Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Burley new Palace manager(Ed. You're Fired !)

Comments

• Options
    I included St Johns Ambulance as Palace still owe them £14k.

What the Palace fans did was a very generous gesture, but it doesn't clear the debt owed by Palace to them. Are you going to do it for ALL the creditors? - many just as deserving.

SJA still have voting rights at the CVA as a creditor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I included St Johns Ambulance as Palace still owe them £14k.

What the Palace fans did was a very generous gesture, but it doesn't clear the debt owed by Palace to them. Are you going to do it for ALL the creditors? - many just as deserving.

SJA still have voting rights at the CVA as a creditor.

Well I would hope that SJA would reward the Palace fans who generously contributed to them, by accepting the CVA.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Really hope the CVA gets blocked.

What palace are trying to get away with should be criminal.[/quote]

We were put in administration by Agilo. Jordan should never of got the club into the mess it was admittedly, but Agilo were responsible for putting us in admin.

I feel for the creditors, it's not on that they're getting back 1p in the £1. But let's be honest, it's not the fault of the CPFC2010 consortium so why should they pay for Jordan's mess? Baring in mind Agilo are getting around 90% of their money back so in effect we're paying back much more than people give them credit for.

Our situation was very different to Southampton's. Let's not forget they tried to cheat the points deduction and the Football league rightly stopped that happening.[/quote]

So CPFC have done a deal with Agilo whereby they get back 90p on the £1, but the other creditors like HMRC, St Johns Ambulance and about 400 other local businesses get shafted?

What about the long term ST holders? Do they get to watch one home match every four seasons? Or are they being treated as preferential creditors by your saviours?

Oh, and CPFC2010 have negotiated with the largest creditor to ensure a CVA is agreed, whereby you don't get a further points deduction to start the coming season - so cheating, but unlike Southampton, you'll be getting away with it.

It stinks and you know it.[/quote]

Why wouldn't our season ticket holders be treated as preferential creditors? No doubt you'd slag off CPFC for poor season ticket sales if they chose not to honour them!

Fair enough you mention some of the unsecured creditors who won't get paid fully. Don't mention St John's Ambulance though, you know full well we raised nearly £20,000 to pay them back fully. Many of you are quick to slag off Palace fans, we've raised a hell of a lot which I see no reason, at all for Charlton of all clubs to criticise.

You've said were cheating, I don't agree with the admin process, but you're calling us cheating when we've received our punishment. Personally, the 10 point deduction should be the minimum with a 2/3 year ban on promotion. Although I'm sure you'll disagree when CAFC go into admin which looks more and more likely...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Try reading what I put in my posts churley.

It also appears that our three Palace regulars are now starting to show their true colours - all mentioning our possible administration - none with any insider information - and all three appearing to be crossing their fingers.

And please use the BBCode button when you quote.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Try reading what I put in my posts churley.

It also appears that our three Palace regulars are now starting to show their true colours - all mentioning our possible administration - none with any insider information - and all three appearing to be crossing their fingers.

Addickted, I have always thought of you as a sensible poster, a definate agenda against Jordan, but normally pretty accurate about Palace's financial situation. However any thing I have ever mentioned about Charlton's financial situation, is only from what I have read on here. I certainly wouldn't wish it on Charlton, and I have alway's been grateful for some of the kind messages I have seen on here from many posters.

Personally I am just pleased that our situation seems to be coming to an end, and I am certainly not sat here with my fingers crossed, hoping administration on you.

Congrats on your recent new's btw.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Really hope the CVA gets blocked.

What palace are trying to get away with should be criminal.

We were put in administration by Agilo. Jordan should never of got the club into the mess it was admittedly, but Agilo were responsible for putting us in admin.

I feel for the creditors, it's not on that they're getting back 1p in the £1. But let's be honest, it's not the fault of the CPFC2010 consortium so why should they pay for Jordan's mess? Baring in mind Agilo are getting around 90% of their money back so in effect we're paying back much more than people give them credit for.

Our situation was very different to Southampton's. Let's not forget they tried to cheat the points deduction and the Football league rightly stopped that happening.

And lets not forgot that we took that on the chin and paid 100% of our debt back.

You don't get many clubs do that once they're in administration......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Try reading what I put in my posts churley.

