Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky to Leicester?

Comments

• Options
    One word.... compensation. Anything over 250k and id let him go straight away.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]One word.... compensation. Anything over 250k and id let him go straight away.

Can you let me know how you get compensation greater than what someone has left on their contract ???
  • Options
    Oggy

what has parky done lets be really honest here

he over saw the worst run in our history

he failed to get one of the highest earning squads out of the 3rd division

there are plenty of people out there who could be given the job and plenty who would apply

if we stick with him then we will not achieve anything and most will say that he had no money he had to sell his best players lets stick with him.

No now is the time to get rid, see whos out there and for a change make the correct mangerial decision for charlton
  • Options
    oh goody, another Parky Out thread. I agree entirely with nla. Unfortunately I can't see Leicester coming in for him so he'll stay, more's the pity.
  • Options
    oh yeah and ntwich victoria knocked us out of the greatest domestic cup competion in the world
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]One word.... compensation. Anything over 250k and id let him go straight away.

Can you let me know how you get compensation greater than what someone has left on their contract ???

Doesn't that happen all the time in football?
    If not we were paying Darren Bent far more than I thought we were.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It amazes me how little people on here understand about football and finances.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]It amazes me how little people on here understand about football and finances.

go on then enlighten us
  • Options
    Powell for the Leicester job?
  • Options
    Kins as manager damien matthews assistant would be good I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Powell would not be under any pressure there would be few expectations. Thats a joke isn't it, a few bad results and the fans would be on his back there would be fans shaking there heads at what happened to a great legend, booing at half time, chants of "You don't know what you're doing." And that's just the positive fans!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]With the size of our squad at the moment, there's a lot of work to do just to finish mid table. I'd trust Parky to do that over a ln even cheaper manager or someone like Powell, Kinsella or Dailly.

[quote][cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]We need a fresh start, with an ambitious manager who is prepared to put faith in the younger players and who believes in playing football as it should be played, Ian Holloway last season, being a good example of where that can take you.[/quote]
    If we throw more than the odd youngster into the team as regulars and try to play open attacking football we'll be closer to a relegation battle than the top 6.

Big difference with Blackpool is there was no pressure on them at all for even making the play-offs. Teams play differently against the better clubs, we saw teams at The Valley sit back against us. Would clubs have been so cautious against Blackpool?

Parky can be cautious but it was generally working quite well at the end of the season. The players we had suited a cautious game.[/quote]

Agree entirely with this. The cautious game was played as much out of necessity as anything else. Apart from Jonjo, we didn't really have any attacking options that were in anyway under used, imo and Jonjo alone would not have transformed us into a lower league Barcelona.[/quote]

If this was the case, how were we suddenly able to start playing teams like Norwich and Leeds off the park once it became obvious that we may miss out if we didn't start playing some football? We had the players, we had the ability, but we had a manager who didn't have faith in his own ability and that of his players. Martin Simons made a very telling comment in his interview when he said that he couldn't work out how it was that we were passing other teams off the pitch for the first 5/6 games but then suddenly stopped doing it.
    Two words,
    Jonjo Shelvey. Parkinson refused to play him, but even despite this we were still almost good enough. A few extra goals created or scored by Shelvey imo would have been enough to take us up.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    What has Parky done? He rebuilt the squad last summer and created a team spirit and belief. Can't underestimate how important that is, Curbs did it but until Parky no other manager really did since.

We were in the top 6 all season while being the only club in the top 7 without a proper goalscorer up front. Easy to say he didn't do much, but it was far from simple job even with the players we had.

As for the point on the wage bill, around £1m of that would have been to pay Yassin, Sinclair, Dickson, McLeod and Fleetwood. They all went on loan at some point but the loan clubs probably wouldn't have paid their full wages.
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]If this was the case, how were we suddenly able to start playing teams like Norwich and Leeds off the park once it became obvious that we may miss out if we didn't start playing some football?
    Norwich took the lead and sat back, that's all they had to do. If they attacked us I doubt we'd have controlled that game as much as we did. Leeds game either team could have won it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]We need a fresh start, with an ambitious manager who is prepared to put faith in the younger players and who believes in playing football as it should be played, Ian Holloway last season, being a good example of where that can take you.[/quote]
    If we throw more than the odd youngster into the team as regulars and try to play open attacking football we'll be closer to a relegation battle than the top 6.

I'm not advocating throwing in a load of youngsters for the whole season. I'm saying that players like Shelvey and Wagstaff should have seen far more action last season. And the stats for their achievements during their very limited time on the pitch would prove that they were two of the most effective players in the squad. Parky didn't get the best out of them, and we as a club suffered.
  • Options
    Fair enough I agree Shelvey could have been used more often. Don't agree about Wagstaff though, he's still never really had a good game when he's started. Far more effective off the bench, which is how Parky regularly uses him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]What has Parky done? He rebuilt the squad last summer and created a team spirit and belief. Can't underestimate how important that is, Curbs did it but until Parky no other manager really did since.

