Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Players Homes now and past ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Not many stops on the trainline to the Valley ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eva4charlton[/cite]Not many stops on the trainline to the Valley ;-)

When I was a lad, we used to call a 'trainline' a railway.

;o)
  • Options
    Steve Gritt used to live on Dunkery rd, Mottingham.

My uncle bought his place off him in the 90's.
  • Options
    Sam Sodje lives/stays in Abbey Wood.
  • Options
    Sure Steve Gritt lives or used to live (back in the 90's) near my old primary school in New Eltham.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Sure Steve Gritt lives or used to live (back in the 90's) near my old primary school in New Eltham.

He lives in Orpington.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]Brian Hughes and Herman lived next door to each other on Kings Hill. I think Herman has sold his place. As I understand it he sold in August 2007. Strangly both he and Hughes were selling at the same time and had the same house type.

Scott Parker also lived on Kings Hill for a while, as did Shaun Bartlett.

Bartlett was my neighbour. Nice family. Had a lot of cars.
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Robert Lee used to live in a turnstile at The Valley.

Emerson Park, the posh bit of Hornchurch. Tony Adams used to be his neighbour before Lee got richer and had a humungous pad built.

Chris Powell lived in Old Coulsdon

I didn't know Johnny Summers lived in Arngask Rd. I grew up a couple of roads from there.

Neil ruddock also lived there as did frank McAvennie, Micheal Carrick and quite a few others
  • Options
    Mickey Bennett had a flat down Woodhill road on the borders of Woolwich and Charlton!

An old girlfriend used to live oppo him and used to chat to him quite often!
  • Options
    Billy Bonds used to live Leysdown Rd Mottingham.
  • Options
    Lenny lawrence lived maybe still does in Starts hill road Farnbrough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Billy Bonds lives in Yester Park Chislhurst , in a house called "The Terrace".
  • Options
    Claus Jenson and Luke Varney lived in Kemnal Rd Chislehurst.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Colin in Thailand.[/cite]Billy Bonds lives in Yester Park Chislhurst , in a house called "The Terrace".

He's come up in the world since I was a kid
  • Options
    Cory Gibbs also lived in Chislehurst................in the caves............................according to local legend.
  • Options
    i find all this knowledge rather disturbing.

(jerome thomas also stayed in them flats in court road)
  • Options
    King Arthur lives about 10 doors down from me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]King Arthur lives about 10 doors down from me.

If he's a real King then surely he should be living 10 doors UP from you......no doubt that's how he would see it!
  • Options
    George Shipley used to live in Gypsy Road Welling, close to the corner with Sutcliffe Road
  • Options
    Great thread this. Some of the things you never knew you needed to know about Charlton.

Last season, Phil Parkinson used to have an office at Sparrows Lane, marked "Assistant Manager".
    With the word "Assistant" scribbled out with a black marker pen.

He might still live there, for all I know.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Cory Gibbs also lived in Chislehurst................in the caves............................according to local legend.[/quote]

So, he wasn't injured, he just couldn't find his way out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i built a lot of houses in kingshill. Done work on hermans. Chatted to him once. Saw gudjohnson pull up at his house one time. Shaun bartlett used to see me working in my charlton shirt. Tony warner lived there too he used to stand outside the front door with his shirt off all the time. What a plank.
  • Options
    I nearly bought the house next door to Herman, just before Hughes moved in.
  • Options
    Stephan Andersen lived close to Westcombe Park station.
    I saw him out and about fairly frequently.
    He waved when I shouted "great game" at him in the street, not long after beating Chelsea at the Bridge in the Carling Cup.
    It was probably the highlight if his time with us- (that game, not me shouting).
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Marco[/cite]Stephan Andersen lived close to Westcombe Park station.
    I saw him out and about fairly frequently.
    He waved when I shouted "great game" at him in the street, not long after beating Chelsea at the Bridge in the Carling Cup.
    It was probably the highlight if his time with us- (that game, not me shouting).

You mean when we took away Chelsea's unbeaten home record....well we didn't actually win did we, as their run went on past that game, well according to Mourhinio &Co that is.....it was like it never happened according to anyone at Chelsea...one of the funniest and most obvious in-denial thing's I've ever come across in the world of football.
    To this day that game never took place, well in their minds that is!