Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky to Leicester?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Lets say this first, Phil Parkinson is a lovely sweet bloke and deserves to be recognised for whatever he has achieved.
    Parkinson has had no money, he has brought us a never ending series of loan players, he has got us relegated on his watch, he supervised the Northwich Victoria defeat (and Millwall away) he has failed to get up promoted. Parkinson did get us in the playoffs, and his finest hour was Swindon at home when we had nine men.
    However if Leicester City want him, they are in a higher division he MUST GO. If we got even as much as £50,000 for the inconvenience, brilliant. We could then fence off a bit of grass at Sparrows Lane and get a goat in to manage. Food would be growing all around, and the goat could poo on numbered squares to pick the team. Obviously there would be problems if the goat was constipated at any time, so the team could then be picked by Charlton lifers based on AFKA's stats. Wages would be OK, I can't see a goats agent demanding much more than £10,000 per year all in. Otherwise we should offer the job to Chris Powell with Steve Brown to assist, they would be starting at no worse a level than Gritt and Curbs.

not as well thought out or reasoned as QA's but spot on especially the powell brown combo
  • Options
    like the goat idea but Powell and Brown would do a better job. You are right though. Why couldn't they succeed, a modern day Curbs and Gritt.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Mate, I was talking about the Lennie yrs and the Prem yrs...[/quote]

Sorry, I misread your post
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Lets say this first, Phil Parkinson is a lovely sweet bloke and deserves to be recognised for whatever he has achieved.
    Parkinson has had no money, he has brought us a never ending series of loan players, he has got us relegated on his watch, he supervised the Northwich Victoria defeat (and Millwall away) he has failed to get up promoted. Parkinson did get us in the playoffs, and his finest hour was Swindon at home when we had nine men.
    However if Leicester City want him, they are in a higher division he MUST GO. If we got even as much as £50,000 for the inconvenience, brilliant. We could then fence off a bit of grass at Sparrows Lane and get a goat in to manage. Food would be growing all around, and the goat could poo on numbered squares to pick the team. Obviously there would be problems if the goat was constipated at any time, so the team could then be picked by Charlton lifers based on AFKA's stats. Wages would be OK, I can't see a goats agent demanding much more than £10,000 per year all in. Otherwise we should offer the job to Chris Powell with Steve Brown to assist, they would be starting at no worse a level than Gritt and Curbs.[/quote]

Brilliantly thought out and reasoned. With the added advantage that we could do away with all the bottled water for the players and give them goats milk instead!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Mate, I was talking about the Lennie yrs and the Prem yrs...

Sorry, I misread your post

No wuckers matey..

Brown and Powell ... ooooooooh I like that......

I like that a lot...
  • Options
    someone posted earlier something about an outsider seeing parky's acheivement last season as succesful. these comments are from leicester supporting outsiders.
  • Options
    Have to agree with Large Addick on this subject ,pull the wool from over your eyes and see the light of day.If someone came in for Parky take the money and run.We have enough cover for management already within Charlton.
  • Options
    Its not incredible at all if you read my quote, i said he could go with my wishes and that it is nothing against him

But it ends there lets not forget we are in the 3rd division and he was at the helm for long enough to stop us ending up here,

I think the slide was too much for him to stop but does that fill me with confidence that he will cope in the chumpinship should we return.

i think before you all think parky's reign is superb dont forget those facts from last season and look at it again.

I dont have any feelings for Parky i dont dislike him nor do i like him , and i dont know why that is but i dont, i feel totally un interested in this season and unless we go straight up he will have failed this season as well as last.

dont believe he is the answer i never have

my comments dec 2009 after a win away to brighton maintained us in 2nd place
  • Options
    I rate Parky's tenure as slightly below standard. If he leaves, I wish him well and hope we get a few quid for him.
    The problem is not Parky : it's the Board, and obviously Richard Murray.
    We owe RM our good days. He was lucky he had Curbs at the helm though, but managed the financial aspects efficiently and also digged
    deep to keep us afloat this season.
    It turned sour with the Diawara case. Awkward communication. Look where Diawara is now. Then Curbs succession. The short-lists, the
    never-ending interviews, the wrong choices, the unreasonable contracts. Surprisingly amateurish behaviour from a confirmed successful
    businessman. At times, even reminded me of that Goldberg fellow at Palarse.
    Don't expect him to pick the right coach now. But with funds being as short as they are, let's hope he has no other choice but to revert to one
    (or two) of the ones you have suggested in this thread - if they have the required credentials
  • Options
    Looks like Sousa's taking over there now anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So the next rumour will be Parky for Swansea then
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Looks like Sousa's taking over there now anyway.
    Parky to Swansea?

Edit: beaten to it, haha
  • Options
    Or Goldberg for Charlton.
  • Options
    Have Welling got a vacancy?
  • Options
    Even if Parky goes which he isn't. Why would a skint board appoint two managers in Powell and Brown when they barely have enough to pay one.Added to that. Wasn't in Murray that sacked Gritt and put Curbs in sole charge saying joint management concept was flawed ?
  • Options
    Has Parky gone yet?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Has Parky gone yet?[/quote]

No, all the players have, but thank God we still have Parky.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Has Parky gone yet?[/quote]

No, all the players have, but thank God we still have Parky.[/quote]

Parky is doing a course on turniong off lights, as he'll be the last one to leave the building
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Has Parky gone yet?

He'd better polish his boots then... Will probably play himself out of position though!
  • Options
    more on him going in teh South London so im told
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Has Parky gone yet?

Made me laugh!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=23746&headline=Charlton:

No approach from Leicester.

Powell will control things until they get a manager.
  • Options
    Well all I can say is "Good luck Chrissy"! I understand there's a revolving door to the manager's office there.
  • Options
    god i hope he bloody goes
  • Options
    God I hope he stays.....
  • Options
    just checking to see if you were here mascot ;0)
  • Options
    no worries mucker...... just supporting my manager......

He needs it...

who would you bring it etc...... yawn, yawn, yawn......;)
  • Options
    I was in the mood to phone me old mate fabio but now it seems he would rather team up again with a team full of shits rather than the basis of a shit team ;-)
  • Options
    For some reason I wouldn't be too heartbroken if Parky goes....especially if Sir Chris comes in part-exchange!

There also might then be a chance of Jonjo coming back for a season's loan....we could bloody well do with him next season....as well as any Charlton Lifers that have their own boots, can walk up to the top of Charlton Church Lane within ten minutes without wheezing and can hit a cow's behind with a ukelele....
  • Options
    Sousa has left Swansea and is in talks with Leicester.

Seems Parky will be with us a while longer.