Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Q & A with Christian Dailly and Gary Doherty - 14/9/10

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]has a player at any of these events ever come out and said the manager is wank
    I doubt it, but if they were happy with the manager i doubt they would be as positive as dailly was. There is a big difference between "yeah he's ok'' and ''i told richard murray that parkie is going to do something really good as a managr and i want to be part of it''
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]has a player at any of these events ever come out and said the manager is wank
    I doubt it, but if they were happy with the manager i doubt they would be as positive as dailly was. There is a big difference between "yeah he's ok'' and ''i told richard murray that parkie is going to do something really good as a managr and i want to be part of it''
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

Yeah I agree, you have to take things with a certain amount of caution - there has to be a certain amount of 'towing the party line', but I didn't feel like I was being bulshitted. Doherty was fairly circumspect in what he said saying "well I've only been here a few weeks" and Dailly wasn't gushing or brown nosing, in fact I thought he was quite reserved in what he said - it was positive and complimentary but if he was simply looking to curry favour with the manager I think he could have said more.
  • Options
    Reading the thread it seems to me that the problem isn't the venue, after all everyone knows where it is and there's ample safe parking on site but the lack of a local SC to make it work.

The other SC meetings seem to have good turnouts for the Q&A sessions with players/managers etc but they are established and people know each other and can have a chat about the club, catch up with old mates etc. I doubt that the average distance travelled by members of BA is any less than that travelled by those who went last Tuesday. If the Greenwich SC branch was active then you'd have on your doorstep a decent quorum of people to make an event like this successful.
  • Options
    Most if not all the other groups would probably consider 50 a reasonable turnout for a player meeting. The angst around last Tuesday is only because the meeting took place at The Valley. It's the same kind of logic that led to Floyd's, as it originally was.
  • Options
    I've been on holiday so only just seen this thread and having never been to one, just wondered how long do they last for?
    Curb It mentioned a reluctance to book a venue because of the minimum spend of £500. But this would only require 50 people to buy 3 pints. Surely everyone who goes would do that and some probably more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I've been on holiday so only just seen this thread and having never been to one, just wondered how long do they last for?
    Curb It mentioned a reluctance to book a venue because of the minimum spend of £500. But this would only require 50 people to buy 3 pints. Surely everyone who goes would do that and some probably more.

But if they don't then it's Curb-it who has to stump up. That's a lot to ask one individual to do.