Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amdy Faye - Honoury member of the "How do they do it ? club

Playing for Leeds reserves tonight according to SSN.

Members :-

1 Dowie
2 M Bent
3 A Faye
4 Pardew

Comments

• Options
    5 Nicky Butt
    6 Trezeguet
    7 Felipe Mielo
    8 Kilbane
    9 Ballack
  • Options
    David Trezequet -
    1995–2000 Monaco 93 (52)
    2000–2010 Juventus 245 (138)

Nah, I can't understand either ..
  • Options
    Nearly every holding midfield player. Why can't they just be centre mids?
  • Options
    Trezeguet has been milking it for years now.His best seasons were years ago.He couldn't get into the worst Juve team for years.They have been trying to offload him for ages.
    Look where he's gone now.He's another overrated pro on incredible wages.
  • Options
    never understood why there's so much hate for trezeguet???
    he still got 10 goals for juve last season in 27 appearances (according to wikipedia) he's not exactly a bad player is he??!
  • Options
    Its nothing to do with hate.He happens to be a decent guy.But football is all about value for money.When Juve signed him he was a world champion but this was years ago now.
    Some players have a knack of getting fat contracts on old performances rather then their present form.Ten goals in the Italian Serie A for Juve is crap.Strikers of relegated clubs score more.
  • Options
    fair enough but in my opinion i reckon he could still do a job, especially for a team just promoted to la liga :)
  • Options
    Hope he does well.Hope he doesn't do a Jimmy Floyd.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Paul Walsh 79[/cite]
    7 Felipe Mielo
    Would love to know the reasoning behind this one
  • Options
    there's nothing honorary about Mr Faye's membership of the does it say footballer on his passport club...

:)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Faye had a few games at the back for us and looked good. Certainly not technically gifted but he was a good ball winner. Admittedly a few years ago
  • Options
    I thought Faye looked good for Stoke.

Oh, sorry ...... wrong Faye.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Faye had a few games at the back for us and looked good. Certainly not technically gifted but he was a good ball winner. Admittedly a few years ago
    I never thought I'd ever read the words 'Faye' and 'looked good' in the same sentence. Obviously not referring to Amdy then!!!!

Is Faye on trial for Leeds? We're still waiting for his other trial (the fraud/deception one) to go to court...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SaySomething[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Faye had a few games at the back for us and looked good. Certainly not technically gifted but he was a good ball winner. Admittedly a few years ago
    I never thought I'd ever read the words 'Faye' and 'looked good' in the same sentence. Obviously not referring to Amdy then!!!!

Is Faye on trial for Leeds? We're still waiting for his other trial (the fraud/deception one) to go to court...

Up until Newcastle away I thought he was our best signing. And he was, how a player can become so abominable I don't know
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Up until Newcastle away I thought he was our best signing. And he was, how a player can become so abominable I don't know

Makes you wonder what Dowie was in them fields...
  • Options
    Paul Mcshane. Himself and Kilbane are an absolute curse to the Irish team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SaySomething[/cite]

Up until Newcastle away I thought he was our best signing. And he was, how a player can become so abominable I don't know
    Exactly! Deception!! He fooled everyone!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paul Walsh 79[/cite]5 Nicky Butt
    6 Trezeguet
    7 Felipe Mielo
    8 Kilbane
    9 Ballack

