Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players out? (Racon to Greek club ?)

Comments

• Options
    I simply don't get this attitude stinks line. he was sticking his body on the line th same as everyone else at Orient the other night.
  • Options
    His attitude does not stink his argument over LM was that he knows he is not anywhere near his best there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]I simply don't get this attitude stinks line. he was sticking his body on the line th same as everyone else at Orient the other night.

Do you not remember the sulking about playing on the left last year?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]I simply don't get this attitude stinks line. he was sticking his body on the line th same as everyone else at Orient the other night.

Helped set their goal up.
  • Options
    He sulks. If he misplaces a pass he waves his arms around, drops his houlders and blames someone else.

Whenever he is subbed he mopes off the park.

He threw his toys out of his pram when played on the left. (If I was getting £8k a week I'd do what I was told)
  • Options
    Racon is a player you know can do better because at times he has looked top drawer. Unfortuantely as has been pointed out by others- he hasn't really shown that form for some time. You sort of half expect him to turn good again once he has left us but something is wrong with him here and if he goes it won't be a massive loss IMO. It hurts me to say that BTW as I really did rate him.
  • Options
    He's a player who doesn't contribute a huge amount defensively (not through attitude just by the type of player he is) so the question is does he create/score enough. Over the last couple of seasons he's got a very disapointing record of goals/assists and this season hasn't looked like being any different. Will be disapointing to see him go but he doesn't look like kicking on while he's here so it make sense for us to get his wages off the bill.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Racon is a player you know can do better because at times he has looked top drawer. Unfortuantely as has been pointed out by others- he hasn't really shown that form for some time. You sort of half expect him to turn good again once he has left us but something is wrong with him here and if he goes it won't be a massive loss IMO. It hurts me to say that BTW as I really did rate him.

That's exactly how i see it.

I'm more concerned about lack of cover there to be honest. People point to Jackson, but im not sure he has the engine for it now and he couldn't secure a centre mid spot at Notts County last season.

As all ageing, overweight Sunday league players will tell you, you don't go from centre mid to full back for no reason.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]

Helped set their goal up.

Mistakes aren't the same as a bad attitude otherwise by that criteria Docherty and Francis also have bad attitudes.
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite][cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]I simply don't get this attitude stinks line. he was sticking his body on the line th same as everyone else at Orient the other night.

The line from Parky was that Racon had said he didn't want to play there. Racon got dropped and Parky said something along the lines of 'he's a good lad really, just needs to have a bit of a think about a few things'. As Parky started playing him again when he had other servicable options in Shelvey and Spring (and given that Parky hasn't been that kean on forgiving a shoddy attitude previously) I've rather assumed that has been treated as an aboration and water under the bridge.

Like I said, I've seen him put in a few decent shifts since then so I don't think it's fair to say his attitude stinks. It might not always be 100%, but he's human and having the odd off day isn't the same as having a terrible attitude
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]If he's on £8K per week, then him leaving pays for Benno (transfer fee plus most of two seasons' wages) in one fell swoop.

I can understand why that's an attractive option.

Would be sorry to see him go, as feels like another one with talent we just couldn't bring out for whatever reason, but needs must.

What Weegie said.

No matter how talented, for one reason or another he doesn't quite seem to fit in.

Players play best in complimentary combinations - Racon and Semedo together was defensively sound but never seems to offer too many attacking options.

There can come a time when a player needs to move on to further his own career - and give the opportunity to change the dynamics of the team he left behind.

Maybe both parties recognise that?

IMO it's apparent also, that Parky seems to be reconstructing the side to deal more effectively with this division - in effect putting together a Third Division team more suited to Third Division matches.

If that policy results in promotion, then having better players for a better division will be the problem for another a day.
    These days there seems to be no shortage of decent players to be had cheaply.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What I have noticed is everyone who wants Racon to stay is generally saying what he might or could do, not what he will do and has done. Assuming cheaper cover is or will become available, even on loan, is it worth £6-8k a week in the hope that Racon will come good?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Racon, when asked to help the squad by moving out to the left, had a hissy fit. Nothing I have seen since has persuaded me that we should keep him.
  • Options
    If the 8 k a week is true it might free up money to get a couple of those Liverpool youngsters in.
  • Options
    In my opinion these last four comments has been spot on. Racon has the quality in him somewhere but never produces, time for both parties to depart. Even though I really rated him before.
    And your right, hopefully it will free up some money to get that Liverpool 'Agreement' started with these loans.
  • Options
    Charlton cannot depart lmao but I agree racon probably should if 8k is right
  • Options
    Racon rarely misplaces a pass, and moves it on quickly. He's also capable of taking players on and moves the ball forward at tempo. He is often the outlet for throws which he contrils immaculately and finds a teammate. Semedo gains plaudits for his defensive work, but all our other midfielders over the past couple of years have been ineffective because of:-
    a) the tendency to play long
    b) lack of support from our defence sitting deep

If he goes we will miss him, Alan Mac isn't half the player and JJ isn't as mobile, so our counter-attacking at speed will suffer.
  • Options
    I don't actually see the problem letting him go if we get the cash and off load wages. I sit behind the dugout and quite a few times when he comes off he has a sulk and seems to think he is better than what he is. Don't get me wrong he started LAST season very well, but he goes missing far too often. The Oldham game at home I did not even see him touch the ball.