We were in the top 6 all season while being the only club in the top 7 without a proper goalscorer up front. Easy to say he didn't do much, but it was far from simple job even with the players we had.

As for the point on the wage bill, around £1m of that would have been to pay Yassin, Sinclair, Dickson, McLeod and Fleetwood. They all went on loan at some point but the loan clubs probably wouldn't have paid their full wages.
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]If this was the case, how were we suddenly able to start playing teams like Norwich and Leeds off the park once it became obvious that we may miss out if we didn't start playing some football?
    Norwich took the lead and sat back, that's all they had to do. If they attacked us I doubt we'd have controlled that game as much as we did. Leeds game either team could have won it.

really not what i heard, also heard that his training programmes were out dated and boring
  • Options
    A team spirit and belief? ....ah, you mean the one we saw at Millwall.
  • Options
    and why did we have no goalscorer scoham?
  • Options
    Well considering we were a win away from automatic promotion and a penalty shootout away from the play-off final there must have been at least more team spirit and belief than we've had for a few years.
  • Options
    Parky witch hunt thread, number 100.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Well considering we were a win away from automatic promotion and a penalty shootout away from the play-off final there must have been at least more team spirit and belief than we've had for a few years.

or we had a 2 tier squad capable of scraping points against 3 tier opposition.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]and why did we have no goalscorer scoham?
    Parky couldn't find one, but if you look at who the top scorers were, most cost a fee or were already playing for our rivals. Austin maybe the exception but he was at a level so low there are hundreds of other strikers.
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Well considering we were a win away from automatic promotion and a penalty shootout away from the play-off final there must have been at least more team spirit and belief than we've had for a few years.

Disagree completely, never a Championship squad. How many will be playing at least at that level next season?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]and why did we have no goalscorer scoham?

Becasue we are potless!!!!

Unbeleivable you lot....

He did a terrific job to turn a nervous and scared team who were scared of their own shadow to very very close to getting us promotion....

We need to support him now....

this season is highly likely to be rough, and gettting turned over by some proper rubbish teams at the valley is very likely ....

and what are the fans going to do they will BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

when we need to support our players and our team....

We can all moan and whine, but now is the time to get ready for some very significant challenges ahead....

And blaming and pointing the finger isnt the way forward.....
  • Options
    You mean a nervous and scared team that he was assistant manager too?!!!!.....The guy had a very decent squad at his disposal and the opportunity to attract decent loan players. We didnt get promoted and got spanked by our rivals. I wouldnt call that terrific.
  • Options
    Well said, mascot.

Maybe this forum need renaming to " Salem Life ".
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]and why did we have no goalscorer scoham?[/quote]

We didn't even have a fit non goalscorer for half the season with Burton and his dodgy hernia, preferred to Dickson, Tuna, Fleetwood and Mcleod who were all sent out on loan. But the point is that it is a managers job to discover players within his squad who compliment each others game and can forge a partnership. Throughout the season Parky was unable to find two strikers who played well together. Once Burton was crocked, we were crocked.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

Disagree completely, never a Championship squad. How many will be playing at least at that level next season?

Im not talking about next season. How many players would have been classed as better than League 1 Standard at the start of last year. Bailey, Sam, Semedo, Richardson, S Sodje.
    How many would you class Millwall or Swindon as having?....they had team spirit and belief. not us.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Well said, mascot.

Maybe this forum need renaming to " Salem Life ".

Why do people get so wound up by a bit of criticism?!?...if certain fans dont feel happy about the manager and they have their reasons, why cant we come on here and talk about it. Its not always sunny.
  • Options
    On the goalscorer point, how many did Curbs sign in his time here? Mendonca, Hunt and Bent in a period of nearly 10 years. Just three strikers that looked like they'd get around 20 goals or more. JJ for one season and Euell getting around 10 for 3 seasons were the closest after that.

Finding goalscorers is hard at any level. Making a decent side without one is also not easy to do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Im not talking about next season. How many players would have been classed as better than League 1 Standard at the start of last year. Bailey, Sam, Semedo, Richardson, S Sodje.
    How many would you class Millwall or Swindon as having?....they had team spirit and belief. not us.
    That's a myth made up on here to make people feel better about Millwall doing well. Swindon have some good players as well.

They both had at least two better strikers than we did. We are not miles ahead of them ability wise.

Most don't rate Sam so how is he a Championship player? Sodje doesn't convince me at that level either. So that's what, about 3 players or so that are truely Championship standard.

I'm not getting wound up I just don't think some of the critisism is justified. Parky wasn't brilliant and made mistakes, but he was decent. Northwich or Millwall critisism I can accept is completely fair, not finding a goalscorer on a free transfer or available on loan is not fair however.