Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players out? (Racon to Greek club ?)

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]So he's not French, stuck with a bad attitude or on 8k a week or leaving.

What a shitting let down this thread's been

lol

Neatly summed up, mate!
  • Options
    Parky confirmed tonight that the Greek link was absolute rubbish and he had no idea where it came from.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Why guess? Richard Murray stated what the highest paid player was on last year
    Not seen that anywhere, what was it then?
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Very true, whenever people speculate about a players wages a good rule of thumb is to halve the number and you'll probably be in the ball-park area.
    It just doesn't add up to me. The figures are there available online in the annual report, 2009 for the year was around £15m and for 2008 £20m.

A squad of 25 players on £5k a week comes to nowhere near £15m, nevermind £20m. Without checking I'm sure the wage bill in 2007 would have been even higher.
  • Options
    McLeod was the highest paid player on £6/8k wasn't he?

Congrats to Racon and his wife on the preganancy!
  • Options
    Why do people think he couldn't have been on 8K ? I think you'll find its very very possible unless you are privy to his wage slip.
  • Options
    read the EGM thread re the highest wage earners. Three players on 6k pw I think it said. Racon, Semedo and Youga.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Murray said at the EGM that the average wage now is £2k pw while the remaining "high" earners are on roughly 3 times that.

He also said that if we didn't have the three top earners (named as Jose, Kelly and Therry) we'd cut £1m off the wage bill.

That indicates to me that the 3 of them are on £6k to £7k pw.

In my recollection we never paid more than £20k pw basic (not including NI etc) to a player while we were in the Prem.

Sky were running the Greece story ages before the OS. Now we know why ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Murray said at the EGM that the average wage now is £2 pw while the remaining "high" earners are on roughly 3 times that.

I think they should get in touch with their union.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Murray said at the EGM that the average wage now is £2 pw while the remaining "high" earners are on roughly 3 times that.

I think they should get in touch with their union.

LOL, now amended
  • Options
    Well hopefully scoring the winner last night will have given Thierry some confidence to kick in and produce the performances we can see he's capable of, week-in, week-out.

I'm certainly glad he's with us till Jan at least so let's have a few more goals to justify your 6-7k a week Monsieur Racon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He did play well last night. Funny how often a player who's not a big scorer gets off to a good start through hard work in a game and goes on to score or have another major input. At Orient Waggy benefitted from the same; a lot of industry in a low key first half that probably gave him the platform for what followed. Well done Therry - more of the same please.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Murray said at the EGM that the average wage now is £2k pw while the remaining "high" earners are on roughly 3 times that.

He also said that if we didn't have the three top earners (named as Jose, Kelly and Therry) we'd cut £1m off the wage bill.

That indicates to me that the 3 of them are on £6k to £7k pw.

In my recollection we never paid more than £20k pw basic (not including NI etc) to a player while we were in the Prem.

Sky were running the Greece story ages before the OS. Now we know why ; - )

Very interesting, thanks Henry.

Just goes to show how much dough we were prepared to spend to get back to the Premiership if we were handing out 6K per week deals - on 4 year contracts thank you very much - to virtual unknown players like Racon, Semedo, Youga and Mouataokil.

Semedo has been great but the rest of them have not justified that investment.

Thanks Al.....