Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Beckham - change

Never a fan in his early days
But watching him tonight on Ross, what a man he has become
Supporting the troops in a genuine non PR way
Supporting Capello when all around him are not.
Proud of his family, parents etc.
What a great ambassador for the country, the forces, for football, for change.
An exceptional Englishman indeed.

Comments

• Options
    here here.

Came across as a perfect gentleman and a true English treasure. I have a Beckham bro'mance.
  • Options
    So glad you agree Gary - there are many things we dont agree on - its nice to have unity!
  • Options
    He's a wanker...
  • Options
    All round top guy
  • Options
    Why RedZed?
  • Options
    Spot on, a great man.
  • Options
    I thought he was bit up himself and too sentimental, just like a typical yank! Far to cocksure in the way he presented himself and lapping it up. I suppose he will want to to be saving the planet or something similar next. Would respect him if invested some of his cash into our club though.
  • Options
    A bit like wine, he's got better(as a person) with age.
  • Options
    Jealousy is a terrible thing isn't it... never understood this, very British!
  • Options
    Comes across ok but not sure I would describe him as "a great man". I leave that sort of praise to those who really have made a difference to the world and to peoples lives. To those who put their lives on the line for others. Not for football stars that are able to give a good interview.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    red zed . I think your a bit of a wanker. Every thing you say is a wind up. But you live in sunderland so may be thats your way of life. Anyway beckham tonight was great. He made me cry. An all he did was go an chat to our troops but he made our troops day. God bless all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]I thought he was bit up himself and too sentimental, just like a typical yank! Far to cocksure in the way he presented himself and lapping it up. I suppose he will want to to be saving the planet or something similar next. Would respect him if invested some of his cash into our club though.

Fail
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]red zed . I think your a bit of a wanker. Every thing you say is a wind up. But you live in sunderland so may be thats your way of life. Anyway beckham tonight was great. He made me cry. An all he did was go an chat to our troops but he made our troops day. God bless all.

tactful and to the point B

Redzed be warned she is a crazy mo fo
  • Options
    lol. Got to lay off the mobile after grog. Im now checking everything to see who i have upset. Told you my phone needs a breathalyser.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]lol. Got to lay off the mobile after grog. Im now checking everything to see who i have upset. Told you my phone needs a breathalyser.

i thought that B as soon as i read it , i love your honesty when your on the booze u say what most of us think LOL
  • Options
    Sometimes it has to be said B, watch out Red you're in head lock territory..
  • Options
    Agree with the majority view on here. I don't see how people can say he is 'up himself'. He came across to me as very humble and with a good sense of the priorities in life, which isn't something we tend to see from many professional footballers.

Why slag him off for doing something positive? I've never been able to fathom that mindset: 'that bleeding Pasteur thinks he's the mutt's nuts with that vaccination malarkey...."ooh, look at me saving millions of lives"....wanker!'

I think Isaw called it right...jealousy!
  • Options
    Seems like a very decent man. He has struggled to overcome being taken seriously because of his good looks. Much like myself ;0)
  • Options
    lol shooterr. His speech is vastly improved if you look back to the early years. Some work done on that. My pal worked in singapore with him on olympic bid an said he was very genuine an keen to help in any way. i think he will be a great ambassador for the country for many years to come.
  • Options
    Jeasouly! You're having a laugh there. Why would I be jealous? Money? Fame? I don't need any of that thanks, happy as I am. I admire the bloke for making his fame and fortune. Although, what is a fact in my opinion is that he is up so himself....sorry to have that opinion. Now, if Rossy were to interview a top medical surgeon, like somebody who saves kiddies lives for a living, I will happily salute. However, if somebody wants to go off and earn some brownie points for visiting our heros fighting abroad in front of the media spotlight...well, how low can you go? At least dignify it without the cameras and publicity. Having said that, can't fault him for promoting his brand. Sounds like a good father though to Romeo, Brookyn and the other weird name I can't recall. Each to their own.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb It - whether you are p!ssed or not, Redzed is a wanker, my nephew is in the Paras and starts his tour in a couple of months, 7 months out there. He is a great kid and bloody brave, so when Beckham uses his profile to generate publicity which highlights what our boys n girls are going through then he (Beckham) is doing nothing but good. And the brave bit is that Beckham chose to support our boys n girls publicly ignoring the fact that by doing so he himself could become a target. That takes bollox Redzed, so who's the wanker?
  • Options
    Jayajosh - Are you for real, public people like Beckham indirectly saves more live than a surgeon, he supports many charities, and uses this thing bestowed upon him called fame to generate the publicity which translates into money.
    If Wossi interviewed a surgeon would you watch, no, didn't think so! You cant really compare the two.
    I used to be a fireman, people used to say, the money that Firefighters and nurses get is laughable, look at what the footballers and rock stars get, the fact is that pop stars and footballers are money making machines and fame is hitched onto this, its what they do with the fame that counts!! Beckham has got it right!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Jeasouly! You're having a laugh there. Why would I be jealous? Money? Fame? I don't need any of that thanks, happy as I am. I admire the bloke for making his fame and fortune. Although, what is a fact in my opinion is that he is up so himself....sorry to have that opinion. Now, if Rossy were to interview a top medical surgeon, like somebody who saves kiddies lives for a living, I will happily salute. However, if somebody wants to go off and earn some brownie points for visiting our heros fighting abroad in front of the media spotlight...well, how low can you go? At least dignify it without the cameras and publicity. Having said that, can't fault him for promoting his brand. Sounds like a good father though to Romeo, Brookyn and the other weird name I can't recall. Each to their own.

Your making youself look like a plank. Did you actually watch it last night?? Beckham said he took to camera's with him to highlight the troops and gain attention for the jobs they do. He said he is in the position to do so. Supporting his brand????...yeah he looks like he could do wth a few more bob.
    In you OP you also say he is like a typical American....and i suppose you know plenty apart from the Paris Hilton types your read about in Closer magazine.
  • Options
    For some, Beckham will never be able to do enough to justify being called a great man. Fact is he would never have been a great surgeon / thinker / army general but he has done what he can with the skills he has.

Why are Briton's so reluctant to recognise the good in people?

If more used their fame / money / talent the way David does the world would be better for it.

/lovein.
  • Options
    Beckham is a top bloke and boy did we miss him on the pitch in South Africa.....still better than anyone else who played on the right side
  • Options
    Ironoically bibble my dad was a fireman (Shooters hill) and mum was a nurse (at the Brook). Yes, perhaps the publicity does generate money and I am sure he does a lot of work indirectly which is a good thing. I don't dislike the bloke, I just don't like what I perceive is to be him promoting his brand. For me when seeing him out their with the soldiers, I felt it was all about him and not them. It is a fine line to cross which is why a lot of celebrities do this sort of thing without the media. If you're British (or English as Beckham referred to them) then you should get behind those soldiers anyway without all this celebrity nonsense. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    Beckham top bloke. But did I hear that he has jacked in the Beckham football academy. If so, why?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Beckham top bloke. But did I hear that he has jacked in the Beckham football academy. If so, why?

Maybe do some research before you try and lay into him.
    The Beckham academy in London had a contract. The contract ended. Beckham said from the beginning that it would stay in London for the contact then go round the country to give as many kids as possible the opportunity to attend. They are currently running this service.

What happens to the building is up to the people that gave the contract for its use as a sporting facility for the life of that contract. The council.
  • Options
    was hardly laying into him HT, from how i read his comment it was a genuine question.
  • Options
    David Beckham was a true gent last night he is a proud Father and a proud Englishman. He certainly shook off some of that dumb persona the media gives him too.