Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

benson apparently passes medical **Signs for undisclosed fee, on OS**

Comments

• Options
    I think this will work, but an undisclosed fee for a 30 year old...
  • Options
    we need to start creating chances now
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]I think this will work, but an undisclosed fee for a 30 year old...
    Means we don't know how much he cost. It usually means neither club wants to reveal as there will be some disappointed. I don't even think we have paid 6 figures up front...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]I think this will work, but an undisclosed fee for a 30 year old...

think the undisclosed bit is for Dagenham more than us.
  • Options
    Welcome aboard Mr Benson and here's to success for us all. You are at a big club now so it's your chance to shine!
  • Options
    Good news. Now, all I ask is that the doubters give him a game or two before writing him off completely.

Welcome to the club Benno. Some of our fans are freaks, but coming from Dagenham I guess you will be used to that already.
  • Options
    What im saying is..The undisclosed fee will probs be on goals scored.

Say if he scores 20 goals and we don't manage to go up..Could end up having to pay out 150k at the end of the season..That would stop us moving on.

Hope he does well though, all the right signs.
  • Options
    Apparently we've got Joe Anyinsah too.
    Who he?
  • Options
    Guy who I've done some work with used to play for Daggers along side Benson.

As I said before he rates him

He also said last week that he'd been told the deal was £60k per year for three years plus add ons. May not be true and the deal may have changed.

Also that he was getting a 33% pay rise from £1500 pw to £2,000 pw week.

So he's costing us just over £3k pw. great deal if he put the ball in the net, total waste if he doesn't.
  • Options
    great news well done parky and murray! i like the sound of benno loyal player and person hope he scores loads! wecome to the club benno and good luck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome to Charlton Benno!
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pGWe8P23Nk&feature=related welcome to Charlton Benno. Have a look at this goal!
  • Options
    From a dagger to a sword,hope he's sharp enough to cut through the oppositions defences!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GNelson[/cite]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pGWe8P23Nk&feature=relatedwelcome to Charlton Benno. Have a look at this goal!

I think that is the guy I know, Lee Goodwin, hoofing it forward to the corner.
  • Options
    Apparently benno trained as an accountant. Lets hope he EXCELS with us.

Beat you to it Oggy.
  • Options
    Maybe he could also 'do a job' in the accounts dept??

Type of versatility Curbs' would've loved. . . . .
  • Options
    Paul Williams was training as an accountant when we signed him from a team in the East of London, Woodford Town.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: agim[/cite]Scores goals (ok at lower levels) but IMHO a goal scorer will always be a goal scorer. [/quote]

Chris Dickson.

Presumably Benson won't play tomorrow, but hopefully he will be paraded in front of both fans before the game or at half time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Paul Williams was training as an accountant when we signed him from a team in the East of London, Woodford Town.

Which must be a sign of something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10, I fully expect Benson to play tomorrow as the sooner he gets his first goal this season the better. Tomorrow will be good timing, as it will get him used to playing with a new bunch of players, and then he'll be better primed for the more important game on Saturday.
  • Options
    Haven't read the whole thread but I understand people's concerns. However, let's not judge him on the fee - he had no say in that and sounds like a decent bloke with good values. Let's be patient and get right behind him while we learn his strengths and see if it's something we want to adapt to. Again, PLEASE DON'T JUDGE HIM ON THE FEE ALONE.
  • Options
    What fecking fee, it's undisclosed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Paul Williams was training as an accountant when we signed him from a team in the East of London, Woodford Town.

Yes, a plus sign :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]

Yes, a plus sign :-)

Only time will tell if we make a profit from this deal or a loss
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Kap10, I fully expect Benson to play tomorrow as the sooner he gets his first goal this season the better. Tomorrow will be good timing, as it will get him used to playing with a new bunch of players, and then he'll be better primed for the more important game on Saturday.

Except he might keep giving the ball away to his old mates...!
  • Options
    Finally this saga has come to an end! I look forward to his debut where no doubt some morons in the north upper will be booing him if he hasn't scored after 5 minutes!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Finally this saga has come to an end! I look forward to his debut where no doubt some morons in the north upper will be booing him if he hasn't scored after 5 minutes!

Yeah im sure they will!
    They never stop booing.
    Its unreal, how dare anyone boo!

I reckon we need some fans to post telling fans what they can and cant do!
    You seem like the man for the job.
    Seeing as you feel so strongly about it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Finally this saga has come to an end! I look forward to his debut where no doubt some morons in the north upper will be booing him if he hasn't scored after 5 minutes!

Yeah im sure they will!
    They never stop booing.
    Its unreal, how dare anyone boo!

I reckon we need some fans to post telling fans what they can and cant do!
    You seem like the man for the job.
    Seeing as you feel so strongly about it.

Sorry, I thought it was you telling people what they can and can't do on another thread earlier - so surely the jobs yours? (Or is that why you are wetting your knickers and looking for a row - because ypou wanted the job that much?)
  • Options
    *gets out the popcorn*