Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Basey training with The Gills

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]No he's NOT better than Barnet. And that was my WHOLE point on this!
    Like I said before, Basey looked ok at every level he played out but never stood out. Never had a brilliant game, the likes of Richardson, Dailly and Youga all did.

Glad he's got a club in the FL, but he's got to stand out at that level to find a bigger club. I'm sure he can given time, but will he get a run of games? He's not going to improve and stand out being a squad player anywhere.

Interesting to see the Barnet OS calls him a centre back or left back. Every other club seemed to call him a left back.
  • Options
    his level is as a L1/2 squad member and he's found it.....

good luck to him, hope it works out
  • Options
    Good luck to him. I imagine he wishes he accepted our offer of a reduced contract now. I Don't mean that snidely. I wish he had accepted our contract offer.
  • Options
    Good luck Grant, hopefully he get's the chance to play cd. Against Barnet last season at cd he was a revelation.

He has the talent in the center to be a good champ player. But does he have the commitment and attitude?
  • Options
    Left Underhill on crutches the other day, unsure how long he will be out but apparantly he had done well in his previous games.

Divided opinion here but too good for lower league 2 imho.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]I wish he had accepted our contract offer.

Really ? We probably couldn't have afforded either Fry or Jackson if he had. I like to see young players coming through, but unfortunately part of that process is that some of them wont make the grade and will have to drop down to continue their careers. Basey seemed to have Charlton in his veins, but so do I and that doesn't make me deserving of a contract either !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]I wish he had accepted our contract offer.

Really ? We probably couldn't have afforded either Fry or Jackson if he had. I like to see young players coming through, but unfortunately part of that process is that some of them wont make the grade and will have to drop down to continue their careers. Basey seemed to have Charlton in his veins, but so do I and that doesn't make me deserving of a contract either !!

Is Fry any better than Basey? No idea what the difference (if any) in wages would've been.