Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tamer Tuna

Comments

• Options
    I'm there atm. Only played first half. Hit post but tbh didn't impress. Seems to have lost confidence.
  • Options
    Shame, he should be able to shine at that level but then again didn't do that well when out on loan in non-league.

And I see Bromley lost : - (
  • Options
    I used to get the impression he thought he was too good for us...
  • Options
    I don't know what went wrong with him. I think we put him in the 1st team too quickly so he thought he had already made it. It is a shame though because he was promising.
  • Options
    Anyone who saw him play would tell you it was obvious he was never going to make it as a pro. Not strong enough, not fast enough, not skilful enough - not good enough. Good lad apparently, with his head reasonably well screwed on, so hopefully will end up with a decent career doing something else.
  • Options
    He was butter in the JPT/League Cup (can't remember which one it was) but never pushed on beyond that
  • Options
    "Butter"?
  • Options
    Why do we care about this bloke? Yesterdays news.
  • Options
    It was a 4-1 win against Barnet in JPT, i believe. He scored a good goal and played a part in another. Looked very promising. Apparently letting him play 6th division football wasnt the way to go with this kid. Hope were in a reserve league this term. Dont want another season with fringe players out of match practice and youngsters playing non-league before they are released at the end of the season.
  • Options
    Would like to see him do well at BSP, could do but would have to bring will to his game.  Thought 'butters' was gay?  Good luck to him.  Unlike Basey I'd doubt he'll come back from this setback, but has enough skill to if he fights.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2011
    He was butter in the JPT/League Cup (can't remember which one it was) but never pushed on beyond that
    Maybe he'd do better player as an Anchor man then.......:-)
  • Options
    Might have made a decent midfielder, I don't know who told him he was. a forward. No pace, power or tricks.
  • Options
    Thought 'butters' was gay?
    It was Guy Butters not Gay Butters
  • Options
    Blimey the way some are talking on here you would have thought his career was over.

If he has the promise and potential that others say he has and Ken has seen him close up, then he is still young and at the earliest stage of his career with plenty of opportunity to make it at this level at least.  Look at Charlie MacDonald, how many years after he scored an excellent equaliser against Newcastle not in the JPT but in the Prem, did it take for him to get into the league again and then he become key for Brentford. 
  • Options
    Are you trying to butter him up?
  • Options
    He seemed to go backwards which is a real shame - hopefully he can get his mojo back.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I understand that Tamer is currently playing for Bromley FC, so we should be able to see him in the friendly against us on the 27th July.
    Hopefully they will get his name right  on there website/team sheet for the game, unlike there website match report?
    I noticed quite a few lads in the Cray verses Bromley that my lads used to play  alongside.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Sorry has he been releasedby us, with all the comings and the goings I've lots track

• Options
    my 10 year old son went to Bromley Saturday and met the players who all signed his programme, after a thorough review i can confirm that Tamer Tuna's signature is included.
  • Options
    Yes saw the game on the Bromley website..........
    I think I will go and see the friendly in a week or so.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to him. If he has enough self-belief, I am sure he will do well. He's probably one of those kids who would benefit from Glen Hoddle's second chance scheme. 
  • Options
    Good luck to him. If he has enough self-belief, I am sure he will do well. He's probably one of those kids who would benefit from Glen Hoddle's second chance scheme. 
    I think he will be another charlie macdonald or scott mcgleish and will rise from the non leagues
  • Options
    Remain gutted that his career has floundered and it seems fishy to me that we will never see him find his plaice in the first team and rise like a salmon and find the net at the Valley like that other great hero of mine Mark Fish. Could have led to a shirt sponsorship from John West and even a new Captain Birdseye stand. No point carping on now though...
  • Options
    I think he will be another charlie macdonald or scott mcgleish and will rise from the non leagues
    I hope so.
  • Options
    I think Dickson went to Greece or Cyprus.
  • Options
    What happened to Chris Dickson?

him and tuna where about at the same time so what happened to Dickson if Tuna's now at welling.

• Options
    just googled Dickson and he plays for a team in the cyprus 1st division and has scored 18 goals in 27 games
  • Options
    Good to see that the lad has found a club.
    He is playing with some of my lads old team mates from Cray Valley.
    Welling are a good local side, and if Tamer can re-discover his  touch, and the back of the net I am sure he will go on to higher things.
    Have not spoken to him for nearly a year, I am sure he is glad to be settled, always wanted to play when I knew the lad, frankly I am glad he has a 'birth' to show his ability
    and not drift away, into non football.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Remain gutted that his career has floundered and it seems fishy to me that we will never see him find his plaice in the first team and rise like a salmon and find the net at the Valley like that other great hero of mine Mark Fish. Could have led to a shirt sponsorship from John West and even a new Captain Birdseye stand. No point carping on now though...
    He's Haddock his chips at Charlton though, Grumps.