Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Effigies of Jade being burnt in India

WSSWSS
edited January 2007 in Other Football and Sports
now i don't know whether what is going on in BB is racist or not but this is ridiculous

Comments

• Options
    I agree. Last night I was quite pleased that Goodie had got herself in a mess cos I cant stand her. But I do find the demonstrations to be a joke.
  • Options
    no, no, no! please kept CL a BB free zone. Even by commenting on her behaviour you are doing just want goody and he advisers want. Deny her and BB the oxygen of publicity.
  • Options
    who do you think will win Henry??

Its so mcuh about Big Brother to be honest, more of the way the general public are perceiving racist behaviour.

personally i see it much more as a form of bullying than racism. the fact that Shilpa is Indian seems to make it a racist attack.

i understand the history related may make people think the things going on are racist but is that really the case?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]But I do find the demonstrations to be a joke.[/quote]

agreed. what i have seen have shown naiviety, mild bullying, intolerance, and a severe lack of intelligence of the three girls in question, but racism i'm not sure of. Would there of been such an outpouring if the target was H for being camp, or Dirk for being American ?

Debated in the Commons and 15,000 complaining to Ofcom......unbelievable.

The producers can show and tilt anything they want, the ones working on this are owed a massive bonus from Channel 4 because they've helped turn a series that was going nowhere and losing hundreds of thousands of views by the day, into the most talked about programme on the telly.

Ps. Have seen very little outpouring of complaints about what is acceptable to be shown, relating to the Mosque hatred programme on Monday.

PPS. I think Shilpa has handled herself particularly well dealing what is effectively school bullying.

PPPS. I think she is pretty hot as well...
  • Options
    350 people complained, 19,650 jumped on the bandwagon! Has that bird complained herself? If not, why do people get invloved.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Henry and AFKA are right about the publicity. I have managed to go all these years without paying one bit of attention to it, but now I am reading about it in the papers and commenting on here. Heavens forbid if I actually watch it................

Who does watch it? And enjoy it?
  • Options
    i must admit i watched it last night after all of that publicity and all i saw was someone trying to flush chicken broth down a toilet and blocking it up
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I dont' see how these imbeciles can complain on an hour 'hightlighted' show which accounts for a whole 24 hours. of course its going to be edited to show certain things?

one of the 'discussions' I actually saw live one night, when shilpa, jade, and cleo were up having a discussion. the highlights the next day showed jade getting irate, when in context the conversation wasn't like that, and it actually ended up with them having a big hug at the end.

the only thing that jade, danielle and jo are guilty of is ignorance by asking silly questions, but really, they dont like her, everyone is entitled to their own opinion of who they do and don't like and in the same why you guys don't like jade, and i think she's fab, is another example of this.

i do think they are joining their ignorant heads together and being offensive to try to get a laugh, but i really don't think its intentional, and by no means racist.

the media are absolute idiots, and if anything c4 bosses will be rubbing their hands with glee when they're viewing figures are up this week on last week, and they edit the next batch of shows to show someone else being contraversial.

i mean, last night the 'big bullying' bit was emphasised because shilpa poured a chicken and stock down the toilet, and the bones were stuck in there so they couldn't use it. now, if anyone did that in my house i'd go mental, are they thick? thats what a sink is floor and a strainer, but of course......they only accused her of being stupid because she's indian right?
  • Options
    i cant believe someone has started this on here! (wss)

This is exactly why they have done this, i dont or havn't even watched it, and i only no any of this cos i read Charlton Life. Sounds like a load of balls to me, trying to save a flagging show. I will maintain what i always say re shows like this, anyone watching and voting are lining scumbags pockets with money.

Rant over, i shant look at this thread again so anyone who wants to disagree with me they should send me a whisper.

I thank yooou
  • Options
    I will put you down as a yes and a yes then suzi :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    too right.
    having said that. i have never paid anything towards big brother since it started. ie. never voted.

if you boys had tuned in last night, you'd have seen danielle lloyd doing an assault course in her bra, i dare say some of you would have enjoyed it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]too right.
    having said that. i have never paid anything towards big brother since it started. ie. never voted.

if you boys had tuned in last night, you'd have seen danielle lloyd doing an assault course in her bra, i dare say some of you would have enjoyed it.

Yes I saw that , absolute disgusting filth . I tried to ring up and complain but I could nt get through
  • Options
    I listened to an interview on 5 Live (Peter Allen) with an Asian chap, didn't get his name, who was a former executive at Channel 4 last night. This chap was extremely relaxed about the whole thing and said that it is all about money (£350,000 apparently) and that he did not consider the abuse to be racist or even bullying. He added that what the woman is putting up with in the house is a picnic compared to Bollywood where she normally works.

