Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky to Leicester?

Comments

• Options
    anyway lets hope we stay up.
  • Options
    If he needs a lift anywhere, I'd be over the moon to take him.

Worst manager in our clubs history, the guy is a clueless, would be over the moon if this rumour was true.

Mascot, have you even seen a charlton team playing under Parky? From the way you support him, I'm guessing not.
  • Options
    we are finding parky and most of the players natural level ... the better ones are leaving to play at a higher level and the dross (most of them) that is left behind will mean we have to get excited about an away point at dagenham ....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]That's a myth made up on here to make people feel better about Millwall doing well. Swindon have some good players as well.[/quote]

Swindon were not a good team. They had two good strikers who worked well together, that was the difference. They even looked rubbish at the Valley against 9 men. We were dreadful in the first leg of the play off and should have murdered them in the second leg.
    We had a far better squad and should have finished higher than them. The fact that we didn't was down to them trying to play decent football under their very good manager, in contrast to us not playing very good football under our not so good manager.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I'm not getting wound up I just don't think some of the critisism is justified. Parky wasn't brilliant and made mistakes, but he was decent. Northwich or Millwall critisism I can accept is completely fair, not finding a goalscorer on a free transfer or available on loan is not fair however.

What about wasting money on crocked players?

Or players that he then never even picked?

or practically forcing our best keeper out the door?

Taking us on the worst run in our clubs histroy? (as assistant and manager)

What about not winning a single game whilst caretaker manager?

Failing to get us out of the lowest league we've ever been in despite having one of the best squads in the league?

These may be things you can forgive, I cannot, the guys a joke, I'd rather have a kitchen mop in charge of the team than Pardkinson
  • Options
    Its funny that Large's expectation of success is mid table next season.

Lets dig this thread up in November when we are mid table and Large is slagging off Parky on a daily basis.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]You mean a nervous and scared team that he was assistant manager too?!!!!.....The guy had a very decent squad at his disposal and the opportunity to attract decent loan players. We didnt get promoted and got spanked by our rivals. I wouldnt call that terrific.

Yeah Pardew comes over as a guy who doesnt really take the lead and leaves it all up to his no.2...

He turned the team around, go the best league start in our history(which was fantastic relief after years of rubbish) got the team spirit right, we had a blip and then finished strongly, great wins, Leeds in particular.. on no money and loads of loans.. you know all this!

WHo could we bring in, all our players are next to useless, we need support now, now is the time for support... NOW!

But look lets just keep battering him, Im happy with that...lets see if we can get back to a toxic valley that boos their own team when we concede a corner, or boo their own players before they have kicked a ball..

We have Very tough times ahead and the only way we are gonna get through it is to unite.......

The majority of supporting charlton for me has been seeing us score and KNOWING we will let one in, or scoring and KNOWING we wont get an equaliser...

Success was a massive BONUS...

I know football has changed but I still think it is awful that we cant see that the club is in big trouble, we are selling EVERYONE worth any money what so ever, we have a manager who has a very diffficult job ahead and were already on his back.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]That's a myth made up on here to make people feel better about Millwall doing well. Swindon have some good players as well.

Swindon were not a good team. They had two good strikers who worked well together, that was the difference. They even looked rubbish at the Valley against 9 men. We were dreadful in the first leg of the play off and should have murdered them in the second leg.
    We had a far better squad and should have finished higher than them. The fact that we didn't was down to them trying to play decent football under their very good manager, in contrast to us not playing very good football under our not so good manager.
    True about the strikers, but they also had McGovern (most assists in the league). Jonathan Douglas isn't a poor player either, and Alan O'Brien was always dangerous with his pace.

We did actually finish higher than them.
  • Options
    We only think we have better squads than others because there is an (understable) lack of knowledge of the ability of players from other teams because we have simply never heard of them, or seen them play regularly.

You can judge your team and players better at Prem level because you have a fair degree of knowledge of every team playing in it and virtually every player.

I think we still have that mentality a little.

The truth of the matter is over the course of a full season, we only really dominated half a dozen games. We weren't noticeably better than the majority of other teams in the division, so just because some of our players are more familiar names to us, that doesn't automatically ensure we have better squads.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Its funny that Large's expectation of success is mid table next season.

