Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Burley new Palace manager(Ed. You're Fired !)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cardinal Sin[/cite]You really are an annoying prick. I'll guess it's Small Man Syndrome.
    That's exactly what it is. Exactly the same thing, indeed, that causes other people to track down a post from nine hours ago with the express intent of digging someone out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Redvalleyeast[/cite]There hasnt been much Palarse fan activity on here lately has there,it must be because they are having such a great season that they have forgotton about us,ho hum,we'll just have to get by without them.

Exactly what I have been thinking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Palace message boards seem to be discounting it - even though many of them would like to believe it.

Palace website (quote below) reports him as saying post-match that he's looking to bring in 4 or 5 new players during the window, so doesn't sound like a man who is about to walk out on them - although the line about the owners suggests that if he doesn't get his way on transfers, he could conceivably go...

"We are trying to get the balance of the squad right but today lost both Pablo Counago and Darren Ambrose with injuries. We will be looking to strengthen the squad in January as our options are limited at the moment. Some of our loan players could go back which would give us an option to get new ones in and we have pinpointed some that we want. The owners are aware what we need to do and I think we need to do our upmost to bring four or five players in when the window opens."
    UTmost. Thick Scottish c***.
    The journalist made the mistake not Burley.
  • Options
    CommentAuthorpilchard CommentTime1 hour ago # 63
    Posted By: Redvalleyeast
    There hasnt been much Palarse fan activity on here lately has there,it must be because they are having such a great season that they have forgotton about us,ho hum,we'll just have to get by without them.

Exactly what I have been thinking.

_____

Yes, it would seem that they're firmly back into their "You're not our rivals anyway. Our rivals are Brighton" phase.

Don't worry, should our promotion hopes stutter and they get out of the zone, I'm sure they'll change their minds (again)...
  • Options
    Budgie and Son of Selhurst....some snippets for you (you may know all of these already....)

It was Coleman's job....until he told the board he wanted Alan Smith as his No.2.
    Don't be surprised if Burley goes very shortly....and don't be surprised if he's replaced by an old favourite.
    Another old favourite has returned to the club as Chief Scout.

You're starting to get some proper Palace people back in charge and methinks this bodes well for you.
  • Options
    What smudger or the numpty who now plays for Newcastle.
  • Options
    Let Uncle Ron take over, again.
  • Options
    Gazza....neither of those. The Alan Smith who managed them before and also managed Wycombe. Not the most popular of chaps I understand.
  • Options
    sacked!
    shame he didn't stay to take em down!
  • Options
    Hopefully the damage is done already though ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chris Coleman I reckon
  • Options
    Doesn't Dowie want to move down sarf??
  • Options
    Someone else can have the honour of relegating the Nigels.
  • Options
    Damn, he was doing a really good job as well.
  • Options
    Am gutted about this. Gutted.
  • Options
    Don't reckon it'll be Coleman (see previous explanation). Try for someone with even more Palace pedigree.
  • Options
    Nice and local for Curbs to get back into management.
  • Options
    would go down in my estimations if he took that .
  • Options
    Sad that Pards is at Toon
  • Options
    Even Curbs can't polish a turd !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    can keep it floating though
  • Options
    Don't encourage the stripey twats Nolly.
  • Options
    It'll be their equivalent of Curbishley that comes back again for one last crack.
  • Options
    Simonsen, why not just say 'its Coppell'?
  • Options
    Just drawing a comparison between the two. Very similar figures in their club's history.
  • Options
    I really thought they would stick with him tbh he was doing so well. I think they are getting ideas above their station .

Should have folded last year the stripey dirty scum
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    Should have folded last year the stripey dirty scum

Class!
  • Options
    So wheres matt_himself gone? Looking back at his last post in this thread is pretty hillarious.
  • Options
    2010 was a really bad year for them. 2011 is already looking far, far worse!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]2010 was a really bad year for them. 2011 is already looking far, far worse!
    Fingers crossed!