Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnet (Pre-season friendly) Match Thread.

Team news and updates here please

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2010
    I think our very own Rothko is going today, I'm sure he'll be updating at:

http://www.twitter.com/sachazarb
  • Options
    OS says there will be updates on the official twitter http://twitter.com/cafcofficial
  • Options
    On route, will do my best to keep people updated.

I think Mulley is on my tube! Going to be late if he is. Crawling towards Finchley Central.
  • Options
    This Premier League Striker they have been banging on about before our match is none other than................................

.................Drum Roll Please................................

Steve Kabba :D
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Charlton: Elliot, Solly, Jackson, Dailly, Doherty, Wagstaff, Semedo, McCormack, Reid, Bauza, Sodje.

Subs: Tuna, Gough, Racon, Llera, Mambo, Stavrinou, Perkins, Mulley, Davisson, Thorvdidsson

Pretty much our best team at the moment. Arguably Racon for McCormack but that's it. Good to see Semedo there.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]This Premier League Striker they have been banging on about before our match is none other than.................................................Drum Roll Please................................Steve Kabba :D[/quote]

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Kabba
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Doesn't look like Fortune will be joining then! Maybe thats why Sodje & Basey were seen today.
    Good starting line up, Very weak bench.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Strong line up, good to see Thor given a chance
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]Doesn't look like Fortune will be joining then!
    Good starting line up, Very weak bench.
    Didn't think he would, even on average wages we'd be spending a lot on centre backs. Plenty of cover there with Semedo, Youga and the youngsters.

Sawyer seems to have gone as well.
  • Options
    Didn't think he would, even on average wages we'd be spending a lot on centre backs. Plenty of cover there with Semedo, Youga and the youngsters.
    Sawyer seems to have gone as well.[/quote]

Shows how important it is that we keep Semedo.
    We definately need to make some more signings. A few injuries to key players could leave us struggling with that bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Strong team....

Our strongest currently...

come on boys lets get a 2-0 ..
  • Options
    Why haven't Racon and Semedo started a game together yet this pre-season? Really makes me think that Racon could be off as that is definately our best pairing and there is no way that McCormack is better than Racon, and aside from that one change it is our strongest team at the moment.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Strong team....
    Our strongest currently...
    come on boys lets get a 2-0 ..[/quote]

Think that will be the starting line up for the first game, Maybe with one exception.
    Would expect any further signings to start on the bench.

Strange that Jenkinson isn't on the bench after his recent reviews, Lets hope that has nothing to do with Liverpool wanting him.
  • Options
    Off CAFC Official Twitter:
    RT @nichorob: Why does talkSPORT have Barnet v #cafc as one of its featured games this afternoon?
  • Options
    I think the Watford game we will play our starting XI, Elliot, Solly, Dailly, Doherty, Jackson, Wagstaff, Racon, Semedo, Reid, Bauza, Sodje
  • Options
    whats that about steven kabba?
  • Options
    less paranoia, more match updates please.
  • Options
    He's playing for Barnet.
  • Options
    aww thank good hes poor
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]Strange that Jenkinson isn't on the bench after his recent reviews, Lets hope that has nothing to do with Liverpool wanting him.
    Always someone missing so we can have a bit of speculation that they're leaving. I doubt Liverpool would want him, he's good but I don't think he's that good. They were "linked" (well, football-rumours) with Cousins anyway weren't they, not Jenkinson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems strange there's 10 subs, meaning one player must play a full game. Wouldn't be surprised if they've missed someone like Jenkinson or Sawyer off.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Seems strange there's 10 subs, meaning one player must play a full game. Wouldn't be surprised if they've missed someone like Jenkinson or Sawyer off.[/quote]

I think it's a thing they have agreed on, as Barnet only have 21 too, both on Twitter and the Barnetfc website
  • Options
    Haven't we scored yet?

Parky out
    Sack the board
    Sell the ground
    Loot the club shop
  • Options
    15mins. Very very scrappy. One chance for Barnet deflected shot that Elliot saved easily.
  • Options
    McCormack off injured. Awaiting sub.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Just reported about the game on Talksport.
    Said its been a low key game. The only chance has been to them with Rob Elliot making a meal of Steve Kabba's shot.
    Akpo Sodje and Bauza hardly had a touch.
    Saying that Elliot's kit is shocking and now discussing Daily.
  • Options
    Stav on. Another Barnet chance. Ball flashed across from a corner.
  • Options
    Another Barnet chance. Elliot saves low down from Kabba.
  • Options
    Stav on rather than Racon.
    Says on Twitter that there was no-one around McCormack when he got injuried. Lets hope its nothing serious.
  • Options
    Stavrinou coming on for McCormack. No idea what happened to the Irishman (TH)

Stav rather than Racon...