Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Players Homes now and past ?

not wanting to snoop or stalk just thinking over the years i guess the places players live have changed what with more money and more overseas players i guess the times of players living local have moved on im sure in the old days players lived within a few miles of club ....not now i guess theres a football players belt of cribs they all live in
Just wondering who lives the closeset now and in the old times...........there must have been players living walking distance away ....sorry if old thread on this just putting on the life jacket if needed

Comments

• Options
    i think a few of the loan players from prem years, carlton cole for one, lived in flats on court road mottingham near the blackheath golf club
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Fuller when on Trail had one of the flats at the old Brook or whatever the hospital next to it was
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    When we were in The Prem a few lived at Kings Hill........ West Malling.
  • Options
    didnt martin pringle live in the travel lodge bexleyheath?
  • Options
    stalker alert!
  • Options
    Carlton Cole used to live in the same set of flats that i live.

Pringle used to live in a real expensive house in Blackheath. Casterbridge area.

Johansson and Svensson used to share a house in Blackheath by the Royal Standard Roundabout
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]didnt martin pringle live in the travel lodge bexleyheath?

next to Alan Partridge
  • Options
    im sure Keith Peacock built the big gaff near the humps and bumps in Barnehurst (near the station)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]When we were in The Prem a few lived at Kings Hill........ West Malling.

Hermanator and Kish i believe.
  • Options
    Mark Reid lived in Barnehurst
    Dean Kiely had a place near Birchwood Golf course
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]im sure Keith Peacock built the big gaff near the humps and bumps in Barnehurst (near the station)

Yeah he did. His daughter used to live on the corner fo my road and used to get me signed Gavin Peacock photo's from when he was at Chelsea if I kicked the ball over her fence! Peter Shirtliff used to live in Vicarage Close round the corner from me.
  • Options
    Mark Fish lived in Lubbock Road, Chislehurst
  • Options
    Sir Clive used to live nr Dean Kiely along the Birchwood Road

Gavin Peacock used to live in a house by the Church in Bexley - St Marys nr Dartford Rd,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]When we were in The Prem a few lived at Kings Hill........ West Malling.

Hermanator and Kish i believe.

Last I heard...(a year or two back) Herman still owns that house...rents it out I believe.

Graham Stuart bought a delightful little studio lodge right next to Beckenham Tennis and Cricket Club in the grounds of St Margarets(close to the golf course)..... I used to live in St Margarets.
  • Options
    Sure Chris Iwelumo used to live in Ipswich, bit of a trek to the training ground.

Met Martin Pringle in Bexleyheath just after he signed, was staying at the Marriot.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Back in the sixties Keith Peacock lived in Ankerdine Crescent which runs off of Shrewsbury Lane which is the turning off of Shooters Hill by The Bull Pub for those unfamiliar with the area.

Len Glover lived in Stockwell at a similar time as I have a letter from him c 1967.

In contrast (ancient to modern) I believe Kish used to live in a large pad in Bickley close to the Bird in Hand pub. Rommedahl lived in an exclusive development close to the Bull's Head in Chislehurst.

So in answer to Dartford Gent's original point yes the style of residence has changed.

EDIT: Just seen Pringle mentioned above. He used to live on the private Cator estate in Blackheath.
  • Options
    My Dad used to live next door to Mike Bailey in Church Rd Bexleyheath in the 60's.
  • Options
    kins did (and may still well do so) live out in langdon hills, essex
  • Options
    Alan Curbishley lives in a nice house in East London; Uncle Shelvey lives next door.

;o)
  • Options
    Ronnie Moore used to live up the road from me, Brownspring Drive New Eltham. Style of residence: clapped out semi.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: PhoenixSiv[/cite]kins did (and may still well do so) live out in langdon hills, essex

Does he really thats 2 minutes from me
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: PhoenixSiv[/cite]kins did (and may still well do so) live out in langdon hills, essex

He moved to Sutton Coldfield when he went to Villa, Southgate's old house. I think his lad is at a midlands club.
  • Options
    Kins lives near me in Sutton Coldfield. His son is in the academy at Walsall
  • Options
    Eddie Firmani used to live in Barnfield Wood Road in Beckenham and use the Langley Park Golf Club.
  • Options
    Scott Minto used to live in Biggin Hill and appropriately enough in the valley area of the town.
  • Options
    See brian hughes in ivory lounge a good few months ago with jimmy bullard & michael turner. Hughesy told me he had a house in orpington somewhere & still keeps in contact with the hermanator
  • Options
    Garry Nelson lives a mile or so away from me in Hockley, Essex
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Back in the sixties Keith Peacock lived in Ankerdine Crescent which runs off of Shrewsbury Lane which is the turning off of Shooters Hill by The Bull Pub for those unfamiliar with the area.

There's a could 'ave been if he'd 'ave been any good footballer living in that very road now ; )
    By the way Sir Peacock lived at 160, my daughter asked when she worked at the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]Eddie Firmani used to live in Barnfield Wood Road in Beckenham and use the Langley Park Golf Club.

I knew a couple of girls round that way......
  • Options
    Derek Hales used to and probably still lives in a house, with a sign outside that says " Public Bar ".