Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Players Homes now and past ?

Comments

• Options
    Eddie Youds: Blackheath Village
    Simon Webster: Used to live in a road just off from Blackheath Rugby Club.
  • Options
    Simon Webste. Yep. Lives next door to me.
  • Options
    My mate rented a flat from Paul Elliot in Blackheath.
  • Options
    Clive Mendonca, Dean Kiely and Bart Williams used to live near me, near Birchwood/Wilmington.

Paul Elliot lived in Chislehurst, still does, had a BBQ round there 3 years back when i played for his acadamy. If anyone knows the nice houses in Chislehurst nearer the high street, his one is the one with the huge tree in the garden.
  • Options
    John Hewie and Sam Lawrie lived in the houses the club built near the old Valley club.
    Don Townsend,father of Andy, lived in Donaldson Road near the top of Shooters Hill.
    Jock Campbell and others lived in club houses in Plum Lane Nr Plumstead Common.
  • Options
    Johhny Summers lived in Arngask Road Catford............his son John still lives there.
  • Options
    Alan McLeary lived round the corner from me in Welling when he played for us.
  • Options
    Paul Went lived in Fairfield Rd, Ilford when he played for us, across the road from his mum and dad.
    Keithie lived in Oakhampton Crescent Welling.
    Martin Peters lived next door but one to my old house in Hornchurch when England won the World Cup. Geoff Hurst's garden backed onto his garden.
  • Options
    Doesn't Scott Wagstaff rent above the Valley Cafe?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Colin in Thailand.[/cite]Derek Hales used to and probably still lives in a house, with a sign outside that says " Public Bar ".

I thought he lived in Thurston Road Lewisham, by the station?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Colin in Thailand.[/cite]Derek Hales used to and probably still lives in a house, with a sign outside that says " Public Bar ".

I thought he lived in Thurston Road Lewisham, by the station?

Never in a million years surely he's a Kent lad................that's not his manor at all.
  • Options
    you dont know Thurston Road then?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]you dont know Thurston Road then?

Hales skips maybe?

Ah yes I know where you mean now....the settlement where the Lewisham Three came from.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    My mates friend (there's a strenuous connection) used to clean a few of the players houses, one of whom was Darren Bent. Couldn't tell you where they lived though.
  • Options
    Bent lived next to the O2 I think, which is where Sam lives.
  • Options
    Didn't MCS used to stalk Darren Bent?

I'm sure I remember him posting that he'd seen him near the O2 area on a regular basis at one time!
  • Options
    Leaburn used to live in an apartment at Lee, on the same development as a mate of my dad's
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Didn't MCS used to stalk Darren Bent?

I'm sure I remember him posting that he'd seen him near the O2 area on a regular basis at one time!

LOL, riding his BMX through the Blackwall Tunnel

Good old MCS!
  • Options
    Jonjo Shelvey lives in Essex but shortly moving to scouseland
  • Options
    Chris Duffy apparantly lived in a bungalow at the top of Edison Road in Welling and rumour has it that as the winning goalscorer in 1947 he took the FA cup home with him that night.
    Gordon Watson lived in Chaucer Road Welling as a kid and John Pender lived just off of Hook Lane when he played for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Jonjo Shelvey lives in Essex but shortly moving to scouseland

Don't remind us! It's too depressing!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Penfolds Perm[/cite]John Pender lived just off of Hook Lane

I used to live just off Hook Lane, Welling
  • Options
    Robert Lee used to live in a turnstile at The Valley.
  • Options
    Les Berry lived in Woodland Way, West Wickham during his playing days.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ashers[/cite]Les Berry lived in Woodland Way, West Wickham during his 'playing' days.
  • Options
    Worked on J Johanson's house in 2003. It was in King's Hill. If memory serves me right it had been pre-bought for 1.1 million, and it was a three story pile of shit in a gated community. Shockingly shitly built, with a garden probably about a fifth of an acre and about fifty people living fifty yards away in even more appalling super expensive two bed flats. The man clearly was an utter idiot for wasting his money in such an awful house.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Brian Hughes and Herman lived next door to each other on Kings Hill. I think Herman has sold his place. As I understand it he sold in August 2007. Strangly both he and Hughes were selling at the same time and had the same house type.

Scott Parker also lived on Kings Hill for a while, as did Shaun Bartlett.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Robert Lee WAS a turnstile at The Valley.

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]Brian Hughes and Herman lived next door to each other on Kings Hill. I think Herman has sold his place. As I understand it he sold in August 2007. Strangly both he and Hughes were selling at the same time and had the same house type.

Scott Parker also lived on Kings Hill for a while, as did Shaun Bartlett.

Bartlett was my neighbour. Nice family. Had a lot of cars.
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Robert Lee used to live in a turnstile at The Valley.

Emerson Park, the posh bit of Hornchurch. Tony Adams used to be his neighbour before Lee got richer and had a humungous pad built.

Chris Powell lived in Old Coulsdon

I didn't know Johnny Summers lived in Arngask Rd. I grew up a couple of roads from there.
  • Options
    The location of the players' accommodation changes along with the plight of our once so great club - definitely one, possibly both Sodje brothers now reside in Abbey Wood.