Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tamer Tuna

13»

Comments

• Options
    yes..he was just swimming against the current with us...another small fish in a big pool...between a rock and a hard plaice...dab away the tears and move on.. there are plenty more fish in the sea.
  • Options
    For a biggish kid, I don't think he was ever physical or quick enough to be a striker. Needed coaching in the "dark arts" or moving to midfield. Probably his level. Didn't like the reports that he thought he'd made it by getting a pro contract.
  • Options
    Was down at David Lloyd Sidcup today and he was working in the Cafe. This was at lunchtime so I guess he's without a club at the moment.
  • Options

Was down at David Lloyd Sidcup today and he was working in the Cafe. This was at lunchtime so I guess he's without a club at the moment.

Real shame, hope he can get a club

• Options
    he trialled at Cray start of the season and didn't make the grade.
  • Options

That is sad, I know the lad, and his mother told me that he had to turn it around or give it up..... his brother is still at Charlton on the community scheme.
    Have to give him a call, play for my saturday team?

• Options
    Always recall in a youth cup game against Chelsea's internationals, our boys did pretty well, with Jenks the pick of the bunch. At one point the ball went into the unmanned south stand and Tamer dived in there and ran up to get it. More balls than the full squad at the time, wish him well...
  • Options
    Met him at the junior reds Christmas thing a few years ago and he seemed a really sound lad. Get the feeling he was a bit small maybe . Surprised he hasn't even got a club at non league level.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Like James Walker and others, good footballer but to buttonhole yourself as a striker means no goals, no job.
  • Options
    Last I heard he was playing for Erith Town.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Last I heard he was playing for Erith Town.

yep your right.....

saw this press report and it looked a bit bleak.......

Needs to get his head straight, I am going to give him a ring this week,and see if he would like to train with us, and take it from there,
    I know the chairman of Erith town, as he lives in the next street.....
    Playing with us, is no pressure, he is a decent lad, with ability, loads of it, but he has got to perform on the pitch, I have a couple of ex academy lad's,
    not alway's the easiest to blend into a side, but we shall see.........

(Monday, 02 April 2012) - - Last Updated (Wednesday, 04 April 2012)
    BECKENHAM TOWN 3-0 ERITH TOWN Kent Hurlimann Football League Monday 2nd April 2012 Stephen McCartney
    reports from Eden Park Avenue ERITH TOWN manager Tony Russell says former Charlton Athletic striker Tamer Tuna
    has to use his short spell with the club as a chance to get his career back on track.

The 20-year-old, who came off the bench against Sevenoaks Town at the weekend, failed to impress on his full debut for
    the Dockers as they crashed to a 3-0 defeat away to Beckenham Town tonight.
    Tuna made his debut in the Championship for Charlton Athletic on 18 April 2009 and scored on his full debut six months
    later against Barnet in the Football League Trophy, but his career at The Valley never took off and spells at non-league
    clubs followed, including Conference South sides Welling United and Bromley, and he scored only one goal in six
    appearances for Ryman Premier League side Hastings United before his release last month.
    Russell admits the youngster hit a new low when he failed to impress in a Kent League fixture, in front of 82 people, who
    were expecting better from the striker than a yellow card for dissent.

He said: A good signing? Not on tonight performance, he wasnt!
    I had a chat with him in the week. He played against Sevenoaks and done really well for us.
    To be fair to him, I look at him sometimes and I do feel for him a little bit. Maybe the standard of refereeing or
    players that do stuff and he looks in disbelief and it's a hell of a fall that he's on from Charlton a year and a
    half ago to now finding himself in the Kent League.

Its so hard, that transition from pro-football and semi-pro and we had a nice, long chat about us.
    He just got to find a level. I just don't know whatever level it is, just stop falling. Just find a level where he
    can make an impact to get his confidence going because the boy shattered confidence wise, absolutely
    shattered.
    You watch him today and he's got his head down and he's got the weight of the world on his
    shoulders.
    I've told him to come down and enjoy himself and don’t worry about things. He wasn’t
    great today but like I said to him if we can help him in any way to enjoy his football, that’s what I want him to do.
    There something there. You wouldnt play at levels he's played at if theres
    nothing there. I've just got to get it out of him.
  • Options
    Can't even make an impact at kent league level?! Poor bloke.
  • Options
    He needs to look at Charlie Macdonald for the inspiration to realise that you can comeback from a fall.
  • Options
    Hope he turns it around - good luck to the lad.
  • Options
    Would be a terrible waste for him not to stick at it. At that age a year seems a long time. Hes clearly got a good player in there, hope he digs deep and finds it.