I 've not seen the programme other than about 15 minutes when Ken Russell was in it so cannot really comment myself.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

indeedy. though i did chuckle about her complaining about it when she has been near naked in the papers for the past few weeks.

I'd love to see Riscardo on there. Reckon he would be voted off in the first week !
  • Options
    Its a load of birds being bitchy to another bird that is all

If there's anything racist in the show its Jermaine Jackson calling them ' white trash '
  • Options
    yeah, as she was looking all moody in the bathroom covered in slime in her underwear with her dressing gown undone. jo turned to her and said "if you're worried about that, then cover yourself up now love"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I dont' see how these imbeciles can complain on an hour 'hightlighted' show which accounts for a whole 24 hours. of course its going to be edited to show certain things?

i mean, last night the 'big bullying' bit was emphasised because shilpa poured a chicken and stock down the toilet, and the bones were stuck in there so they couldn't use it. now, if anyone did that in my house i'd go mental, are they thick? thats what a sink is floor and a strainer, but of course......they only accused her of being stupid because she's indian right?

They moaned about her chucking it down the loo but none of them tried to stop her or offer advice beforehand. They moaned that the chicken was not cooked the night before but none of them got off their arses and offered to cook or do anything. They are ignorant. They are lazy. They have no class. They feel threatened by Shilpa because she is everything they are not. Attractive, classy, stylish and above all she's got a brain. As for seeing Danielle doing that assault course in her bra. Pleeeaaassseeeeeee. She's just a tart.
  • Options
    'As for seeing Danielle doing that assault course in her bra. Pleeeaaassseeeeeee. She's just a tart.'

But quite a few of us have a lot of time for tarts :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

shilpa poured a chicken and stock down the toilet, and the bones were stuck in there so they couldn't use it.

They moaned about her chucking it down the loo but none of them tried to stop her or offer advice beforehand. They moaned that the chicken was not cooked the night before but none of them got off their arses and offered to cook or do anything. They are ignorant. They are lazy. They have no class. They feel threatened by Shilpa because she is everything they are not. Attractive, classy, stylish and above all she's got a brain. As for seeing Danielle doing that assault course in her bra. Pleeeaaassseeeeeee. She's just a tart.

not wishing to get into a debate about who is in the right or wrong out of d list celebs in the bbhouse. granted, they are lazy and ignorant, but she did think you could roast a whole chicken in 50 minutes herself. they did offer how long to cook it for, but yes, they didn't bother getting up and helping!
    also, she is attractive, but i do also feel that its edited to make her look so? in the live conversation she was having with jade, they were both being as opinionated, idiotic and emotional as each other.
  • Options
    I also dislike tarts but was just wondering whether the event is on Youtube (smilie with tongue hanging out)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That's disgusting. Just so I can be sure how disgusting it is before I complain, does anyone have a link...
  • Options
    Watched 3 days , got bored with it...Yawn.

From what i read it's hardly racist.
  • Options
    What I find particualrly galling is MP'S are bringing it up in House of Commons FFS.

In the week when Dispatches on Channle 4 highlighted the problem of extremist IMAM's in UK Mosque spouting Anti UK shit talking of hitting women etc etc these overpaid, by us tax payers, are commenting on a poxy TV programme.

I don't watch it so can't comment on the goings on but I don't care
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]

That's disgusting. Just so I can be sure how disgusting it is before I complain, does anyone have a link...
    boooobs
  • Options
    Saw front cover of Nuts and zoo last week, suggesting she was flashing them !

She " done playboy and was surprised they showed her boobs "

Doh !!
  • Options
    can't take anyone seriously who thought Winston Churchill was the first black American president !!
  • Options
    Thanks for the link Suzi, I can honestly say that is the only bit of Big Brother I have seen thus far, if that is the standard of it this year, it appears to get trashier by the year. Far much better stuff to watch on TV at the moment, will continue to give BB a big miss.
  • Options
    ive not seen any of the programmes as lost use of the remote control but was this the row suzie? not sure how you can like her? she's horrible.

losing it over a stock cube?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ive not seen any of the programmes as lost use of the remote control but was this the row suzie? not sure how you can like her? she's horrible.

losing it over a stock cube?!

my other half likes her as well, she says she is "real".

i have to walk away otherwise i'd end up having a row
  • Options
    she is real? yeh right, god help us if thats who girls of her age base themselves on. she is awful. she was awful on her first big brother but she made good, and good on her i suppose but hopefuly after showing herself for what she is, her career will whistle down the crapper along with the chicken and thats the last we see of her.

Unfortunately Heat magazine and all that other shit magazines will keep on featuring her and all the other divs will keep on buying just so they can read about her... 25th most influential person? god help us.