Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players out? (Racon to Greek club ?)

Comments

• Options
    There's no reason to suppose that Racon is on £8k a week.
  • Options
    I was only guessing/ estimating £8k pw by the way - before it becomes gospel ;-)weegie

No good guessing Weegie,!...... No there is me thinking that it was 'gospel', from such an impeccable source....
    But I doubt if the lad is on the 'breadline' as they say......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]His attitude? He's of French descent FFS, look at their entire WC Squad, they are a bunch of moaners. If Drogba was our player, would you want to get rid of him simply because he sulks?

We don't have time for sulking prima donnas in this division - we need guts and guile before sulking Frenchmen!
  • Options
    And he's Guadalopean...
  • Options
    Racon has talent but doesn't seem to use it consistently (for us anyway) and has a tendency to go missing.

Pardew gave him his contract so he will be amongst the highest earners in the squad even if £8k per week is an exaggeration.

In my view the money could be better spent.
  • Options
    id like to see Racon stay. He would feature in a role to replace Semedo off the bench when we are losing and when Charlton need to get forward a little more. Also Racon would be a good replacement for Semedo for when Jose gets them Reds...
  • Options
    if he is on £8000 a week then if we could save that wage i think we should and use it to buy somebody a little more proven as a midfield playmaker at this level. It's got to be all about producing here and now and as much as i hope i'm wrong, i can't see how we are going to be able to control games and carve out chances with the midfield players we have.
  • Options
    It's a shame that Racon has to go but Murray has said he is going to free up funds so he will be. Just a matter of when.

Don't we need him as back up for when Mccormack gets sent off though? Jackson could play there but then who plays left back?
  • Options
    Fry would go left back.
  • Options
    Are you the same guy criticising him on the Huddersfield Post Match thread, when he wasn't even in the team? ;-)

That was an ironic dig at all the critics who blame him for all our poor performances. They guy passes to a red shirt, makes himself available, moves the ball forward and makes his fair share of tackles. What more can he do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Don't think people are guessing about his attitude, more a case of passing on what had been said at a Q&A seesion.
    It's still guessing though. The whole not wanting to play on the left-thing was mentioned, but I don't recall anyone saying he had an attitude problem. Sometimes at work I suggest to my boss that we do things a different way: not because I've got an attitude problem, but because I want to do the best job. People take snippets of information and turn them into whole soap operas in their minds.

A good boss will always listen to other ways of doing things. But ultimately it is the boss, in this case, Parky, who had to make a decision and I would expect players to abide by that decision, even if they happen to disagee. The Racon attitude was, you will recall, contrasted with the attitude of Bailey, who just played wherever he was asked to play without any fuss at all.
  • Options
    Well if he goes I will miss him. I love the way he controls the ball and zips around with his elegant movement. Watching him in practice he has a good shot on him as well so it is puzzling that he has not scored more goals. Without him, I fear we will end up lumping the ball forward hoping to find mistakes from dodgy Div 1 centre backs. With Racon and Semedo in the team the ball gets played around on the ground, which I appreciate. I think Racon is a confidence player so he plays safe balls to try to get into his rhythm. I wish he had the confidence to try more killer passes but today all these misplayed passes are put on stats and come back to damn you. Of course Bailey obviously never bothered to look at his stats.
  • Options
    I would rather have Racon in the team than Fry but then I suppose this is based on not having seen Fry.
  • Options
    Lmao they are two different players!
  • Options
    I would rather have Racon than Stav, or neither and route 1 football.

I mean our away kit looks like Coventry but that's no reason to play like an Aidy Boothroyd team
  • Options
    Have always been a Racon fan but agree he's never quite delivered the goods consistently on the pitch.

I would give him a run alongside Semedo as my first-choice centre midfield partnership but if he's only going to be a sub behind McCormack then there's no point paying him what must be one of the top wage packets in the squad each week
  • Options
    Indeed they are Dazzler but if Jackson covers the hole left by Racon in midfield then Fry would need to play left back. And in that scenario, I would rather have a Racon.
  • Options
    Racon just walked into the ground so is definitely not in Greece
  • Options
    Racon not leaving as he just told me. McCormack not playing and told me quite a few being rested tonight.
  • Options
    Racon is not on 8K per week, that's well over the top.