Michael Ballack!! Are you serious?
    Ballack has won the Bundesliga 4 times, the German cup 3 times, the premier league, FA Cup 3 times, played in two Champions league finals, a world cup final, a European championship final, played 98 times for Germany scoring 42 goals from midfield (a record that any striker would be proud of), was named in the team of the tournament at both the 2004 and 2008 Euro's and finally he was named in the team of the tournament at both the 2002 and 2006 World Cups.
    Not quite sure how he makes your list?
  • Options
    He was pretty ordinary for Chelsea, flattered to deceive quite a bit and never showed what a worldclass player he was. When he played internationally, he was a totally different animal.
  • Options
    Faye was ok under Dowie but not under Pardew. Whether he represented value for money (fee and wages) is pretty questionable but thought he did ok to start with. Think he'll do an ok job for Leeds at Championship level, if he gets a chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paul Walsh 79[/cite]Ten goals in the Italian Serie A for Juve is crap.Strikers of relegated clubs score more.
    Sorry, could you name one, other than Darren Bent. 1 goal for every 2.7 games (not all full games) is a good record in Serie A and that's his driest season there. Very few strikers in the Premiership and Serie A can match it. Yes Bent, Drogba and Rooney do but Berbatov, Bellamy, Adebayor, Yakubu, Crouch, Doyle, Eto'o, Cassano, Quagriella?
  • Options
    Amdy Faye was OK when he first arrived but became the fall guy for a series of poor performances by the whole team in general. When he played centre-back, can't remember how many times, but he was invariably our MOM. Anyone who says he is our worst ever player obviously hasn't been watching Charlton for very long.
  • Options
    worst ever,,,, Dennis, Rhommadhal (sp) I remember reading somewhere, or hearing curbs saying that he thought he bought a player with pace and skill, an attacking wide player, what he actually got was a very bad fast defender ! lol
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Funnily enough, I though Faye started OK with us, and when he got in the team towards the end of the season he wasn't too bad either. It was in the autumn when things started going wrong he seemed to totally fall to pieces. I suppose the game that defined him for lot of people was the Liverpool debacle, an afternoon (or was it a lunchtime?) which would have been enough to finish more than a few careers.

Picking up from another thread today, although it's a different sport, I'd put dear old Audley Harrison very much in the "How do they keep doing it" club
  • Options
    Ballack is and was quality. When he came into the Chelsea side he realised kamikaze Lampard had taken his goalscoring midfield job. He then showed a strike of intelligence that no English player is capable, he sat back and provided a screening presence and linked play ultra smoothly. Personally thought Chelsea were at their best with him in the side, and are weaker without him. Top class. Shame English players, even the brainy ones like Lampard, don't have the intelligence or awareness game time to adapt their play.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: andyaddick[/cite]worst ever,,,, Dennis, Rhommadhal (sp) I remember reading somewhere, or hearing curbs saying that he thought he bought a player with pace and skill, an attacking wide player, what he actually got was a very bad fast defender ! lol

Didn't Curbs do his homework .....?

;o)

Rommedahl played superbly in the Denmark team system.
    No doubt that's what Curbs saw.

He just didn't seem to fit the Charlton team and tactics, and never effective as a conventional wide RM with defensive responsibilities.
  • Options
    Looks like he might earn himself a deal

How?!
  • Options
    On this day in the year 2000, Sir Bobby Robson handed academy forward Shola Ameobi his senior debut, calling him from the bench for the final 20 minutes of a 0-0 draw with Chelsea at SJP.

A month before his 19th birthday, the youngster made an immediate impression on home fans by squaring up to visiting midget Dennis Wise.

Ten years later and he has 62 senior strikes to his name, having made 276 appearances in all competitions (162 starts and 114 sub outings).

There have been highs (scoring in the Nou Camp against Barcelona) and lows (loaned to Stoke City, coming close to joining Ipswich Town), but playing for the 12th manager of his SJP career (including caretakers), he's still in Toon - and as consistently inconsistent as ever...*

010278643712400.jpg
  • Options
    Alan Smith
    Patrick Kluivert
    Michael owen - the last 5 years.
    Robbie Fowler - the last 10 years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Amdy Faye was OK when he first arrived but became the fall guy for a series of poor performances by the whole team in general. When he played centre-back, can't remember how many times, but he was invariably our MOM. Anyone who says he is our worst ever player obviously hasn't been watching Charlton for very long.
    I've been watching Charlton for thirty years and I can say he is comfortably the worst player I've ever seen play for us. He was utter, utter shite. Name me any other Charlton player (and I'm not talking about jokers who were with us for two games) and I'll bet you there won't be a single one worse than Faye.