I don't think you need to be forensic accountant to believe that CAFC finances are under great strain, you only need to have witnessed your tumble from the Premiership to where you are now to know your income will be massivley reduced...........I've never actually seen the leaning tower of Pisa, but I know it's at an angle!

The only sour grapes round here, are from YOU, you were like a cheerleader at a suicide, and you seem very deflated that there was no body.

I hope CAFC do not end up in admin as it would be a very great shame, I'd take no pleasure from that all.
  • Options
    Thanks SOS for that extremely holier than thou attitude.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Thanks SOS for that extremely holier than thou attitude.

You're welcome, would you like me to take 30 seconds out of my day to patronize you also? Actually I'd probably only need 10 ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Thanks SOS for that extremely holier than thou attitude.

You're welcome, would you like me to take 30 seconds out of my day to patronize you also? Actually I'd probably only need 10 ;-)

Don`t get too flash ole son ! Better add a winkie thing ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted - all Palaces creditors except the Taxman accepted the offer, which suggests they are happy to get something rather than nothing. We clubbed together and paid off the SJA. We now have an ownership set-up of very successful fans, who have purchased a Championship London club and ground, debt free, for GBP 6.5m. We now have a fantastic season to look forward to, following a season where the fans came together, where we had some amazing highs and awful lows, and this will only boast our wonderful club. The new management is engaging fans in how to build Palace's support, what to do with the ground and what can be done to make the club grow. There are no delusions - in our first season, a nice, mid-table finish would be fantastic. Our new manager is as good as we could hope for.

As for you, you really are a bitter man. Now that your wet dream of Palace going into liquidation has been dashed, what do you have left? Oh yes - Yeovil and Rochdale away, no buyers in the offing, declining crowds, Deon Burton turning down contract offers and the continued presence of a laughable away following.

Enjoy your season 'model club' supporters.
  • Options
    My Matt...how the worm turns. A lot of us addicks were hoping that palace wouldn't go under cos you always want rivals to measure yourself by. (And in my case some of my best mates are palace.) My guess is that you will really struggle again without Colin as your manager. Crowds will be about 12-13k, which means there is no income to develop and your new owners will soon be losing millions every year. Bless 'em. Doubt if there will be money to develop Selhurst and you have already lost your best players. At least Burley might get you to play football on the deck instead of hoof ball. Best not to patronise us cos you may be in Div 1 next season.
  • Options
    Oh dear,wondered how long it would be before we had some spotty nigel come on here and give it large about our situation and league status,Yeovil,Rochdale,away support,blah,blah,bore off mate,we might not be in the best of positions at the moment but form is temporary,class is permanent. I fail to see how you can gloat over another clubs predicament when just a few short weeks ago you nearly didnt exist after going into admin AGAIN,whats that,the 3rd time in 20 years?? What a 'model' club!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]this will only boast our wonderful club.

Certainly sounds like it Nigel .................. you must be so pleased that CPFC2010 beat off all of the "competition" to seal the deal. I'd be slightly embarrassed if my club + the ground were worth the mighty sum total of £6.5m and the new owners could only stump up 1p in the £ to offer the creditors of your "wonderfool" club ..............................
  • Options
    I thought shat_himself was banned?

What you nigels need to realise is that this isn't a my dad is bigger than your dad situation, it's a lot more than that. Clubs who enter admin always end up better off whereas local businesses suffer. Sheff Wed are a decent example of how a club avoiding admin don't receive any benefits.
  • Options
    Palarse + George Burley = Relegation Certainties!!!!

I am a big fan of Colin Wanker and reckon he was a huge part of their strength, with him out of the picture things will be very tough indeed.

Jesus, when was the last time George Burley was successful anywhere? Ipswich?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Palarse + George Burley = Relegation Certainties!!!!

I am a big fan of Colin Wanker and reckon he was a huge part of their strength, with him out of the picture things will be very tough indeed.

Jesus, when was the last time George Burley was successful anywhere? Ipswich?

He took his last two Championship clubs Derby and Southampton into the play offs. I'm not expecting us to do that this year, but if he can get us playing attractive football, then I'll happily accept that, and then hopefully build on from that.

[cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I thought shat_himself was banned?