We signed him post-Premiership and got him from the French lower-leagues so he would have been on low wages there anyway.

Given that our top Premiership earners were probably only a maximum of 15K per week, there's no way he would have been getting 8K in the CCC!!!

He would be on a maximum of around 4.5K per week, probably less.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and he drives a mini so he aint splashing the cash around
  • Options
    It makes sense to shift Racon on - every time I see him have a good game he follows it up with a couple of poor/average games. If he can't cut it at L1 level then he's not going to do it in the CCC if we get promoted. I've no idea what he's on, but with Semedo, McCormack, Martin and Stavrinou coming through and maybe Jackson who can all play CM that's one less salary.
  • Options
    fairwell goal?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Racon is not on 8K per week, that's well over the top.

We signed him post-Premiership and got him from the French lower-leagues so he would have been on low wages there anyway.

Given that our top Premiership earners were probably only a maximum of 15K per week, there's no way he would have been getting 8K in the CCC!!!

Wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Richardson were on £4-5k a week last season.

Racon was signed as a promising young player on a 4 year deal, hopefully to become a Prem player.

Wouldn't be surprised if his wages went up after certain number of appearances or each season either.

Were we really paying nothing more than £15k in the Prem?
  • Options
    After seeing his 'pregnant' celebration, he's certain to stay on, as no-one would move country if they have a pregnant wife/girlfriend
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]After seeing his 'pregnant' celebration, he's certain to stay on, as no-one would move country if they have a pregnant wife/girlfriend

I thought the celebration was aimed at me, but I guess a pregnant partner makes more sense
  • Options
    So he's not French, stuck with a bad attitude or on 8k a week or leaving.

What a shitting let down this thread's been
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Racon is not on 8K per week, that's well over the top.

Wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Richardson were on £4-5k a week last season.

Racon was signed as a promising young player on a 4 year deal, hopefully to become a Prem player.

Wouldn't be surprised if his wages went up after certain number of appearances or each season either.

Why guess? Richard Murray stated what the highest paid player was on last year and as he must have agreed to all of them and is paying for them I don't imagine it matters that blokeontheinternet has said the tealady gets 32k a week FACT and youngfullback is on 9k a week FACT. Footballers wages discussed on the internet are the biggest pack of shit out there and that's even by the staggeringly low/inaccurate standards of internet discussions.

Anyone want to hear about the supermodel I've just been bumming? Thought not.

Dave
  • Options
    Stav is not ready one bit yet for first team action. Yes, I agree we need to blood new players through, but throwing them in the deep end isn't the answer. Waggy has gradually worked his into the team and it's been done the right way. Solly is doing the same sort of thing, just a season behind Wagstaff. So same should be done with Stavrinou, Tuna, Perkins, Mambo etc etc. Get them into the side gradually otherwise if you throw them straight in, it could end up hindering them with them moving downwards- Walker, McDonald, Weston, Campbell-Ryce. Yes, they've all now gone onto become decent league players, but not at Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

Why guess? Richard Murray stated what the highest paid player was on last year and as he must have agreed to all of them and is paying for them I don't imagine it matters that blokeontheinternet has said the tealady gets 32k a week FACT and youngfullback is on 9k a week FACT. Footballers wages discussed on the internet are the biggest pack of shit out there and that's even by the staggeringly low/inaccurate standards of internet discussions.

Anyone want to hear about the supermodel I've just been bumming? Thought not.
    [span style=COLOR: #cccccc]
    Dave[/span]

Very true, whenever people speculate about a players wages a good rule of thumb is to halve the number and you'll probably be in the ball-park area.

Richardson was probably not on massive wages at Charlton, he was on a freebie from Leeds where Bates has had a massive crackdown on player wages, so we would not have had to promise him the earth in terms of cash.

He was only really sold because Saints offered 400,000 and we could not turn that down in our current financial state.

We were notoriously low payers in our Premiership years - Curbishley confirms this in his book - until we went mad and splashed the best part of 20 million quid on total shite like Hasselbaink, Traore, Faye, Rommedahl, Jeffers, Marcus Bent, Varney, Gray, Mouataokil and others that I can't be arsed mentioning.