Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnet (Pre-season friendly) Match Thread.

Comments

• Options
    We are all going to die, we have lost a pre season friendly!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]We are all going to die, we have lost a pre season friendly![/quote]

Conference here we come!!! ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Talksport just slated Bauza.
    The reporter there said that he showed no effort whatsoever, was woeful and that he would be astonished if he was on our books next season.
    He also gave him the advice of at least trying next time he's on trial.

He's probably going to be astonished then.
  • Options
    Cheers for the updates clem
  • Options
    Thor played less then ten minutes and showed more than anyone except reid. great touch, quick and clever, all i've seen of him but impressed. bauza never looked anything much, judging by previous reviews must just be a bad day at the office but my god when he's bad he's woeful.
  • Options
    It's at times like these that you seriously wish that safety razors had not been invented. Last weekend we was up, this weekend we is back down again and not a sharp object to end it all in sight ! Looks like i'll be munching on Fluoxetine this season again.....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]8160 Total Attendance, They had 6180 against Arsenal last week.[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]5500 arsenal[/quote]

7500 Charlton![/quote]

We didnt even get 8000 for a pre season with Feyenord, its a typo, 816 ibelieve
  • Options
    From CAFC twitter

Parky says McCormack took a whack and had blurred vision. Reid got a stamp on the wrist (TH)
  • Options
    Poo. There's goes the flimsy optimism.

Only a win against the mighty Watford can restore it.
  • Options
    My saturday nights are getting ruined earlier and earlier each year. ;-)

Know it was only a friendly .But it did sound bloody atrocious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's amazing how so many people who read this can't see when people are being sarcastic.
  • Options
    cafc bourne is ur first name liam?:L
  • Options
    its been soooooooooooooooooooo depressing for so long. Any tiny atom of hope is clutched like a life raft. We all know there aint no money. We know that its free transfers and lone players only, True it was only a friendly ,but it was Barnet ---------------------and they won !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]It's amazing how so many people who read this can't see when people are being sarcastic.

my sentiments beds exactly

parky out
  • Options
    Noticed no Fortune, does anyone know if he was actually there?
  • Options
    Pre-season games should be seen for what they are, a run out to get players fit, try new formations, look at triallists etc but the fact is that we are in a right ol' mess.

I'm sure new signings will be made but they probably won't get us very excited.

I expect this season to be one of stabilising the club and making sure we don't get relegated again, that's why players like McCormack have been signed, hard working sloggers who will battle but have little to offer skillwise.

It's not going to be pretty this year but hopefully we'll still have a club at the end of the season!
  • Options
    I agree DFT. I can't see beyond avoiding relegation this year and pure financial survival. It's going to be a long old season and some people need to lower their expectations before it starts.
  • Options
    Still on route home and posting via my phone so will save the big assessment for later. Summary - we looked exposed on both flanks throughout the game. We couldnt cope with the slope in the 2nd half. No one gets any credit. I know you shouldnt read too much into these games but it is hard not to feel utterly depressed having sat through 90 mins of us huffung but not even puffing.

Who was the Barnet right winger? Looked very useful.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]I agree DFT. I can't see beyond avoiding relegation this year and pure financial survival. It's going to be a long old season and some people need to lower their expectations before it starts.
    Apart from maybe last year, when did we last have a season in which there has been serious talk about a promotion push and the possibility of battling relegation? Who we sign, if anyone, in the next two weeks could change the expectations so much.
  • Options
    Didn't we lose to Barnet last year in a pre season friendly then beat them 4-1 in the JPT, relax yourself lads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why hasn't the season started yet!.......Parky Out!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Merty111[/cite]Why hasn't the season started yet!.......Parky Out!

here here

booooooo

[cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Didn't we lose to Barnet last year in a pre season friendly then beat them 4-1 in the JPT, relax yourself lads.

keep your happy spin to your self

parky out

sam was shite

mooney couldnt hit a barn door
  • Options
    You guys amaze me! You should all read back to the messages last year, do you remember....we are doomed, doomed for sure. And what happened, a win off automatic promotion. So, and some of you will find this tough to do (and stop all your blithering about the end of the world, end of the season..), relax, we'll be fine this year, same as last year. We'll get a team, and as long as some of you don't scare them away or into their shells, then we'll be fine. Geese.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]sam was shite

mooney couldnt hit a barn door
    Couldn't agree more. Both of them useless and completely disinterested.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkok Dave[/cite]You guys amaze me! You should all read back to the messages last year, do you remember....we are doomed, doomed for sure. And what happened, a win off automatic promotion. So, and some of you will find this tough to do (and stop all your blithering about the end of the world, end of the season..), relax, we'll be fine this year, same as last year. We'll get a team, and as long as some of you don't scare them away or into their shells, then we'll be fine. Geese.

what happened last season was that we failed to get promoted, so a failure.

How you consider that fine, is a little beyond me!!
  • Options
    What i was talking about was the doomsters from last year - predicting the end of of our club, relegation etc, this time last year, do you remember that?

Well it didn't happeen. Did we get promoted - no, did we come damn close at our first attempt - yes. so

What right did we have to get promoted last year?

We did great last season.....and we can be up there again.

It's a bit sad to see fans so unrealistic
  • Options
    did you see the sitter that mooney missed, forster crossed, lisbie flicked it on and mooney missed from a yard

how did semedo play
  • Options
    just confirms what we already know. we need 3 or 4 more players, 2 of those strikers.
    to be honest i'm more disappointed reading about Bauza's performance than the result. after his first two games it sounded like he was going to be a decent signing and do well for us.. then he goes and plays like that. everyone has off days, but you still want to see effort being made.
  • Options
    how did semedo play[/quote]
    Was told that he didn't really look interested and wasn't as commited as he usually is.
  • Options
    Thorvaldsson - Thorvdidsson??? I'm confused!

Was that a 2nd Icelandic Gunnar, on trial? Or did he get his name changed whilst recovering from injury, back in Iceland?