Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Club Stadium You've Visited

13»

Comments

• Options
    Znicz Pruszków, Poland.

3641178046_3a573ed74d_o.jpg
  • Options
    Lord's
  • Options
    Ullevaal Stadium in Oslo - it isn't very big or particularly inspiring but the Lyn Oslo fans were such a good bunch that it was a great place to watch a game.
    Rasunda Stadium in Stockholm - brilliant atmosphere for the Stockholm derby.
    Ibrox - great stadium.

Some of my favorites are non-league grounds. Lewes - Dripping Pan is a fantastic place to watch football, seen 3-4 games there also really liked Billingham Synthonia (had to go just to say I had seen them play) and finally Keith FC in the highland league.
  • Options
    Boca Juniors
  • Options
    Maine Road, is the best and most intimidating atmosphere i have ever witnessed. Will never forget the season we drew 1-1 with them when Jonny Robinson scored for us, but when Shaun Goater put them 1-0 up, Jeez i have never heard a roar so loud. Some of the faces near the away end in the Kippax stand would give you nightmares.
  • Options
    Has to be Millerntor Stadion Hamburg home of FC St.Pauli before 2008 when new stands took over.The first bars of Hells Bells as the teams take to the pitch the atmosphere inside the ground is something else.The old wartime bunker at one end of the ground is such a site standing as high as the old west stand at The Valley and just as wide.On all my visits ground has been full 21000 people even when in div3 north.Could always get apass to take me into any part of the ground,dressing rooms or on pitchside but thats another story.
  • Options
    stamford bridge............went to the ground with a blues surporter and ended up sitting in blues area v charlton , got up the stairs at back of stand and it took my breath away also met tony gale that day too
    and also the goldstone ground may it RIP
  • Options
    Wrigley Field.
  • Options
    WHL unfortunately. Tons of leg room so much so that I managed to get whiplash from a fella misplacing his foot down the gap and banging into the back of my seat throwing me forward. Thankfully he was alright but didn't realise till I jumped up to celebrate the goal that I'd done my neck in.

Ah well was worth it, 6 point Christmas and singing to Konch after we had recalled him from his loan then played him against the Spuds. Singing about the goal posts glistening and all that, atmosphere was cracking being right next to the Spuds fans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Maine Road, is the best and most intimidating atmosphere i have ever witnessed. Will never forget the season we drew 1-1 with them when Jonny Robinson scored for us, but when Shaun Goater put them 1-0 up, Jeez i have never heard a roar so loud. Some of the faces near the away end in the Kippax stand would give you nightmares.
    I was at that game two, second against first and Keily was lucky not to get set off 20 minutes in to the game. Amazing noise made by City that day, I've had a lot of respect for them ever since. The only time I've ever felt intimidated at a game, and I've seen England play in Eastern Europe. I also went there the following season, what a game that was, 4-1 to Charlton!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I found Maine Road quite an intimidating place.....I was however sitting in with them...it was a night game....cant really remember what the score was though....may have been 1-1 as Citeh really turned on their players mid way through the game, it was pretty ugly.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Maine Road, is the best and most intimidating atmosphere i have ever witnessed. Will never forget the season we drew 1-1 with them when Jonny Robinson scored for us, but when Shaun Goater put them 1-0 up, Jeez i have never heard a roar so loud. Some of the faces near the away end in the Kippax stand would give you nightmares.[/quote]

I remember that, when Goater scored it was the first time I'd seen a surge in a seated area! I always thought the maze of alleys around Maine Road was prime ambush territory.....

The San Siro is awesome, the noise seems to get trapped under the big roof and rolls around like thunder (or is it the fireworks?). The Luigi Ferrara (Genoa/Sampdoria)is another beauty, tall stands right up on the pitch and very athmospheric.

Don't know which is my favourite in the UK, Newcastle is always an experience, always a buzz around there. Barnsley used to do the best meat pies, and the best fish and chips I ever had was at Crewe. Difficult decision....
  • Options
    Went to a night game at stamford bridge and the atmosphere was great , although organisation around the ground was pretty bad

also went to the mestalla for a champions league game and it was amazing
  • Options
    Did a tour of the Camp Nou when I was travelling by train to Poland to see England play in a World Cup Qualifier in 1997, easily the ground that has stuck in my mind the most, which is more than can be said of the grounds in Poland. The night before the full International I went to see the U21's in a small local ground. There was a water cannon at the ground to keep the various Polish factions apart, and the main Stadium had no toilets in the away end.

