Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Club Stadium You've Visited

Comments

• Options
    HigHig
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]The Melbourne Cricket Ground and Wembley, fook you and your stupid rules!!!

Haha :-)
  • Options
    White hart lane or the emirates white hart lane because of the atmosphere and emirtates simply for quality
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Stadio Delle Alpi[/quote]
    You must be joking, even Juve fans hate it[/quote]

No I liked it, amazing atompshere puts every English side to shame, ok the design wasn't the best but the atmosphere more than made up for it
  • Options
    Will always have an affection for Highbury RIP
  • Options
    Santiago Bernabeu. 'Nuff said.
  • Options
    Top 3 for me would be Old Trafford, Upton Park and Hillsborough. Emirates is pretty impressive as well.
    I remember about 12 years ago, when I lived in Sheffield, a friend of mine got me a ticket for Sheff Wednesday v Blackburn. the tickets were for the Kop end and I remember the game because a very young Damien Duff was playing and Wednesdays goalkeeper looked fat.

I thought Hillsborough stadium looked a shambles back then, whole areas lay derelict or dis used. The toilets were a wall with a bit of guttering cemented into the ground inside a cubicle that had no roof on it. Still, the toilet has a better atmosphere than the stadium itself. It was a horrible stadium. I've also always thought that the away fans were much better catered for than the home fans there.

Like I say, that was a while ago, hopefully things have improved but I can honestly say that Hillsborough is the worst stadium I have ever been to.
  • Options
    Maribor's in Slovenia. They chanted "champions" over and over again throughout the game we went to even though they weren't actually champions.
  • Options
    Bernabeau, Nou camp, Stadio Olympico, quality.. all of them... well the olypico is a bit rubbish with the bit of plastic glued onto some concrete but amazing stadium and fans, and flares and madness.. brilliant..
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mascot, which Stadio Olimpico?
  • Options
    Got to be St James Park, Newcastle for me just for the sheer memories of the day. My son was mascot up there in 2001 I think, we were treated like royalty by Newcastle. I do actually feel that it is the best club ground in England for atmosphere.
    Best European ground I have been to is the Bernabeu, awesome ground with years of history attached to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was really impressed with the Olympic Stadium in Athens. Never been to the other big European one's listed here. For English grounds I'd have to say Highbury for the atmosphere and then the Emirates for the leg room! Shocking to think that Arsenal fans have been treated like that!
  • Options
    don't get the Highbury thing, went many times and always thought it was a dump..

Newcastle is a fantastic ground, always liked Villa Park and Anfield - proper grounds.
  • Options
    Two in the English league I like are Reading and Coventry - both new-ish stadiums. Oh how I enjoyed our chants of "your stadium's too big for you" at the Ricoh little knowing that such a short time later I would find myself sitting in the Valley looking at empty seats.
  • Options
    Though the Nou Camp was very dated when I went there - plus they served non-alcoholic beer which we didn't realise till we'd bought a load of bottles...
  • Options
    Bernerbau, Did tour couple of years ago unfortunately they wasn't playing that weekend

Worst- Withdean, even Daggers away preferred and we got that to look forward to again this year :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Highbury for the atmosphere
    Really? I thought it was famous for being so quiet. I never experienced a decent atmosphere there, unlike at Maine Road, which also gets added to my list!
  • Options
    Maracana and Sincil Bank.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Though the Nou Camp was very dated when I went there - plus they served non-alcoholic beer which we didn't realise till we'd bought a load of bottles...[/quote]

Haha...we did the same thing! Didn't think much of the ground itself. More atmosphere at Barnet on Saturday!

Went to Borrusia Dortmunds ground for the World Cup semi final, excellent.
  • Options
    Old Trafford for me.

I know its not football but atmsophere wise, Heinz Field in Pittsburgh is unreal. I did some PT security work whilst i was at uni there and had to stand at the corner of the end zone. So loud its unbelievable.
  • Options
    I thought Huddlesfield was a great ground, great design, good acoustics, and a great town and pubs (specially the prices!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leeds Road Huddersfield, proper old ground with massive terraces & little alleys surrounding. 2nd by Maine Road, the Kippax stand was immense.
  • Options
    In England:

For atmosphere:

St Andrews
    Maine Road
    Fratton Park

For Stadium:

Hillsborough
    St James (Unbeatable location helps)

I hate any of the new grounds - no atmosphere or history. How the Emirates is getting included i don't know.

Abroad:

Wern't impressed with Nou Camp and I was there for a derby.
    Like the Parken in Copenhagen and Ibrox for traditional look of the ground.
    Maskimir in Croatia for atmosphere.
    Think Germany is the place to be these days for the top grounds in every aspect.
  • Options
    anybody been to the Brittania?

always sounds loud on TV, but ive heard they use microphones etc to enhance the noise (could be just rumours)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]anybody been to the Brittania?

always sounds loud on TV, but ive heard they use microphones etc to enhance the noise (could be just rumours)

Went there when we played them first away game in the Championship after relegation from the Prem. 12,000 people there included a worryingly large number of proper scum who made a racket during a minutes silence following the death of one of their own supporters!

Wasn't impressed by any of it - yet another modern ground far too similar to the Riverside, St Mary's, Leicester, Derby, the list is endless. Fans made a bit of noise, nothing special though. Should think it's noisier than most Premier League grounds but then it's always like that for the first couple of years when a smaller club gets promoted.
  • Options
    For me, always thought Highbury was architecturally very impressive, albeit a bit quiet. Liked Oxford's Manor Ground for it's endearing old-fashionedness and 3 different stands down one side of the pitch. Liked Chesterfield as well, and Brentford, most of the old ones really. Can't stand any of the new ones with exception of Emirates.

Saints, Derby, Colchester, M'boro, Cov, Leicester, Stoke, Reading - all the same with different colour seats, rubbish!

Been to Sevilla's ground, impressive atmosphere, especially as they didn't have any away fans to banter with.
  • Options
    Brading IOW
  • Options
    Here its got to be Old Trafford.....I like Carrow Road for some reason too....Wycombe's ground was alright for a small stadium....shame about the fact that its on a dead end industrial estate.

The Blue Tongue Stadium home of Central Coast Mariners is certainly the prettiest....three sides with one end open....Palm Trees and the bay behind with the sun setting is spectacular. Gosford about 90 mins north of Sydney.

The Sydney Football Stadium is certainly a nice ground, but Ive never seen anymore than about 14,000 in it (holds 45,500) and their fans got on my nerves as they think they are Italian Ultras....The Sydney Swans however, the ground is actually right next door.....even with 25,000 in is pretty awesome....got a feeling they play the cricket there as well.....another well thought out practical ground.
  • Options
    Agree 100% with MrLargo. Ah, Saltergate's terracing and open-air toilets -- and we got a win!
    Also consider the new namings crap
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Got a feeling they play the cricket there as well
    Well it is called the Sydney Cricket Ground!

Seville's is great, you feel very close to the action. Also liked the Berlin Olympic Stadium, despite it's running track.
  • Options
    Nou camp - absolutely awesome.

Strangely enough (although the lack of fans made it souless) i really like the MK Dons stadium last season.