Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

who the Beeeep

13»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I echo what is said above, England were truly abject that day and I can't remember any game where one player has single-handedly carried an entire team for 90 minutes. Sod the Argentina penalty, that was his finest hour (and a half) in an England shirt. We still beat Germany in Germany to get in the position we were in.[/quote]

It makes me laugh how people always bring up that GREECE game as the clincher to their argument, are there many other games you could mention that Beckham played so well for 90 minutes to be the best player of his generation? By the way, best ambassador / role model is a totally different argument.[/quote]

You have totally not understood anything most people have written.
    Nobody has said he is the best player of a generation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]You have totally not understood anything most people have written.

(In The Emperor's voice): No, my dear friend, I think you'll find it is you who is mistaken, about a great many things...

The very first post on this thread says (QUOTE): arguably our best player of this generation.

I could QUOTE all the overs too but then again you could try reading ALL the posts properly from start to finish!

Cheers.
  • Options
    Knighthood for the performance against Greece?

*Speechless*
  • Options
    Front and back page of the Sun today, the knives are out for Fabio.
  • Options
    Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]You have totally not understood anything most people have written.

(In The Emperor's voice): No, my dear friend, I think you'll find it is you who is mistaken, about a great many things...

The very first post on this thread says(QUOTE): arguably our best player of this generation.

I could QUOTE all the overs too but then again you could try reading ALL the posts properly from start to finish!

Cheers.

lose the attitude fella its embarrasing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

The very first post on this thread says(QUOTE): arguably our best player of this generation.

Cheers.

Ha! Twit!

I hardly think making a quotation in the Emperors voice is having an attitude!

Why do people come onto a public forum if they only expect people to agree with, or fall in line with, what they say?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

Cheers.

Ha! Twit!

I hardly think making a quotation in the Emperors voice is having an attitude!

Why do people come onto a public forum if they only expect people to agree with, or fall in line with, what they say?

Because everything I say is correct, interesting and more valid than anything anybody else has to offer....
  • Options
    Twit?....good one. Just have a decent debate without trying to mug people off or talk down to people. Making yourself look stupid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Twit?....good one. Just have a decent debate without trying to mug people off or talk down to people. Making yourself look stupid.

Does that mean that I have to agree with what you and others say then... never!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, hence why i said have a decent debate.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Twit?....good one. Just have a decent debate without trying to mug people off or talk down to people. Making yourself look stupid.

Ignore him Gary, he has nothing worth reading to say anyway & is clearly looking for a row, perhaps he thinks it makes him look hard.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]

Ignore him Gary, he has nothing worth reading to say anyway & is clearly looking for a row, perhaps he thinks it makes him look hard.

Boring! This is the like the school playground now. I'm off this thread - it's full of back massagers. You lot are embarrassing!
  • Options
    C YA CYRIL!!
  • Options
    Red5 - you might not like Beckham but you can't fault his attitude and commitment to England. If those that played in South Africa had his desire to win we'd have done a lot better.
    And he might not have been the best player of his generation but he's certainly no fool, and played almost 600 games for 3 of the worlds biggest clubs in Man Utd, Real Madrid and AC Milan. Not quite sure why you seem to have such a hatred for the guy.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well said Marco.....

That is the point of Beckham a 'brand' .

He was a good player, in the early days, it is what he has become, to deny his popularity inside and outside of football is both short sighted and divorced from constructive thinking.

He of course has his baggage, his wife and and the glossy lifestyle, but lets admit it, most footballers only try and emulate it and do it with a lot less flair.

George Best always attracted the same sort of criticism, but he was the first of the celeb footballers, his tragic lifestyle overshaddowed his greatness.

To me he was the most gifted footballer I saw, and have seen. Frankly he made others look like park footballers!.

Yes Bobby Charlton , Bobby Moore were great players, Hurst, and so on, but they lacked the charisma, and like Matthews and Finney were great ambassadors of the game, especially Matthews, but outside football his reputation was limited. When Bobby Moore tried to do this it was Vitallis, and Watneys red, hardly world class brands...... and he was slated at the time

You can stick your ' Vitallis up your a***e'. He also had his faults, but then who does not!.. Look at Tiger Woods........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]

Boring! This is the like the school playground now. I'm off this thread - it's full of back massagers. You lot are embarrassing!

School playground - you are the only who turned it into a playground. Have you always posted under Red5?
  • Options
    Uh ho watch out , here comes the deputy head
  • Options
    What a funny thread. Keep it up lads.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]Front and back page of the Sun today, the knives are out for Fabio.[/quote]

That's the only reason that the media are making a big thing out of it. If we had had a storming world cup and Capello was still flavour of the month, the story would have died already.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Farwell sweet prince of our hearts. Cut down in his prime by an evil foreigner, like so many brave boys before him. Nevermore will tabloid journos and thickos be able to make you the scapegoat for England's World Cup exits. RIP.

Whenever I think of your handsome face, I just cry and cry. I only hope you're sticking it to the nanny in a better place now (California).
  • Options
    can tell the schools are on holiday some of the bollox on here is stoopid..

Beckham in my mind is one of the best England players of my generation

i would put him alongside

Lineker,Gazza,Owen,Beckham the only 4 world class players that i have witnessed live and in the flesh putting on a england shirt

but it is my opinion you can have yours it dont make you right or me right

and it is my opinion that Cappelo and the FA have handled this appalingly
  • Options
    nla, would you have Shearer in there if your going to have Owen?...30 goals in 63 appearances.
  • Options
    when i picked them i picked them on the basis that they achieved at the top for club and country

Shearer took the easy option signing for the toon.

lineker at Barca was impressive

Gazza at Lazio was equally as good

Owen goal per game ratio at Real was Amazing

Beckham at Real, AC, man utd playing top notch football at 3 of the biggest clubs on the planet

plus what they done for England
  • Options
    The great thing about the Greece match was that the Germany game had finished a couple of minutes earlier just as the referee was awarding a free kick to England they were busy doing a lap of honour believing that they'd secured an automatic qualification for the world cup, then up stepped Beckham...
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Carlos scored his wonder free kick without any pressure at all. Beckham had the weight of a country on his shoulders and carried it for 90mins. Then to step up and score from that distance with 20 players in front of him (in the top corner to fckin boot)

Maybe only people who understand that know about football??
  • Options
    I was at that game and we had no clue that Germany had only drawn until the game finished and they announced it. Also I was right behind Beckham and it wasn't that close to the top corner and I couldnt understand why the keeper hadn't moved. Not that I cared too much.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]I was at that game and we had no clue that Germany had only drawn until the game finished and they announced it. Also I was right behind Beckham and it wasn't that close to the top corner and I couldnt understand why the keeper hadn't moved. Not that I cared too much.[/quote]

He's complete **** then, leave it at that.
    Argumentative sod