Valencia deserves a mention too, what a pre-season game that was!
  • Options
    Nichorob, don't do that again. I laughed so much I got a fit of asthma.
  • Options
    FOD,

I was also at Maine Road that day but don't remember it being overly bad - but of course worst than most.
    However St Andrews in 98 does stick out as being bad (or good) depending on how you look at it. "Keep right On" made the hairs stand on my back that day.

Regarding eastern europe I have only done Croatia and Ukraine with england. Both could be intimidating in town, although I personally found Ukraine the worst of the two (due to getting attacked and suffering a broken rib, just before an 8hr sleeper train - joy)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite]FOD,

I was also at Maine Road that day but don't remember it being overly bad - but of course worst than most.
    However St Andrews in 98 does stick out as being bad (or good) depending on how you look at it. "Keep right On" made the hairs stand on my back that day.

Regarding eastern europe I have only done Croatia and Ukraine with england. Both could be intimidating in town, although I personally found Ukraine the worst of the two (due to getting attacked and suffering a broken rib, just before an 8hr sleeper train - joy)
    It's probably because I wasn't at St. Andrews, my dad said we should save our money for the away playoff game, which we ended up not being able to get! I think the first time you experience it is always the worse (which Man City was for me), unless you get attacked of course. Dnipro was a place I didn't want to hang around for too long, large groups of them were given everyone English very nasty looks. I went to Croatia the second time around so don't have any horror stories.

Unless I'm mistaken I think we have a mutual friend called Will who supports Bromley, he went to Russia away. Now that's a fixture which separates the men from the boys!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Maine Road, is the best and most intimidating atmosphere i have ever witnessed. Will never forget the season we drew 1-1 with them when Jonny Robinson scored for us, but when Shaun Goater put them 1-0 up, Jeez i have never heard a roar so loud. Some of the faces near the away end in the Kippax stand would give you nightmares.

Remember that game like it was yesterday, was up in the heavons with my dad on some coperate prawn sandwich brigade day. Was right behind that Goater goal, pelted it in the top corner! Also the season of our best away kit in years! Yellow Yelloow!
  • Options
    Sunderland for me. Got a great atmosphere and the away end is very close to the action which is unusual for the Premiership.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    In the UK, I really like White Hart Lane, Old Trafford, and Stamford Bridge (especially watching us beating them on pens in the Carling Cup whilst in the home end) though that may be cos I have family near all of them so have good banter/pub visits before we played there. Also really enjoyed Leeds last season, even if the game was crap. Had heard some bad thing about the Leeds fans but was in the Leeds' Supporter's Club pub opposite the ground before and after the game and was really good. Disappointed we're not playing there again this season.

Abroad, I saw one of the first games at the Allianz Arena (Bayern Munich vs Stuttgart), and really liked it. It has soooo much more character than other new grounds like the Emirates. Can't believe that's getting mentioned on this discussion, just a concrete mass in the normal seats, and like the o2 arena in the hospitality areas. Not what I want from a football ground anyway.

Also have to give the Riazor a mention (Deportivo La Coruna). Great but completely different atmosphere, though as I haven't been to any other Spanish ground, may just be Spanish grounds in general.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have 3, and they are all linked with good memories! My favourite would be Villa Park, not only was it the 4-3game but it has a lot of character. Second would be Highfield Road for the 3-2 FA Cup game, great atmosphere, character, and i kicked Ron Atkinson in the shin on the way in! I really enjoyed Hillsborough, once again character, and was my first proper football trip up north, the 3-0 defeat on that midweek night seemed irrelevant to me at the time!
  • Options
    Cadiz stadium... no roof and right on the beach
  • Options
    The San Siro on a matchday takes some beating, can't even remeber the team they were playing against, but the atmosphere was electric. Could here the fans a good hour before the game as we approached the ground, amazing stuff.
  • Options
    uk - Benficas stadium of light

as much as i hate em love going to anfield