Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amdy Faye - Honoury member of the "How do they do it ? club

13»

Comments

• Options
    Terry Phelan-Wimbledon
    Doriva-Middlesbrough
  • Options
    After last night's match.Cesena 2 ACMilan 0.
    IBRAHIMOVIC,PATO,ROBINHO,RONALDINHO.
    Only Joking but after all the hype leading to this match AC lost to a newly promoted team.There is a nice balance to the Serie A .A lot of 'small' teams have very decent squads and will cause a lot of upsets.Another big score last night Cagliari 5 As Roma 1.
  • Options
    We were led to believe that Cesena had loaned/sold one of their best players to Southampton. Now they're beating Milan and he's coming on as a sub in Swindon... maybe the info wasn't correct...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I think Trezeguet got mentioned earlier. His team Hercules are beating Barcelona 2-0 at the Nou Camp at the moment.
    Got a double in the win against Sevilla this weekend too.
  • Options
    traore
    jerome chubby thomas
    frank lampard
    kieren dire
  • Options
    Frank Lampard has scored 20 goals a season for the last 6 years from midfield. I don't think he really qualifies.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]Frank Lampard has scored 20 goals a season for the last 6 years from midfield. I don't think he really qualifies.
    I think I'd have to agree with that. As would anyone else with more than two braincells bouncing around in their head. I don't like Lampard, I think he's an arrogant, preening ponce - but to put him in the company of Traore and Faye is laughable.

Incidentally, Kieron Dyer is a f***ing good player. It's not his fault that he's had a succession of appalling injuries, and a similar succession of chairmen willing to pay him 80k a week. The leg break for West Ham was horrific - and now that he's fit again he looks a good player once more.
  • Options
    Dyer's lost the blistering pace that was a major part of his game.
  • Options
    Incidentally Kiero Dyer was an amazing youngster at Ipswich. He has never ever consistently shown anything as a senior pro that is commensurate with any decent wage. He had a little spell at Newcastle in the Champions League, when he looked very good; did they beat Inter Milan? can't remember. I've seen Dyer for the Whammies post leg break and he looks abominably average. If he's improved this season then it's only the last 1-2 games, as my Whammie friends are just mystified by him.

I'm a 110% behind the Spector is crap as well. It winds me up that modern managers will desperately pick Spector because of his physical capabilities but he's absolute footballing garbage. When a player like Danny Fox is a 1,000 times better but won't get a look in at a reliable premier league club because he ain't a 'specimen' and isn't from 'Arries African dodgy agent.
  • Options
    Traore in my books made Faye look like ZZ

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]His the only player i can ever remember who spent the whole time avoiding the ball and bottled ant tackle that came his way.[/quote]

Matt Holland did it for his entire Charlton Career!!!

Personally I never thought that Faye was as bad as some make out.
  • Options
    Holland was a quality player for Charlton, consistently played well, gave everything he had. Never the best technically but you always knew what you were going to get from him.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Sir Chrissy[/cite] you always knew what you were going to get from him.[/quote]

Lots of running about and a reduction on the laundry bill cos his kit was always clean!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sir Chrissy[/cite]Holland was a quality player for Charlton, consistently played well, gave everything he had. Never the best technically but you always knew what you were going to get from him.
    Holland was a regular for too long. Fortunately Parky didn't use him as much as Pardew as he could see we could get more out of other players than Holland.

Even in 07/08, our results were better with Semedo in the team. Pardew then played Holland instead, he did little wrong but that didn't mean he was good enough.

It was more to do with what he couldn't offer. Semedo was stronger, quicker and could pretty much offer anything Holland could defensively.

The fact that Holland didn't stand out even after relegation shows he was no longer good enough. To be fair did a decent job at CB in 08/09, and probably helped Shelvey out in his first two starts.

Nothing against him, good hard working pro and all that and nothing like Faye, JFH etc. In the end though he just wasn't good enough, whatever division we were in. He wouldn't have got in last seasons time nor would he get in our current team.
  • Options
    I remember when Faye and Traore signed for us. Absolutely horrified so had a look on a couple of Newcastle and Liverpool message boards.

"Can't believe we've got some money for him"
    "Thank god he's gone"
    "Can't believe we've got £2m, I would have paid that to get rid of him"
    "Lazy bastard"
    "Clown"

I hate Dowie. 15 years of sensible management and steady progress on and off the pitch, all undone in the space of one transfer window. Makes Pardew look like Bill Shankly. Desperately hope that someone I don't like (Saints would have been perfect) gives him one final chance in management, he comes up against Charlton, we win handsomely and I position myself behind the dugout and spend the entire 90 minutes telling him what a useless, ugly, bullsh*tting Palace bar steward he is.
  • Options
    I can't believe that we would be any worse a position now if we had kept Dowie in charge to be honest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]I can't believe that we would be any worse a position now if we had kept Dowie in charge to be honest.

You can blame more than one person for the position we're in now but Dowie's was the outstanding contribution.

Unfortunately it's impossible to make an accurate guess as to how much damage he would have done had he been left in charge for longer as he's never lasted long enough anywhere since to have a chance to demonstrate just how useless he is (sacked by Charlton after 15 games, sacked by Coventry after 49 games, sacked by QPR after 15 games, assistant to Alan Shearer at Newcastle - services not retained after 1 win in 8 games, services not retained by Hull after 1 win in 9 games).
  • Options
    Uncle Les and Pardew haven't set any heather on fire since departing the club and I'm not imagining anyone will be beating down the door to poach Parky. Dowie has had a sustained run of disaster though, no doubt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]I can't believe that we would be any worse a position now if we had kept Dowie in charge to be honest.

agreed and if seths goat had been given the opportunity as well we'd have been better off imo
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Uncle Les and Pardew haven't set any heather on fire since departing the club and I'm not imagining anyone will be beating down the door to poach Parky. Dowie has had a sustained run of disaster though, no doubt.[/quote]

I'd never be to harsh on Uncle Les. Excellent Coach, piss poor manager!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    VINNIE JONES
  • Options
    Leeds have confirmed they will not be extending Faye's contract.
    Next please.
  • Options
    watching west ham game and faubert is crap.

he's a terrible right back because he should be a right winger, but he's even worse there so he plays right back!!!....and how on earth did he blag it to real madrid.
  • Options
    carlton cole. always been overrated by west ham fans
  • Options
    Lucas at Liverpool can be pretty shocking at times.

Emmanuel Eboue, a truly shocking footballer imho. Spends the whole game, diving about, trying pointless tricks and failing to find team mates with the simplest of passes/crosses.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    Emmanuel Eboue, a truly shocking footballer imho. Spends the whole game, diving about, trying pointless tricks and failing to find team mates with the simplest of passes/crosses.

Sounds like he'd fit in a treat.