Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

******-The 2010/11 Football Betting thread-*******

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]not a great wkend for betting ur right but im gonna have a tasty treble on....

Blackburn to beat Wigan
    Sunderland to beat Stoke
    Middlesbrough to beat Palace

7/1

back of the net
  • Options
    what a fucking nightmare
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]what a fucking nightmare

Never bet on Charlton and never bet on the FA cup.
  • Options
    thanks Brighton!

Man U, Celtic, Carlisle, Livingston, Olympiakos and Twente did their bit :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

With that team out I thought I was buying money backing our donkeys against a pub team....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

With that team out I thought I was buying money backing our donkeys against a pub team....
  • Options
    I rarely bet on Charlton, but today was printing money at 5/6.................i thought.

Zeynatta will get it all back
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I rarely bet on Charlton, but today was printing money at 5/6.................i thought.

Zeynatta will get it all back

JT - I'm with you mate.
    I never seem to get Charlton right as a betting medium.

Bad luck with Zenyatta....
  • Options
    That ride on Zenyatta was scandalous. Best horse in the race by a mile, but didn't need to give them a mile head start!
  • Options
    Didn't see the race, but sounds like a shocker along the lines of Dancing Brave in the Derby.

If that is the case then that ride could define Mike Smith's career.
    Sure he must be feeling terrible right now, along with the millions who backed the horse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seriously mate, as a regular race punter the first 2 furlongs you could see she was in trouble - she actually looked like she could have been pulled up, wouldn't settle. But Mike Smith didn't move. Gradually she made the ground back, but with 5f left she was still a good 20 lengths of the pace,turning in Mike Smith was adjusting his goggles! She was travelling sweet but hit a bit of traffic, but he was more concerned about the goggles. Then she picked up 2 out, and i was already celebrating. Line came too quick, but the ride was odd.

No other horse could come back from such a head start and nearly win a classic. When you see it you'll know what i mean.
  • Options
    I know the horse didnt settle that well but he could have easily stayed in touch with pack. The jockey was a cocky pri*k he thought he would coast it which in all honesty he should of but sitting that far back is taking the piss. I was sure he was gonna get there still but with a ride like that he deserved nothing.I'm sure the jockey will be in hiding for the next few months because his cost a lot of people a lot of money.
  • Options
    The winner came off the pace too, but trying to make up 5 or 6 lengths on Blame off the home turn was always likely to be too much.
    Shame to see a great horse beaten in those circumstances.
  • Options
    Got something like 4000/1 at the beggining of the season for Chelsea, Cardiff, Southampton, Port Vale to win their respective leagues. Fiver on that and it's not looking like a bad shout.
  • Options
    4000 to 1 sounds a lot cos I know chelseas and soton were short odds and cardiff wouldn't have been monstrous , are you sure with that price Jolly rob

Btw I think them 3 will come in , haven't looked at league 2
  • Options
    4000 to 1 sounds a lot cos I know chelseas and soton were short odds and cardiff wouldn't have been monstrous , are you sure with that price Jolly rob

Btw I think them 3 will come in , haven't looked at league 2
  • Options
    Anyone doing an accy for tonights fixtures. Was going to chuck a few teams into an accumalator but struggling at the minute.
  • Options
    Acc for tomorrow

Portsmouth
    Reading
    Cardiff
    Bristol Rovers
    Brighton (I think massive odds at 11-10 with blue sq and W hill)

around 35-1

Also fancy Jackson fist goal tomorrow at 25-1 (Blue sq , paddy power)
  • Options
    Portsmouth
    Bournemouth
    Bury
    Chesterfield
    Berwick
    £3.00 pays £35.44

Spurs
    Brentford
    Bristol Rovers
    Sheff Weds
    Yeovil
    £2.00 pays £39.12

6 weeks since an Accie came in......
  • Options
    West ham v Blackpool
    Wolves v Bolton
    Forest v Qpr
    Reading v Norwich

All to draw £2 pays £258. All should be pretty close games. Only 1 worrying me is forest v qpr
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had £3 e/w on JJ first goal. Very lovely £108 to top off the perfect result. Wish I could snap up a tenners worth of 25/1 for next week already! Probably shoot down to 8/1
  • Options
    Fecking wolves. If only they had scored 1 more.
  • Options
    Get in Jackson, had £10 at 25-1 with bluesq.
  • Options
    got a 6 match (30/1) goals galore bet up with 25 mins still left.

newcastle let me down in a 20/1 treble with stoke and bolton.
  • Options
    Was out in Liverpool Saturday, a mate got paid out on a Goals Galore bet worth 390 quid even though it didn't come in.

Went into Coral with 2 slips, one had come in for 250, and the other had lost. Handed the 2 over and asked if they could check them, after a long wait they suddenly paid him out 640 quid! He quietly walked out, then legged it once outside. What a mistake from a bookie, unheard of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Was out in Liverpool Saturday, a mate got paid out on a Goals Galore bet worth 390 quid even though it didn't come in.

Went into Coral with 2 slips, one had come in for 250, and the other had lost. Handed the 2 over and asked if they could check them, after a long wait they suddenly paid him out 640 quid! He quietly walked out, then legged it once outside. What a mistake from a bookie, unheard of.

can only think the barcode is a duplicate or been read wrong. some poor sods gonna walk in and try and collect his winnings only for the bookie to tell him he's already had it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Was out in Liverpool Saturday, a mate got paid out on a Goals Galore bet worth 390 quid even though it didn't come in.

Get in, I do like it when bookies feck up like that.
  • Options
    Does anyone have any other strategies besides these accumulators?

I know about laying the draw and insuring with backing 0-0/no goalscorer. Wondering what other techniques people use though I guess people might be unwilling to share winning formulae :)
  • Options
    There is no such thing as a winning formula, if there was we would all be rich :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]There is no such thing as a winning formula, if there was we would all be rich :)

I should've phrased that a bit differently. 'Winning formula' was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment really, I thought people might have some different strategies. In my experience these accumulators are rarely profitable. Maybe I'm just rubbish at them.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!