited for his emergence.

It was at that point that my tv was seriously under threat. Not that I'm complaining but how comes he only comes on right at the end to chip in with his pointless comments?
  • Options
    Not sure how Lineker and Shearer came to the conclusion that Gerrard was going to play in the hole when Rooney and Defoe were both on the teamsheet before yesterdays game. Think they were a bit embarrassed about that. Capello took a risk and stuck to his 4 4 2 and didn't give in to the clamour for Cole. It partly worked but the fact that we don't top the group has made things so much harder and therefore yesterday was a bit of a failure but it seems that the press and pundits just glossed over it, for fear of being negative.
  • Options
    To be fair Dan alot of people, including myself, thought that with Gerrards tendacy to come central we would line up with him in the hole and with three midfielders behind him (Milner, Barry & Lampard all capable of playing cnetral). During the game though, Milner kept wide....but Gerrard still drifted into the middle.
  • Options
    You can only really play 3 midfielders if you have 5 at the back, otherwise you get over run in the middle / flanks. Playing Gerrard in the hole would need a striker to be dropped.Gerrard basically plays the role that Graeme Stewart used to play for us but ultimately he is still responsible for picking up the wide midfield player when we don't have the ball or Barry has to cover. There is no way he can just sit in the hole unless there is only 1 up front. I'm not the Oracle of course and its obviously only my opinion.
  • Options
    Heard an interesting theory that the reason we didn't get stifled in midfield like usual is because Slovenia also played 4-4-2, unlike most of these sides who pitch up with 4-5-1. So the improvement came greatly out of having more space in centre midfield. Of course if this is true it might not matter, as the Germans will probably play two up front also.
  • Options
    i think Rooney seemed to drop deeper knowing that Defoe would always be 'on the shoulder' and attacking the box. This allowed him and Gerrard to link up better which was probably the key to our better football. Strange he hasn't used Crouch yet. He's the one player who seems to actually play better in an England shirt.