What you nigels need to realise is that this isn't a my dad is bigger than your dad situation, it's a lot more than that. Clubs who enter admin always end up better off whereas local businesses suffer. Sheff Wed are a decent example of how a club avoiding admin don't receive any benefits.

I believe Sheffield Wednesdays debt is a lot more than Palace's ever were, its just that there creditor's aren't as hostile as Agilo, who put us into Administration. It's been said many times, but Palace's entry was different to most examples, as it wasn't the club that put themselves in Admin, but hostile creditors.
  • Options
    Budgie, it was mis-management that put you into administration.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]We now have a fantastic season to look forward to, following a season where the fans came together, where we had some amazing highs and awful lows, and this will only boast our wonderful club. The new management is engaging fans in how to build Palace's support, what to do with the ground and what can be done to make the club grow.There are no delusions ................................................................... Enjoy your season 'model club' supporters.

Apart from the near 400 'wonderful club' supporters who volunteered to help renovate Selhurst Park before the season starts. First week 12 turn up and this week week an impressive 5................................................... great engagement with the new owners ?
  • Options
    But T4 on the beach was on!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Palace now have one of the best Managers at CCC level IMHO.His achievements at Ipswich and Derby are impressive.He took Derby to the play offs with no budget.

I only ever hated Palace firstly because of Noades and our six years at Selhurst and the Orange man who was repulsive.Before that I would have linked them with someone like Fulham , Orient or QPR. I always saw Millwall as our biggest rival prior to this.

I agree with what Budgie says because lending money from Hedge funds is a bit like going to the local loan shark and complain when the Bailiffs call a week later.

I suspect on the playing side Palace are not out of the woods yet . Selhurst needs major investment or what is the 'embarasment clause' money they would have to pay should they move and rebuild elsewhere.

The best part of this whole scenario is that the Orange one has lost something like £20 million.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]I agree with what Budgie says because lending money from Hedge funds is a bit like going to the local loan shark and complain when the Bailiffs call a week later.

Surely that is the club's fault for getting involved with them? Make your bed, now lie in it etc.......

Tangoman knew what he was doing and thought he could call their bluff. There's a reason why, to my knowledge, no other football club (though correct me if I'm wrong) had got involved with them before......
  • Options
    Unconfirmed reports from BBC London that George has resigned
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Unconfirmed reports from BBC London that George has resigned

i hope not he was sure to relegate the stripey scummy bstds
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Unconfirmed reports from BBC London that George has resigned

i hope not he was sure to relegate the stripey scummy bstds

Damn and Pardew already has a job
  • Options
    Palace message boards seem to be discounting it - even though many of them would like to believe it.

Palace website (quote below) reports him as saying post-match that he's looking to bring in 4 or 5 new players during the window, so doesn't sound like a man who is about to walk out on them - although the line about the owners suggests that if he doesn't get his way on transfers, he could conceivably go...

"We are trying to get the balance of the squad right but today lost both Pablo Counago and Darren Ambrose with injuries. We will be looking to strengthen the squad in January as our options are limited at the moment. Some of our loan players could go back which would give us an option to get new ones in and we have pinpointed some that we want. The owners are aware what we need to do and I think we need to do our upmost to bring four or five players in when the window opens."
  • Options
    Burley is a legend, keep up the good work George!
  • Options
    There hasnt been much Palarse fan activity on here lately has there,it must be because they are having such a great season that they have forgotton about us,ho hum,we'll just have to get by without them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Palace message boards seem to be discounting it - even though many of them would like to believe it.

Palace website (quote below) reports him as saying post-match that he's looking to bring in 4 or 5 new players during the window, so doesn't sound like a man who is about to walk out on them - although the line about the owners suggests that if he doesn't get his way on transfers, he could conceivably go...

"We are trying to get the balance of the squad right but today lost both Pablo Counago and Darren Ambrose with injuries. We will be looking to strengthen the squad in January as our options are limited at the moment. Some of our loan players could go back which would give us an option to get new ones in and we have pinpointed some that we want. The owners are aware what we need to do and I think we need to do our upmost to bring four or five players in when the window opens."
    UTmost. Thick Scottish c***.
  • Options
    You really are an annoying prick. I'll guess it's Small Man Syndrome.