Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnet (Pre-season friendly) Match Thread.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    We where very poor in truth, Team didnt seem intrested, didnt want to win the ball, had no disire at all, bouza might has of well stayed at home, poor all game, Thor came on, looked good chased the ball down very well , he seemed qwick, put the defence under presure, best player on the pitch for charlton and he was only on for 13 or so mins.

We defo need an extra striker or two
  • Options
    My thoughts entirely matt, a rarity we've been to the same game and appear to have been watching the same game!

Not going to slit my wrists like some will but for a spectacle today it was boring old turd and only one player on the pitch at any moment had any class, our number 21 the iceman... will be a lot better in a fortnight with half a dozen bodies in i'm sure
  • Options
    Eliiot, Back Four, Midfield, all fair to average. Sodje ok, Bauza slack, Thor looked lively. The phrase, score in a brothel rang loud and clear today.

Saw Prior, Mike and Matt in the Railway bell before and after the game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Eliiot, Back Four, Midfield, all fair to average. Sodje ok, Bauza slack, Thor looked lively. The phrase, score in a brothel rang loud and clear today.

Should of come and said hello
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ok, for what its worth my take on today....

The whole game was played in a low key atmosphere and our lot really failed to show much interest. As previously mentioned I was alarmed by how exposed we looked on both flanks. Both Solly and Jackson had poor games and were run ragged by their respective wingers. Barnet put an awful lot of unchallenged crosses into the box and with a better forward could have scored more than the 1 they did.

Barnet edged the first half. We created a few half chances and the keeper was tested once by a cross shot from Akpo.

Harsh the earlier comment saying that Semedo didn't look interested. He crunched into a couple of hefty tackles, more than can be said for the rest of the midfield. Reid was a willing runner but looked a bit of a one trick pony. Head down, cut inside loose the ball. Wagstaff was probably our best player going forward, however that isn't saying much. Bit of a worry that we very quickly stopped passing and resorted to cross field hoofs towards Reid.

They say forwards are only as good as the service they get and today ours got none. However, Bauza and Sodje need to be putting in a shift even if they aren't getting any service. Both strolled around like they didn't have a care in the world.

2nd half was a total non event for us. We really struggled to cope with the Underhill slope and Barnet were pretty comfortable. Thor had our only chance of note heading over from 4 yards out.
    I can't get as excited as others have about him. He came on missed the target with a header, trapped the ball once or twice, gave it away a couple of times and made a tackle. He wasn't on for long so I guess we need to take another look - perhaps if he is fit he'll get a longer run out at Bromley.

Looking at the bench today rammed home how thin the squad is and how we really do need to get 6 players in. GK, RB, RM x3 Strikers.

Hopefully we'll see some movement next week.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Eliiot, Back Four, Midfield, all fair to average. Sodje ok, Bauza slack, Thor looked lively. The phrase, score in a brothel rang loud and clear today.

Should of come and said hello

Lol nath, you missed some funny stuff on the platform while me and mike where waiting for the train, some guy trys to buy a choc bar from the vending machine, but it gets stuck, he starts banging the vending machine with his fist, next min there was a public anoucement saying if he didnt stop banging on the glass they where going to call the police, lol!
  • Options
    I don't really care about result but I think the starting 11 will look like the one parky will use, why doesn't racon seem to be getting much game time?

A run out is a run out, hopefully parky had at least 4 players lined up for next week.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: charltonaddickedmatt[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Eliiot, Back Four, Midfield, all fair to average. Sodje ok, Bauza slack, Thor looked lively. The phrase, score in a brothel rang loud and clear today.

