Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Club Stadium You've Visited

HigHig
edited July 2010 in General Charlton
Was just thinking about the best club stadium (so Wembley dosn't count) that i've visited away from Charlton and decided on Arsenals Highbury stadium, had a lot of character and a good feel to it with the small pitch and compact stands. Fulhams Craven Cottage a close second for its ancient main stand.

Whats your favorite stadium (outside of Charlton) for whatever criteria you have, legroom, atmosphere, capacity etc.

Comments

• Options
    Was very impressed by the Allianz stadium in Munich.
  • Options
    Rhein Energie Stadion in Cologne. A brilliant example of modern stadium architecture and a terrific atmosphere.
  • Options
    1. Tranmere, Reason :: Last year i personaly fault tranmere was one of the best away grounds i went to and i did visit quite a few, Leg room was good, Not to far away from the pitch evan at the back, Food was nice & cheap, the two little stands and then the big main one gave the ground an unusual look and we won 4 - 0!.

2. Tottenham WHL, that was my first visit to a premier league ground, i was impressed with the stadium, very nice build to it, the view from the away end was perfect, and a great atmosfear
  • Options
    The Bernabeu was amazing, saw a game there last year and did the tour, atmosphere was good although we were up in the gods but th noise they made towards the ref (sent Albiol off) was deafening. Also enjoyed Parken Stadium in Copenhagen, very "British" feel to the design with a great atmosphere inside mainly because we were standing with their ultras
  • Options
    Camp Nou.

Absolutely incredible
  • Options
    Citi Field, Flushing - home of the New York Mets and Nathan's Chilli Cheese Footlong - bootiful
  • Options
    The 'old' Den oh wait up you said best ground.... maybe St James Park (Newcastle)
  • Options
    Fratton Park. Atmosphere was electric bar none. Amazing fans down there, and it was a rainy night when we won 2-0 (our last away win for over a year).
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westfalenstadion
  • Options
    Hate to say it but The Emarates is class. Back in the day I used to love going to Hillsborough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Camp Nou, easily the most spectactular and scary....vertigo hell
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Stadio Delle Alpi
  • Options
    Top 3 for me would be Old Trafford, Upton Park and Hillsborough. Emirates is pretty impressive as well.
  • Options
    Olympic stadium in Rome watching England nothing better
  • Options
    Old Trafford, Emirates, Stadium of Light (the Benfica one)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonaddickedmatt[/cite]1. Tranmere, Reason :: Last fault atmosfear

lol
  • Options
    Stadium of Light v the Mags...

Tension and atsmosphere builds up for weeks then goes off like a Roman Candle...
  • Options
    Camp Nou (for the ground) - Renzo Barbera (Palermo's ground) for the atmosphere. Exhilarating, Deafening and Frightening in equal measure.
  • Options
    Hartlepool - small friendly stadium with seats near to the pitch, and we won!
  • Options
    Old Trafford
    My niece has won some tickets to tour the Emirates and insists on taking me. So Maybe this will be the best in a few weeks time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The bombonera for the atmosphere.
  • Options
    quaintest looking, Manor ground oxford. most impressive, Hampden park when they sing Flower of Scotland,
    loudest, Besiktas' Inonu stadium Istanbul
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOwYqfHCy6Q
  • Options
    Camp Nou for stadium

Amsterdam Arena for atmosphere

Ruiz de Lopera for general carnage
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite] Renzo Barbera (Palermo's ground) for the atmosphere. Exhilarating, Deafening and Frightening in equal measure.[/quote]

Went to see Italy play there, nice ground indeed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Stadio Delle Alpi
    You must be joking, even Juve fans hate it
  • Options
    The Melbourne Cricket Ground and Wembley, fook you and your stupid rules!!

English club level, I quite like Hillsborough, Carrow Road and White Hart Lane. All for different reasons!
  • Options
    I always enjoy going to Craven Cottage as it was my first away game and I just like the layout of it! However, it has to be Stadium of Light (Sunderland) from a domestic point of view...was there for the England Turkey qualifier for Euro 2004. Excellent ground. Old Trafford would be too predictable!!

At Euro 2004 went to Stadium of Light (Benfica) which was fantastic....haven't done any of the other major Euro stadia. I also like Schalke's ground...keeps changing it's name though...Veltins-Arena? Was there for the World Cup defeat to Portugal in 2006.
  • Options
    Medejski Stadium - really well designed, great size and intimidating atmosphere created by the fans.
  • Options
    Maine Road
  • Options
    The Madjeski has to be one of the coldest grounds on a winter's day.

It is the middle of nowhere and there is a gap under the roof. The wind just howls in.

Was watching egg chasing one December day with a glass or two of the black stuff. Had to switch to Bovril.