Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Q & A with Christian Dailly and Gary Doherty - 14/9/10

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]this site has even organised a poker night for same day! So can people just turn up on night?
    If I'd realised that this was on we'd have suggested another night for the poker. As I'm only a member of Bromley Branch I only knew of their events. Sorry to all who would have wanted to do both.
  • Options
    Great me an tavern will go to add to numbers. Christian deserves a bit more than 60 people.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Great me an tavern will go to add to numbers. Christian deserves a bit more than 60 people.

Exactly Curb It, i'll do my best to get out and get down there.
  • Options
    have to say that I now have little or no interest in such meetings. Used to go all the time esp when a Manager or Coach was guest. I've got fed-up with them now and being given misinformation and what they think the fans want to hear. Think meetings at The Valley don't work very well either for some reason. The better one's I 've been to recently have been at Bromley or NWK.
  • Options
    Yes can see your point if it were parkinson but think Christian and his cracked eye socket are a little different.
  • Options
    Didn't think it was particularly well-promoted in the programme - not exactly a rousing call to action.

If I lived nearby, I'd definitely get along- after all, Dailly is making the effort with a pretty serious injury!

B, you have permission to kiss him better from me ;-)
  • Options
    I'll be there with a couple of others. If dailly's eye socket is still causing him jip, he may not be too disappointed with the numbers as he may have double vision
  • Options
    I hope as many of you as possible can be there tomorrow. As members of the supporters branches know, these meetings take alot of organising. Use them or lose them im afraid.
  • Options
    Graham Stuart will be there!lol
  • Options
    edited September 2010
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Email Wendy Perfect if you wants tickets set aside for later.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Meetings at The Valley tend to have a different atmosphere to branch meetings, IMO. This is partly because of the space and partly because at branches people tend to know each other, whereas at The Valley they tend to draw a wider group. The meetings we held at Hall Place in 2005 worked very well, however.

I think people have strange ideas about the likely turnout tonight. It's a Q&A and people attend if they are interested and not otherwise. We don't need clarion calls to action on the one hand or to justify why there aren't queues around the block on the other. It's just how it is. It really doesn't matter either way. The important thing is that the offer is there for those who wish to participate and that they know it is there.
  • Options
    Right, late decision, gonna go. See you down the Curb It / Tav.

Dailly and Doherty have had pretty full careers and should be good value.

Anyone else already going / can be talked into going ?
  • Options
    Can't go but hope it goes well.

Take some notes someone
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Can't go but hope it goes well.
    Playing Poker H?

:)
  • Options
    I'm going tonight. Not sure what to expect but it's good of Doc and Dailly to give up their spare time for us (especially Dailly who I'm sure would rather be watching Man Utd v Rangers on telly).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Zinedine Bagheri[/cite]I'm going tonight. Not sure what to expect but it's good of Doc and Dailly to give up their spare time for us (especially Dailly who I'm sure would rather be watching Man Utd v Rangers on telly).

Except he's from Dundee ;-)
  • Options
    is Bartrams open anyone know? Since doors dont open till 7pm upstairs. i dont know what time im getting out of work and its irrtating to have to walk up hill and wait to come back down again 30 mins later.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Zinedine Bagheri[/cite]I'm going tonight. Not sure what to expect but it's good of Doc and Dailly to give up their spare time for us (especially Dailly who I'm sure would rather be watching Man Utd v Rangers on telly).

Wherever he's from Weegie (it's always you who picks up on stuff I write) ;-)

I didn't say he was a Rangers fan, I'm just commending him for choosing to sit in front of 60 Charlton fans answering questions rather than being at home with his feet up watching his former team mates playing at Old Trafford in the Champions League. Hopefully it will be fairly interesting.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]is Bartrams open anyone know? Since doors dont open till 7pm upstairs. i dont know what time im getting out of work and its irrtating to have to walk up hill and wait to come back down again 30 mins later.