Saw Prior, Mike and Matt in the Railway bell before and after the game.[/quote]

Should of come and said hello[/quote]

Lol nath, you missed some funny stuff on the platform while me and mark where waiting for the train, some guy trys to buy a choc bar from the vending machine, but it gets stuck, he starts banging the vending machine with his fist, next min there was a public anoucement saying if he didnt stop banging on the glass they where going to call the police, lol![/quote]

Ahem, Mike ;) But yes it was absolutely hilarious
  • Options
    Lol mike* sorry mate
  • Options
    my match rating for the game

Elliot-5 didnt have much to do, kicking was very poor.
    Solly-4 looked like a lost little boy.
    Jackson-5 didnt link up with Reid as much as I thought he would and was terrorised by there right winger.
    Dailly- 6 seem to do more then the midfielders, a good few runs forward from the back, but everytime he got up there no wanted the ball. defensivley done ok
    Doherty-5 looked poor in the first half, a few shocking passes but progressed in the 2nd half
    Wagstaff-4 had so much space in the 2nd half to run into but time and time again his crossing was poor or he would simply just run straight into a Barnet defender.
    Reid 6- Done well in patches looked one of the only decent players out there. Never got any support down the left after Jackson went off, or from the midfielders or forwards.
    Mccormack-5 didnt really get a chance to settle down, injured after 18 minutes
    Semedo-4 looked disintrested in spells, but still looked one of our better players
    Akpo-3 same old rubbish from him, poor first,second and third touch, should have scored but you just knew he wouldnt.
    Bauza-1 I was quite looking forward to watching him play, it was like someone play in slow motion, he was slow, poor in the air, looked so disinterested it was unreal, had the odd decent touch, I know he got decent reviews at Kettering and Welling but if he performs like that again against Watford send him packing asap.

Subs
    Stav-4 didnt get into the game much after coming on, a bit harsh him getting subbed at half time, unless he picked up a knock of course.
    Racon-6 you could tell he was the best player on the pitch when he came on but you can never feel confident with him, especailly when he has lapses in concentration.
    Mambo- 5 looked ok when he came on.
    thorn-4 had a chance after just coming on besides that didnt really get a touch of the ball.

All in all a very poor display, the right handside Waggy and Solly were poor and we will look so exposed. Strikers look nothing short of dreadful, and the midfield didnt support the strikers or the defenders which was worrying. hopefully Parky has something up his sleeve and can the 6 or 7 in like he hoped, otherwise I think it will be a long hard struggle this season, which a few have already predicted on here, lets hope were wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sod performance marks, the simple conclusion is simple, the squad is piss weak thin, and we need at least 6 and maybe 8 more for a squad to be really competitive.

Lets hope players get edgy as the start of the season arrives and they take the contracts we can offer
  • Options
    We ain't getting 6.

And, to be honest I'm glad, we'd be better off getting a bit of quality in key positions and blowing the budget on (for example) a couple of forwards. Can't see any point in creating a strong reserve team. The likes of Swindon and Milwall did OK on shoestrings, so we could if managed well. It's a matter of getting the right players at the right time and a bit of luck.

Things'll change for better or worse. Not a lot of loans happening right now, because the teams above us are currently waiting on their own business to see who they'll let go of, and we don't want to start paying contributions to their salaries before we have to. It's mildly worrying, but not world ending.
  • Options
    We've got 11 players of top of League 1 quality, and no depth beyond that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]We ain't getting 6.
    Can't be far off though, that's just ideally what we'll get, along with no one leaving.

Definitely need a goalkeeper and 3 strikers. Right back as well otherwise we've only got the likes of Solly and Jenkinson. Right midfield we have no alternative to Wagstaff.
  • Options
    We don't have to worry the Liverpool loanees are on their way!!!!
  • Options
    And we've got the kids!
  • Options
    Looking forward to the new season, going 2-0 up and then drawing in the final minutes....ada boy Parky!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Looking forward to the new season, going 2-0 up and then drawing in the final minutes....ada boy Parky![/quote]

Que?
  • Options
    While it's important not to over-react, here are some things I don't like:

1) "Akpo. It's only a pre-season friendly and the result doesn't matter. So, when you are through one-on-one with the 'keeper ... don't worry about scoring."

2) Why is it that only the losing side believes that the result doesn't matter?

3) Winning is a habit. We don't have it.

4) This squad is so thin that it could be mistaken for Posh Spice.

Luckily, the only sensible explanation for the statement that "the budget is not established yet" is that we have a massive influx of cash this week.
  • Options
    For 'massive influx of cash' read 'significant reduction/restructuring of debt'.

Same thing, isn't it?

I thank you ...