Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Burley new Palace manager(Ed. You're Fired !)

124»

Comments

• Options
    Shame. Think Burley would have taken them down, now if that get the right man they have a chance of staying up. Apparently Chris Hughton was at their game today. If Coppell doesn't come out of retirement for another go (fifth?) at palace it looks like Hughton could be in line.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    Should have folded last year the stripey dirty scum

Class!

i do try to have that heir of class mate i really do i just think the whole place is a vile tip and london would be far better without them
  • Options
    completely agree.

vermin.
  • Options
    vermin that was too scared to travel to their alleged real london derby
  • Options
    Southgate ?
  • Options
    I think (and hope) that keeping Palace up this year is the impossible job. Surely Hughton can do better than them! Southgate would be perfect!

Palace to go down and Charlton and Brighton to get promotion! Now that would really fuck them off!
  • Options
    maybe burley's assistant can take the reigns and finish the job off
  • Options
    Hughton can do far better than them. Why would he destroy his CV on that lot? Even staying up wouldn't look that great in his CV considering he has "the world's greatest academyTM" at his disposal
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Hughton can do far better than them. Why would he destroy his CV on that lot? Even staying up wouldn't look that great in his CV considering he has "the world's greatest academyTM" at his disposal

Gone from 25/1 to 5/4.
  • Options
    A lot of manager markets do that though, they can't risk rumour
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many people do you reckon are betting on the next Palace manager, and how many of them are Palace fans?

A few £20 bets would bring the odds right in, regardless of whether there's any truth or not in it. That said, if he was there...
  • Options
    Chris Hughton's brother drives buses in Croydon, I was told the other week. LOCKED ON, etc.... but anyway, wish I'd put two and two together between Burley's sacking and Hughton's odds being slashed. Bloody New Year's Day sackings when I'm too hungover to think properly.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Chris Hughton's brother drives buses in Croydon, I was told the other week. LOCKED ON, etc.... but anyway, wish I'd put two and two together between Burley's sacking and Hughton's odds being slashed. Bloody New Year's Day sackings when I'm too hungover to think properly.[/quote]

He (Hughton's brother) played for Palace for a season or two in the early 80s.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]It'll be their equivalent of Curbishley that comes back again for one last crack.

I do hope so Simonsen, although there is talk that he may return as a director of football, with a younger manager.

Oh well at least yesterdays mauling at Millwall did some good, although even Steve Parish the Chairman said that it should have happened before, and that there decision to give the job to Burley was a mistake.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]It'll be their equivalent of Curbishley that comes back again for one last crack.

I do hope so Simonsen, although there is talk that he may return as a director of football, with a younger manager.

Oh well at least yesterdays mauling at Millwall did some good, although even Steve Parish the Chairman said that it should have happened before, and that there decision to give the job to Burley was a mistake.

Really? I thought he was supposed to be the new messiah?

I'm not laughing ............... much.
  • Options
    I might be alone here but I felt Burley is a good manager at CCC level , I suspect one of the reasons the Nigels appointed him was his record of bringing young players through at Ipswich , one of whom a certain Darren Ambrose they were desperate to retain . I do not believe they have given him a fair chance.

It looks like Hughton is circling which I find quite sad when you consider how Newcastle knifed him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]
    It looks like Hughton is circling which I find quite sad when you consider how Newcastle knifed him.

you are kidding me , wtf is hughton supposed to do , write a letter to burley and ask his permission if he is allowed to be interested in the job that he just got sacked from
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Chris Hughton's brother drives buses in Croydon, I was told the other week. LOCKED ON, etc....

This would say that Hughton was 'circling' before Burley was sacked
  • Options
    Do you think that Burley will get £0.01 in the £1 for his compensation like Palaces creditors did?
  • Options
    Quote no. 15.
    HA!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Budgie...Coppell is "back in circulation" and I can see him doing the Director of Football job. Just wonder whether it would be wiser to offer him the manager's job until the end of the season to try and keep you up and then perhaps move upstairs, leaving the job to a younger man? I'd have thought Chris Hughton could afford to wait for a club with better short term prospects to come calling but who knows. Maybe a Coppell/Hughton alliance? Whatever happens, you seem to be moving slowly towards tried and trusted backroom staff and I think it's probably the way to go for you at this time.
  • Options
    Having Coppell back in any capacity would do for me.

I'm not sure how I feel about Hughton, although he did a good job at Newcastle, I still see him as being number 2, although if he were to work with Coppell that would hopefully allow both to concentrate on what they do best.