Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gritts Gone Now

13»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: strawdog[/cite]Gutted , have to agree with falconwood 1 there won't be a club soon.
    The running of this club makes the Gliksten era look competent I have supported this club since the late 60's and this is the most depressing time i have ever known as a fan, even in the dark days of ground sharing you could see light at the end of the tunnel with each passing day it seems that there is only one possible outcome.
    How could it go so wrong so quickly.[/quote]

I think it has been worse, but the problem is we all know more about what is going on and what is not going on in this internet age. be3fore the internet half the things we hear about would have no coverage or at best a small paragraph in a national somewhere even the local rags such as the mercury would not have been able to give as much coverage as we get from a million and one sources now.

Gritty has always struck me as a thoroughly decent Charlton guy and hopefully he will get something quickly, has Hessenthaler been replaced at Dover, has Robson been replaced at Gillingham
  • Options
    The bloke is a true legend of this club. To turn up at the first clean up proved what a bloke he is. All the best for the future Gritty.
  • Options
    Best wishes to Steve.
    This really is depressing
  • Options
    First came here from Bournemouth in 1977 (remember his mop of frizzy curly hair?). There was a little spell when he played up front, and he could poach goals - remember seeing him scoring twice at Newcastle, still lost 5-3.

Don't know what to say - except many thanks for everything you've done, both as a dedicated player, joint manager and running the academy.

Good luck, Steve!
  • Options
    Good luck Steve. Love all that the guy stood for, he can feel very proud of his contributions at the club.