Lets dig this thread up in November when we are mid table and Large is slagging off Parky on a daily basis.

shouldn't that read hourly basis ? Sorry if I don't think he's wonderful. Some people seem happy to accept mediocrity. Parky has certainly delivered on that.
  • Options
    Good post AFKA. Even works the other way, opposition fans often say Sam is one of our best players, but will rarely notice Semedo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Its funny that Large's expectation of success is mid table next season.

Better still, why not dig up the thread from last season after we'd won six on the trot and find out who was slagging Parky off then...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nolly[/cite]and why did we have no goalscorer scoham?

Becasue we are potless!!!!

Unbeleivable you lot....

He did a terrific job to turn a nervous and scared team who were scared of their own shadow to very very close to getting us promotion....

We need to support him now....

this season is highly likely to be rough, and gettting turned over by some proper rubbish teams at the valley is very likely ....

and what are the fans going to do they will BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

when we need to support our players and our team....

We can all moan and whine, but now is the time to get ready for some very significant challenges ahead....

And blaming and pointing the finger isnt the way forward.....

what a load of baloney.

he did not do a terrific job at all

he over saw the worst run in our history

he over saw us being humiliated by a non league club

he failed in his remit to get us promoted

he failed to utilise the best player in the team remember it wasa christian daily that said jonjo was by far the best footballer in the team

he made a huge ricket with ikeme that means we will lose our best keeper this season

he signed mckenzie and never played him

the list could go on and on

with him in charge we will not have any chance of a playoff place this season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Look Mascot, if you don't wana be counting the fingers than you haven't got, i suggest you agree.

lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Look Mascot, if you don't wana be counting the fingers than you haven't got, i suggest you agree.

lol

Lol..........

thats good...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]

Better still, why not dig up the thread from last season after we'd won six on the trot and find out who was slagging Parky off then...

if you do I think you'll find that a lot of us were saying not to get carried away as we'd only played teams in the bottom half (Hartlepool, Wycombe, Orient spring to mind) and had yet to encounter a decent team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]and why did we have no goalscorer scoham?

Becasue we are potless!!!!

Unbeleivable you lot....

He did a terrific job to turn a nervous and scared team who were scared of their own shadow to very very close to getting us promotion....

We need to support him now....

this season is highly likely to be rough, and gettting turned over by some proper rubbish teams at the valley is very likely ....

and what are the fans going to do they will BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

when we need to support our players and our team....

We can all moan and whine, but now is the time to get ready for some very significant challenges ahead....

And blaming and pointing the finger isnt the way forward.....

what a load of baloney.

he did not do a terrific job at all

he over saw the worst run in our history

he over saw us being humiliated by a non league club

he failed in his remit to get us promoted

he failed to utilise the best player in the team remember it wasa christian daily that said jonjo was by far the best footballer in the team

he made a huge ricket with ikeme that means we will lose our best keeper this season

he signed mckenzie and never played him

the list could go on and on

with him in charge we will not have any chance of a playoff place this season

Good job were on the same page then.. lol.......

why dont you boo him, let him know how you feel...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Its funny that Large's expectation of success is mid table next season.

when we were 2nd in the league and it was rumoured reading wanted him i said then let him go

lets also remember that this midfield

Bailey,Semedo,Shelvey,Sam could well all be featuring at championship level next season,

Llera and Basey are rumoured to have intrest from that level

Our Goialie could be heading to the scottish prem

the basis of a real good 3rd division team yet he failed to get the best out of them or utilise them

he should have got us a striker instead he got us mckenzie and forster and mooney (a player that has caused more split comments from fans than anyone i have ever known) and Akpo Sodje.

so he looked he tried and he failed with all 4 of these players
  • Options

lol

Lol..........

thats good...

lol my post was personally removed btw not because it was abusive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    because i dont do booing mascot i go to as many games as i can i scream shout and holler in support but i am fed up of this blind faith shown in parkinson with no basis or facts to support it.

show me this terrific job that he did convince me because he certainly dont
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

lol

Lol..........

thats good...

lol my post was personally removed btw not because it was abusive.

