Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky to Spend

Comments

• Options
    Mooney would be fine as a no3 striker, as would lisbie, its the 1 and 2 striker that will make us or not.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Strikers tried by Parky so far:- Burton, Dickson, McLeod, Forster, Tuna, Kandol, Mooney, Akpo, Bauza, Thorvaldsson and Fleetwood. None have looked like scoring regularly despite mostly using two wingers, perhaps because only Kandol and Akpo have any aerial presence. Thats a lot of forwards in 18 months picking the side. We again look like using two wingers, so I hope PP buys wisely.
  • Options
    I hope Thorvaldsson gets a couple more pre-season games, would like to see more of him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I still think we are a Big Fish in a small Pond at this level & lots of players would love to sign for a club like us even though we are at one of our lowest ebbs, Still think we could & should be looking to get someone decent in up front. The names mentioned in this Thread thus far have all been not of the standard I would be hoping for. (You know it's gonna be Lisbie) Booo
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I dread to think of the reaction on here if one of the signings is Lisbie!

Why the negativity? At this level he's a formidable player. It's just that he wasn't a good enough striker in the PL. Even there, I think he'd have done a job on the right wing.

Well that's certainly the first time i've ever heard Lisbie described as 'formidable'. He's a decent striker yes but it's psychological. At the first sound of a boo (and there would be boo's) he'd go into his shell, confidence would drain and we'd have a hopeless striker on our books again.
    He scored less goals than Bailey last season so he's hardly prolific anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Strikers tried by Parky so far:- Burton, Dickson, McLeod, Burton, Forster, Tuna, Kandol, Mooney Akpo, Bauza, Thorvaldsson and Fleetwood. None have looked like scoring regularly despite mostly using two wingers, perhaps because only Kandol and Akpo have any aerial presence. Thats a lot of forwards in 18 months picking the side. We again look like using two wingers, so I hope PP buys wisely.

That's a bit of an unfair criticism. All those may have played, but Parky has definitely played the best of those more often than the poor ones - all of which have been moved on after proving they weren't up to it.

1. Burton - the best striker in that 18 month period, and used the most (signed by Parky)
    2. Dicko - rightly moved on after poor performances and lack of ability (Pardew)
    3. McLeod - given a chance but wasn't good enough and had disciplinary problems (Pardew)
    4. Forster - scored twice in 1-0 wins, average loan spell overall (Parky)
    5. Mooney - the marmite player. Probably best for him that he doesn't come back (Parky)
    6. Akpo - can be a 'world beater' (!!!) - Yeovil away - but more often than not looks average (Parky)
    7. Fleetwood - did very little whilst out on loan, and we rightly cut our losses (Pardew)
    8. Tuna - cannot judge after a few appearances
    9. Bauza - ditto
    10. Thorvaldsson - ditto

So the only ones out of those you could really complain about are Mooney and Akpo. Some would complain we shouldn't have persisted with them for so long, others would say why haven't we signed Mooney permanently.
  • Options
    Agree with dabos, Parky has only signed 2 of those permanently, we've not seen what he might come up with when he has a fee to spend.

Looks like Lisbie could be signing for Millwall
  • Options
    I think that might just be a rehashed story from a little while ago where Lisbie said that. I'm sure Jackett came back and said he wasn't intrested in signing him.

That means he nailed on to sign for Millwall this afternoon.
  • Options
    Maybe, but there must be clubs looking at Lisbie. While Keane's there he won't play for Ipswich.
  • Options
    Lisbie on Loan? could be possible.... no fee then and if Keano does not want him why not..... would still leave some funds to spend...also the boy Raul from Madrid is available on a freebie...
  • Options
    still rather have Eastwood.

I wonder if Cov would sell and for how much?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]still rather have Eastwood.

I wonder if Cov would sell and for how much?

agree but I reckon more than we can afford. Unless you know different of course.
  • Options
    Parky's got money to spend..?

He must have had the bonus ball up...

At this stage of the season anyone who's anyone is already with someone, don't think were gonna get a big name now...
  • Options
    if I knew different I wouldn't be posting it on here

; - )
  • Options
    Clint Eastwood ut of retirment to play soccer?
  • Options
    As I posted on the rumours thread Coventry have been busy in the transfer market forward wise.

Eastwood seems to be one of these players that never quite cuts it at Championship level. He is however, proven at League 1 level. If they are looking to loan him for a season I'd take him quite happily.
  • Options
    Eastwood would be quality
  • Options
    Eastwood has played in coventry's pre-season games and he has scored a couple - so it doesn't look like they want rid of him.
  • Options
    Why are we assuming they even want rid of Eastwood?
    They signed O'Donovan and Jutkiewitz but Morrison has left.
    And McSheffrey is a left winger. So who else do they have up front besides Eastwood as with him they only have 3 strikers.
  • Options
    Eastwood being allowed out on loan was kicking about last week, he's not a Championship striker, but at this level he's dynamite, and I'll love to get him, horse and cart and all for a season.
  • Options
    Wonder if RM's comment about paying some money to 'prise' a player away from a club means a loan fee?

That could be Eastwood if Coventry are debating whether to let him go??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eastwood is just a player I think fits the gap we have. Snaps up chances made for him and can create his own, takes a free kick, pacey and local.

Is he available or affordable? No idea.
  • Options
    Le Fondre
  • Options
    What about that Lisbie fella?
  • Options
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=27373&headline=Charlton

Should be news soon, as decisions will be made on trialists and the budget.
    CHARLTON manager Phil Parkinson is due to meet chairman Richard Murray today to thrash out the final details of the club’s summer transfer policy.

Murray this week agreed a buyout deal for the Addicks, which will see him take overall control at The Valley.

That ends months of uncertainty over the club’s budget, and today's talks are expected to produce definitive answers for Parkinson on who he can bring to SE7 and how much he can spend on new recruits’ wages.
    “I’m meeting the chairman for a sit-down and to have a talk about things,” said Parkinson.

“In the meeting we’ll be discussing what happens regarding players, including those we’ve got on trial.

“The chairman is trying to help me. Things are still tight financially but both of us are working every hour God sends to take the club forward.”
  • Options
    Crikey I hope we're a bit further down the line with new signings than setting the budget.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Crikey I hope we're a bit further down the line with new signings than setting the budget.

I agree entirely.
  • Options
    Of the triallists I am assuming that we are only genuinelly interested in Mulley, Bauza, Marshall and possibly Fortune.

I'm sure the board/manager have agood idea of what sort of contract each player would require.

Hopefully it will be a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's for those.

In terms of new signings such as Vine, Eastwood or whoever, we must have made approaches, probably tenative and Parky & Murray need to thrash out whether the budget allows us to persue the targets identified.
  • Options
    Hopefully we'll have targets 'A' and 'B'. Now the mini takeover as it were has been done we can move for targets A, and if not we would've moved for targets B.
  • Options
    Reading it again, Parky never mentions the budget there, perhaps that's not what he meant. I'd imagine they've made contact with our targets clubs or agents by now.
  • Options
    I'm sure talks with targets are at an advanced stage - just thought we'd see at least a couple of players already signed up this week.
    I guess the main thing is the club's future looks brighter following RM's announcement.
    A big chunk of his time must have been spent on sorting that out.