I called and been told Bartrams is already shut, in case anyone was going to meet a pal there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Zinedine Bagheri[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Zinedine Bagheri[/cite]

Wherever he's from Weegie (it's always you who picks up on stuff I write) ;-)

Sorry - didn't realise that. Not stalking you, honest... ;-)
    Enjoy the evening and do pass on my best wishes to the lovely Christian.
  • Options
    Great evening attended by Doherty, Dailly and Carl Jenkinson who had played for the reserves this afternoon. There was so much covered that I am going to miss more than I relate here but I am sure others will fill the gaps.

Dailly comes over really well as the captain and really sounds like he is a future managerial. It sounds like he gives players lots of advice (not just now but throughout his career) gave advice to Michael Carrick when he was at West Ham and was being booed. When Joe Ayinsah was on trial he thought the management did not like him because they made him do lots of extra work, Dailly said to him that they liked him, other triallists came in and went out, whereas Joe was being put through his paces.

Dailly had 3 plates put in his face he now has six plates,the operation went well and he may be back quicker than expected,the surgeon said the operation went well.

Dailly and Doherty don't think referees understand the off side rules and are not sure themselves, Dailly would like to know what a foul is. Dailly had not been sent off for 11 years prior to Orient, he did not think he should be sent off. The tackle looked worse than it was and only looked bad because his foot got caught in the grass. Once playing for Rangers reserves, he flew up to Glasgow on Easy Jet,go there late, quickly warmed up, went out and played caught the opponent with an elbow and was sent off after 20 seconds.

Kelly Youga has trained today, Dailly felt he was a big miss last season and a big character on the pitch, he can play at any level, he will be back, he is fit and once he is sorted will comeback quickly.

In no particular order, Doherty does not have outside interests likes music but nothing specific, does not go to concerts. Dailly likes going to concerts recently went to the V festival was standing at the front but cups full of pee were being thrown and he decided to go towards the back. He was watching a girl on somebody's shoulders boogying away (my words not his) and realised it was his 16 year old daughter. Dailly does not cook and was impressed Doherty cooks for himself,Carls mum cooks for him he lives at home. Dailly's 13 year old daughter cooked spaghetti bolognese for the family recently. Carl plays golf with a group of the lads including Tamer 2 days a week.

Carl is finding the training less strenuous following the step up from the academy. He has been with Charlton for 11 years, had approaches from other clubs but wanted to come to charlton. He is a finish U18 international, his mum is finish.

Dailly and Doherty both talked very highly of Parkie, Dailly said he had told Murray in the summer that Parkie was going to do something really good as a manager and he wanted to be part of it. Dailly was here last season to get promotion, and is here to get promotion this season and thinks we will be in with a good chance.

Both players think martin offers us something different and could be the player to unlock defences. We now have more pace up front, benson will score lots of goals this season.

Sure there is more but thats topline off top of my head
  • Options
    oh yes Dailly expects us to get a few 3-0 and 4-0 victories this season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]oh yes Dailly expects us to get a few 3-0 and 4-0 victories this season

Cuckoo ;-)

Thanks for the feedback Kap.
    Interesting that somebody as experienced as Dailly sees something in Parky.
  • Options
    Thanks for that Kap.
  • Options
    cheers kap

did B kiss him or did he run away with Tav
  • Options
    Wish I'd been there now...
  • Options
    Pathetic attempt at feedback kap10, must do better!

Seriously, thanks for that, all interesting. Hope others can add more.

What was the turnout like?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Pathetic attempt at feedback kap10, must do better!

Seriously, thanks for that, all interesting. Hope others can add more.

What was the turnout like?

turnout was about the level that was anticipated around 30 - 50 ish, but Airman will have a better idea.

Did not see anyone going for a kiss,but Dailly's craggy looks or the prospect of a mouth ful of metal plates was too much for them.

Dailly was asked about going into management, he said he just wanted to focus on his football and had not thought about "what next", sounds like he is very committed to playing, said he had been asked to do some media work for scottish radio,but had turned down because he was only interested in focussing on playing. Trains a lot,and has to control himself to not over train. Understands fans thinking players should train 9-5,but it would not be good and would result in over training.

Compared Parkies style and POTENTIAL to some top managers that he had played for- Walter Smith, Jim Smith
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Dailly's 13 year old daughter cooked spaghetti bolognese for the family recently

did she make her own sauce or cheat and buy a jar of it ?

seriously, thanks for the feedback, appreciated.