I thought it was funny mate... like it...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Success was a massive BONUS...
    [/quote]

Mate, we didn't have any success. We're now in a far worse position than we were at the start of last season.
    We can all see how much trouble the club is in and that's why we are all searching for solutions.
    Perhaps we find ourselves where we are now because we have not been vocal enough in our objections to some of the things that have happened in recent years. BTW I'm not referring to booing the players, that's a no no for me as well.
    But the board have made a succession of errors that have cost the club and themselves dearly.
    IMO Parky has had two seasons with a decent squad. He has failed to utilise the full abilities of the squad and has failed to deliver the objective twice, and next year will be even harder. The style of football generally has not been good and his tactics and team selection has been poor. I want us to turn things around as much as anyone, but under Parky we are heading further south.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]because i dont do booing mascot i go to as many games as i can i scream shout and holler in support but i am fed up of this blind faith shown in parkinson with no basis or facts to support it.

show me this terrific job that he did convince me because he certainly dont

well I thought he did a good job...

Like I said good job were on the same page..... waste of an argument, its been debated to death, who would we bring in etc...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]why dont you boo him, let him know how you feel...

Why do you assume anyone who has something negative to say must boo at games, it's crazy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Success was a massive BONUS...

Mate, we didn't have any success. We're now in a far worse position than we were at the start of last season.
    We can all see how much trouble the club is in and that's why we are all searching for solutions.
    Perhaps we find ourselves where we are now because we have not been vocal enough in our objections to some of the things that have happened in recent years. BTW I'm not referring to booing the players, that's a no no for me as well.
    But the board have made a succession of errors that have cost the club and themselves dearly.
    IMO Parky has had two seasons with a decent squad. He has failed to utilise the full abilities of the squad and has failed to deliver the objective twice, and next year will be even harder. The style of football generally has not been good and his tactics and team selection has been poor. I want us to turn things around as much as anyone, but under Parky we are heading further south.

Mate, I was talking about the Lennie yrs and the Prem yrs...

The mistakes they have made are obviously very diifuclt to avoid, as Leeds, Sheff Weds, Man city, Norwich, Southampton, Liecester ... ahve all made the IDENTICAL mistakes...
  • Options
    nth london addick Jun 10 after missing out on the Play off final to a spot kick:

[cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]a loser of the highest order complete failure
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]he over saw the worst run in our history

nth london addick summer 09 after relegation, and 'the worst run in our history':
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]met parky outside and spoke a few words to him wished him all the best for the season and thanked him for the way he has handled himself and the footbal side of things during the closed season, the guy is so much more aproacable than pardont and curbs.

i like the fella have not changed my mind about that

Sep 09:
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]To be fair to Parky he has done more good than bad so his player judgement is not in question

Oh i love stiching up my mates !! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Success was a massive BONUS...

100% correct well thought out and reasoned

there needs to be a rebirth of our club and that needs to start now
  • Options
    Lets say this first, Phil Parkinson is a lovely sweet bloke and deserves to be recognised for whatever he has achieved.
    Parkinson has had no money, he has brought us a never ending series of loan players, he has got us relegated on his watch, he supervised the Northwich Victoria defeat (and Millwall away) he has failed to get up promoted. Parkinson did get us in the playoffs, and his finest hour was Swindon at home when we had nine men.
    However if Leicester City want him, they are in a higher division he MUST GO. If we got even as much as £50,000 for the inconvenience, brilliant. We could then fence off a bit of grass at Sparrows Lane and get a goat in to manage. Food would be growing all around, and the goat could poo on numbered squares to pick the team. Obviously there would be problems if the goat was constipated at any time, so the team could then be picked by Charlton lifers based on AFKA's stats. Wages would be OK, I can't see a goats agent demanding much more than £10,000 per year all in. Otherwise we should offer the job to Chris Powell with Steve Brown to assist, they would be starting at no worse a level than Gritt and Curbs.
  • Options
    but smudge as i said at the time Parky seems a nice guy but i didnt rate him as a manager i thought he handled the take over talk and kept the focus on football which was his job really well

the player question was before akpoo,mckenzie,mooney,forster,ikeme,and omozu or whatever the full backs name was

quote me from the parky to reading thread and the date on that one see what i said then and we were top or 2nd

revenge will be sweet