Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Francis

Comments

• Options
    Not sue with Francis, although he does need more games until we can pass fair judgement. I feel for Solly though, what does he have to do to get a run in the side?
  • Options
    He's certainly no Akpo!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cblock[/cite]That's the way, lets slag him off before he's match fit, and really destoy his confidence. Up the addicks[/quote]

If he really is not match fit why play him when there is a more than adequate replacement? There is a big difference between 'slagging off' a player and noticing that the player didn't have a good game. And if we notice that he had a poor game why is it poor taste to talk about it on a CAFC chat site?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: cblock[/cite]That's the way, lets slag him off before he's match fit, and really destoy his confidence. Up the addicks[/quote]

If he really is not match fit why play him when there is a more than adequate replacement? There is a big difference between 'slagging off' a player and noticing that the player didn't have a good game. And if we notice that he had a poor game why is it poor taste to talk about it on a CAFC chat site?[/quote]
  • Options
    I must admit I watched him at Orient and yesterday and he was weak.The cross he done at Orient and the two tackles he won yesterday show that there must be something there.He has a physical presence which he is not utilising.I agree he should be going up for corners and not taking them.As to fullbacks having to be tall I do not agree.Evra ,Konchesky ,the two Brazilian Manu brothers.The list is endless.In any case he missed a few headers yesterday.Im not sure but didn't his player knock it down and then the Doc headed away in their goal?
    I would give him a few more games.Solly will still be an important assett this year.There have been numerous players that took long to gel in.I will always remember what stick,and rightly so,Mark Aizlewood took when we bought him.Luckily we stuck by him and the rest is history.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I wondered who was going to be the next player to get slagged off and take the mantle of the new Boo Boy.
    Give the guy a chance that was his FIRST home game for Christ sake .
    Some of our fans don't deserve to support Charlton.

And that includes YOU Uncle.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    Some of our fans don't deserve to support Charlton.[/quote]

Oh, OK then, I'll stop supporting Charlton if it will make you happy!
  • Options
    I agree beds I don't want to see Francis not given a chance

But I reckon the biggest gripe is going to be because he has replaced solly I said at the time that not only was it the wrong choice at the time it was going to put Francis in the firing line if he fell below par

I don't think he is a bad player I reckon he needs to be a hell of a lot sharper and that will only come through matches

And I think solly was at the required level already and that parky has put Francis in this situation when he didn't have to

Solly has prob lost that edge now so we are weaker for that decision
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]I wondered who was going to be the next player to get slagged off and take the mantle of the new Boo Boy.
    Give the guy a chance that was his FIRST home game for Christ sake .
    Some of our fans don't deserve to support Charlton.

Whats your problem? From what i can gather and yes i was there, no one was booing him. We are having a discussion on a charlton forum which in all honesty is what its meant for. We are being asked what we thought and people are expressing their opinion, why that means they shouldn't support Charlton is beyond me. Maybe some people dont deserve to go on Charlton Life for Christ sake.
  • Options
    do think that some posters struggle to differentiate between ''he had a bad game'' and ''he is a crap player''.

One bad, or good, game and some are too quick to write off or big up a player.

Already waggy, solly and macca have been written off by some this season and shelvey got it last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So far he has looked off the pace but this is hardly surprising seeing as he missed the whole of pre season. If he still looks like this in 2 months then I may start to think Parky may have got it wrong, until then I live in hope that Parky has got another signing right.
  • Options
    Well I remember thinking that John Humphries was crap when he first joined us from Wolves....how wrong was that! Also Luke Young was average at best in his first season and then turned it on to win Englnd caps. I gather Francis won the Southend POTY award so he must be pretty good. His height will be an asset when he gets fit.
  • Options
    There are plenty of right backs about who Parky could have got for free or similar money to Francis, the fact Parky spent a fair amount of time pursuing Francis surely says that he is decent and Parky had done his homework. Harsh to judge him on one bad performance especially considering lack of match time/fitness.

Was very unimpressed yesterday but it is one game and excusable. Next week however Huddersfield will be a big test for the back four so we need Francis to up his game.
  • Options
    TBF I'm judging him on 3 bad games. However, I think he's allowed 10 games before we can have any sort of certainty.
  • Options
    thought he was very poor yesterday, distribution awful, but because we paid 35k he must be better than Solly (even though he was MOM against Bournemouth).
  • Options
    Francis was named as MOTM in the Sun and even made the league one team of the week!
  • Options
    Solly is better... FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Francis was named as MOTM in the Sun and even made the league one team of the week!

Well he certainly wasn't man of the match but he also wasn't as bad as some people are saying. I notice Racon isn't getting slaughtered like Francis is, and he was far far worse. Reid was our best player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Solly is better... FACT

Not FACT it's your opinion.
  • Options
    Lol You don't know how the forum 'FACT' works... FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Francis was named as MOTM in the Sun and even made the league one team of the week![/quote]

Well he certainly wasn't man of the match but he also wasn't as bad as some people are saying. I notice Racon isn't getting slaughtered like Francis is, and he was far far worse. Reid was our best player.[/quote]

Attacking poor Racon like that. You don't deserve to support Charlton. LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Francis was named as MOTM in the Sun and even made the league one team of the week!

Well he certainly wasn't man of the match but he also wasn't as bad as some people are saying. I notice Racon isn't getting slaughtered like Francis is, and he was far far worse. Reid was our best player.

Who did Racon keep out of the team? Was there another option on the bench who may have reasonably been expected to do a better job than Racon?

I'm giving Francis plenty of matches before I judge him as a player (more than most gave Solly), but if he's playing badly then it's reasonable to say so.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Lol You don't know how the forum 'FACT' works... FACT

Haha.....Dazzler!
  • Options
    Just as I said to my brother that Parky should take him off and put Solly on, Francis started to play a lot better. Solly is young and Parky probably wants to bring him through slowly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]

Attacking poor Racon like that. You don't deserve to support Charlton. LOL

touche
  • Options
    He heard u by the sound of it LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Lol You don't know how the forum 'FACT' works... FACT

I do now lol
  • Options
    Whilst he wasn't exactly outstanding i think it's a bit harsh to criticise him already. He hasn't had a pre-season, can't be match fit yet and he hasn't been at fault for any goals that i can think of. I'm not including Shrewsbury as that was a make-shift side in a cup we don't care about.
  • Options
    i am open to him improving though solly had a solid start and was dropped more a parky issue than a Francis one I guess!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Haha.....Dazzler!

Dont you just hate the school Holidays