Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New CAFC website - Help needed

Comments

• Options
    Talk of The South - sure thing - dont suppose you know where I can find a picture?

Thanks pilchild - I will defiantly keep that in mind :)
  • Options
    Pilchild??? ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The design is good, looks new and fresh. Like the new kit, theres something a little bit different about it....I agree that everything a Charlton fan needs is here already, interaction etc etc but well done for trying something new.

Just to let you know that on the contact page it says "ill tet back to you as soon as possible!"
  • Options
    If you enjoy writing and you can dedicate some real time to the site then go for it David.

Write for yourself, not anyone else. As Oggy says keep it different and compelling. Original is hard but by keeping it personal and not cookie cutter, then you have a great shot at originality.

Good luck.
  • Options
    What would be interesting would be if you called it something like "diary of a charlton fan" and kept it as your own perspective of matches, reports, how you feel, when your angry, opinions on everything from the fans to the players, the way the club is run or the way you see it, pics from matches, away days, pubs you went to, your views on everything charlton related. Im sure not only charlton fans could relate to it but also opposition fans may be interested if it involved their team. Like Chicago said keep it personal, it would be something completely unique.

Damn it...i may just set up a site now...forget it its my idea im doing it lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]What would be interesting would be if you called it something like "diary of a charlton fan"

Ha that would make Anne Frank's effort read like light hearted musings by comparison!
  • Options
    Thinking of stuff that isn't out there how's about live commentary on youth reserve games or a text commentary on first tram games like the BBC provide
  • Options
    One thing to remember is that not every cafc fan on the web uses this site. Without insulting Lifers maybe have a look at some of the more bitchy / cliquey posts and try to work out how you would avoid them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Thinking of stuff that isn't out there how's about live commentary on youth reserve games or a text commentary on first tram games like the BBC provide
    I've been thinking about writing a bit about the youth players over the course of the season. I keep an eye on all of them for the Football Manager research I do, and my own interest. As far as I know there isn't a Charlton blog or site that does that.

I don't get to see them regularly, but usually get a fair idea on the type of player they are through a mix of pre-season friendlies, the odd FA Youth Cup game, occasional England youth games on TV (for the few that are make their squads!) and the OS/CAFC Player. Also get feedback from other FM researchers, either when they've seen youth games or they've gone on loan to the likes of Welling and Ebbsfleet.

Would there be much interest in that? The one thing I wouldn't be sure about is a decent name for it.
  • Options
    I definately think that would be of interest scoham. Does anyone on here go down on Saturday mornings to watch the colts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham....any chance you could be a bit flexible with the truth re the FM scouting? ie maybe inform them of a few Ronaldhinio wonderkids coming through the ranks so that I might be able to last more than two seasons without the tin tack!
  • Options
    David, did u used to be the moderator on the charlton mad site?
  • Options
    Yep I was for about 2 years then didn't have time for it - but enjoyed working for them. I had another version of my current site which was more news based at the time which done pretty well
  • Options
    Nice site, did you design it yourself or use a WIX template...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Davidcafc[/cite]Yep I was for about 2 years then didn't have time for it - but enjoyed working for them. I had another version of my current site which was more news based at the time which done pretty well[/quote]

You did well there and I was a regular visitor. You have every reason to develop a new site and no decent reasons not to.
  • Options
    Bit if both red but eventually it will get it's own makeover once it's up and running. Thanks popicon! Glad to know people were reading it. I will use some of the old ideas from there and add some new ones and hopefully it can be worth a read two-three times a week
  • Options
    Other clubs succesfully have loads of sites, they mostly offer the same type of thing but it does give a choice.

Handy if you get banned from one!!!

It will be hard to prise folk away from here, my advice is, don't censor the forum too much.
  • Options
    Would anyone like to help me with an article - basically I'm filling the site up at the moment and would be great if a few of you could write a short paragraph with your expectations of the season. Who do you think will be the star player? where we will finish? and ill add a few with your name to the site. Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi David,
    More than happy to contribute, I think that people need to be supportive of any information and opinion about Charlton , after all there is scant coverage of it elsewhere in the media.

I have whisperd you, more than happy to contribute and suggest ideas. Good to see fans getting involved in the club, and doing something positive.
    Want some new ideas:
    Photo story: Profile of the people behind the scenes at Charlton Groundstaff, Press office, Disability officer,
    Community Trust: What does it do, how does it work, Tony Hudd New press officer . What is his plans!, the work in the townships and in schools.
    Where are they Now: Regular feature on where players have gone :Mike Flannagan, Killer, John Robinson,
    Match report: Get a name like Micheal Grade to write about the match, going to the valley, bit about why they support the club etc.....
    Matches from the Past: Favourite matches, your first match, favourite goal, funnest moment .
    Blast from the past: Take an old programme and reproduce it, stats, facts.
    Two sides: An debate on a football topic, goal line technology, players wages, England players,
    Up and coming: profile on the youngsters at the academy, and who has joined.
    All our yesterdays: Famous photo archive picture.
    Picture of the week: Fans phone shots, goals, Charlton players, charity, community events.
    Week in the life of: Shadow a Charlton employee.

I will stop there! just some thoughts........ I am sure some are more practical than others......
  • Options
    Really good ideas, Ken !

I guess David would appreciate an Assistant Editor ....!

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Oggy I am full of ideas.....

More than happy to get 'involved'

If I design a 'badge' will you get on board!.......
  • Options
    Ken - Thanks again - just replied to your email and those are some cracking ideas. I am restricted by the fact I live in Southampton but if you know a list of contacts that would be awesome! and you are more than welcome to get involved. The more people involved the better it will be!

Dave
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]If I design a 'badge' will you get on board!.......

You can't badger me like that, Ken .....!
    Anyway all the badges are at Henry's house, one on each of his cardigans....if hehasn't ripped them all off in a fit of despair.
    ;o)

Seriously, I'd be happy to be an occasional contributor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Davidcafc[/cite] I am restricted by the fact I live in Southampton ......

Dave

Ah-ha! Southampton, eh........?

Gives an opportunity to do a 'Private Eye' job on a member of the Southampton management team!

Nothing totally libellious, of course ......but pehaps a parody for a spoof character, with a just about fictional team based loosely on someone with, ahem, Charlton management experience....... perhaps a 3-box cartoon strip of his cockups.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Seriously agree with AFKA this guy has come here to move us away from here? Tell him to sod off AFKA! This is Charlton Life if you want help go to the o.s and ask there instead? Or approach afka and see if you could link the sites!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Seriously agree with AFKA this guy has come here to move us away from here? Tell him to sod off AFKA! This is Charlton Life if you want help go to the o.s and ask there instead? Or approach afka and see if you could link the sites!
    I think you missed understood the point AFKA was making. He's disappointed with the lack of assistance Charlton life is getting.
  • Options
    If you go to the site and click on forums it gives a massive link back to here...!!!
  • Options
    What I am hoping to do is encourage more people here! this is a fantastic forum and you will be surprised how many Charlton fans dont know about it. I am aiming to link allot of work to this board and this will be where everything is discussed.
  • Options
    Judians popular peoples front springs to mind....
  • Options
    Thought WE were the JPP ?