Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin O'Neill resigns

merry go round starting early this year.

Comments

• Options
    curbs?
  • Options
    source? cant see it anywhere
  • Options
    possibly means that not only are they selling Milner to Man City, but the Ashley Young to Spurs rumour is true !

Can't imagine that would've pleased him !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]source? cant see it anywhere

I dreamt it.
  • Options
    That is a Joe Cocker.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]possibly means that not only are they selling Milner to Man City, but the Ashley Young to Spurs rumour is true !

Can't imagine that would've pleased him !

Possibly some truth in Young going as well, as O' Neill would've known all summer it was likely that Milner would go, so why wait until now?
  • Options
    England manager within a month?
  • Options
    Villa will regret this!
  • Options
    Bet Mark Hughes wishes he'd waited a few weeks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]Bet Mark Hughes wishes he'd waited a few weeks
    So do Fulham!
  • Options
    Charlton's new manager? You heard it here first.

Copyright J Ackworth
  • Options
    I am in a mischievous mood, McLeish for VIlla? can you imagine the riots, would be very funny.
  • Options
    Hesky player-manager
  • Options
    Letting the best young manager in the country go just because you want to cash in on some players. This will prove to be a terrible move. He's worked absolute wonders there.
  • Options
    He didn't seem to bothered about Milner wanting to go when he's been interviewed so I doubt it's that, shouldn't be either as 18m + Ireland is an incredible deal for Villa. Maybe it is Young leaving.
  • Options
    No real surprise he has gone, just the timing of it so close to the start of the new season.

He should have quit at the end of last season as it was obvious then all was not well behind the scenes.
  • Options
    Curbs is bookies favourite...
  • Options
    MoN is also 2/1 favourite for the England job...
  • Options
    Yep, I think I may put a couple of quid on Curbs for this one.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They've already gone on record as saying the next England manager will be English so I can't see him being it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]They've already gone on record as saying the next England manager will be English so I can't see him being it.

But if they really believe that being English was important, why hasn't Capello been sacked?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]They've already gone on record as saying the next England manager will be English so I can't see him being it.[/quote]

But if they really believe that being English was important, why hasn't Capello been sacked?

a new contract and £6 million a year, might have something to do with it perhaps!............
  • Options
    You'd have thought if Capello was gonna be sacked, it would have happened already. Not sure on it being Curbs either, it's rare enough that the 1st favourite gets the job. Interesting to see if O'Neill left because of that Young rumuour or that he wouldn't get any of that Milner money to spend.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]a new contract and £6 million a year, might have something to do with it perhaps!............

Quite, but to give him that new contract shows that his nationality wasn't a factor.
  • Options
    Blimey. A few clubs will be daydreaming about having MON in charge...the Villa fans must be gutted.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mancini got the tin tack and MON was in charge of the blue half of Manchester by the weekend....to be reunited with Milner!

Stranger things have happened; the city chairman has an itchy trigger finger and MON is one of the best mangers around, no question.

You never know....
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    MON is overrated

Boring football is his problem. Just because he wears glasses people think he's a scholar. I just think he's a jumped up twat!
  • Options
    Swisdom, remind me how many of the clubs he has managed are doing better since he left them
  • Options
    Wycombe has a good crop of players when he was there.

Leicester he did well with - but there was a rather direct style of play there

Celtic and rangers are cyclical. It's rangers turn right now. There were lots of Celtic fans moaning about the style of play

Villa have spent a lot on good young English players and had a few come through the academy. So have Spurs and they finished higher.

I'm not saying he's a BAD manager - but he's not the second coming of Christ as our press like to make out!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]a new contract and £6 million a year, might have something to do with it perhaps!............

Quite, but to give him that new contract shows that his nationality wasn't a factor.

They gave him a new contract, or rather, amended the terms of the original deal so as to remove a break clause, as they were wary of Inter sniffing around a manager they were convinced would add to his CV at the world cup.

Unfortunately for both parties, particularly the FA as Capello has another £6mil and a CV that reads better than any still working manager on the planet besides probably Mourinho, Ferguson, Ancelotti and Van Gaal to fall back on, they got burnt.