I say get another young player in on loan from a prem team (or lower). Look at Tom Cleverly last year at Watford, the talent is out there. We only need them for one season if we get promoted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Racon rarely misplaces a pass, and moves it on quickly. He's also capable of taking players on and moves the ball forward at tempo. He is often the outlet for throws which he contrils immaculately and finds a teammate. Semedo gains plaudits for his defensive work, but all our other midfielders over the past couple of years have been ineffective because of:-

If he goes we will miss him, Alan Mac isn't half the player and JJ isn't as mobile, so our counter-attacking at speed will suffer.

Are you the same guy criticising him on the Huddersfield Post Match thread, when he wasn't even in the team? ;-)
  • Options
    Posted by Harveys Gardener " Alan Mac isn't half the player"

And not on a quarter the money. Not sorry to see TR go and he won't be overly missed.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Racon rarely misplaces a pass, and moves it on quickly. He's also capable of taking players on and moves the ball forward at tempo. He is often the outlet for throws which he contrils immaculately and finds a teammate. Semedo gains plaudits for his defensive work, but all our other midfielders over the past couple of years have been ineffective because of:-

Would agree with this, although I'm not willing to write Ally Mac or JJ off or on yet, I simply haven't seen enough of them.

I think Racon's ability to simply retain possession for us is an under rated ability. It seems a basic skill but it's not something all our players can do. He does need to create and score a few more, but he's always done his job defensively iimo and if we keep the ball they can't score. It sounds like Allie Mac was guilty of surrendering possession too regularly on Saturday for example. Racon wouldn't have made that error that Bailey did vs Swindon either - and that might have been the difference between promotion and failure in the playoffs.

For all the questions about whether Racon can/should do more, I'm yet to be convinced either Mac or JJ will do more than he currently does.

I accept the financial implications, but whether it turns out be a good deal will depend on who we're able to draft by way of a cheaper replacement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If as rumoured he is on 8k well he has to play very well every week, not well occassionally, and above average most weeks.( in fairness that is very hard for most players)

In truth I feel he is more of a Championship player than the circumstances we are in at present, so a very reluctant let him go for me, especially if a few quid is possible......
  • Options
    no goals, very few assists. Bye bye Therry, you won't be missed.

PS In my opinion you have been less than average for your 8k pw.
  • Options
    I was only guessing/ estimating £8k pw by the way - before it becomes gospel ;-)
  • Options
    Don't share the animosity from some, but agree he just hasn't quite delivered often enough. He does sometimes get out of tricky corners with fine skill but again, as Scoham so rightly said, we all seem to be discussing too often what he CAN do or MIGHT do, rather than all the things he has done. It'd be great to receive a decent fee but perhaps just saving the reported wages will provide a big enough financial incentive to sell.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]

Would agree with this, although I'm not willing to write Ally Mac or JJ off or on yet, I simply haven't seen enough of them.

I think Racon's ability to simply retain possession for us is an under rated ability. It seems a basic skill but it's not something all our players can do. He does need to create and score a few more, but he's always done his job defensively iimo and if we keep the ball they can't score. It sounds like Allie Mac was guilty of surrendering possession too regularly on Saturday for example. Racon wouldn't have made that error that Bailey did vs Swindon either - and that might have been the difference between promotion and failure in the playoffs.

For all the questions about whether Racon can/should do more, I'm yet to be convinced either Mac or JJ will do more than he currently does.

I accept the financial implications, but whether it turns out be a good deal will depend on who we're able to draft by way of a cheaper replacement.
    Good post. There's a lot of silly posts here - guessing about his salary and attitude without really knowing either is just daft. I think that people that are greet the news with glee are either missing the point or the kind of people that greet every transfer with glee.

Ooh good news we're getting Lee Cook in and Andy Reid is going out, he's so much slimmer.
  • Options
    Don't think people are guessing about his attitude, more a case of passing on what had been said at a Q&A seesion.
  • Options
    His attitude? He's of French descent FFS, look at their entire WC Squad, they are a bunch of moaners. If Drogba was our player, would you want to get rid of him simply because he sulks?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]His attitude? He's of French descent FFS, look at their entire WC Squad, they are a bunch of moaners. If Drogba was our player, would you want to get rid of him simply because he sulks?
    No, because he does it on the pitch.

Racon hasnt/doesnt.
  • Options
    Nope spoke to both parky and racon about him out wide and he knew others were better out there and that is why he refused. Parky did say racon should have thought more about it though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Don't think people are guessing about his attitude, more a case of passing on what had been said at a Q&A seesion.
    It's still guessing though. The whole not wanting to play on the left-thing was mentioned, but I don't recall anyone saying he had an attitude problem. Sometimes at work I suggest to my boss that we do things a different way: not because I've got an attitude problem, but because I want to do the best job. People take snippets of information and turn them into whole soap operas in their minds.