Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amdy Faye - Honoury member of the "How do they do it ? club

Comments

• Options
    John Dahl Thomasson - Rubbish at Newcastle 10 years ago, rubbish for Denmark or whoever in world cup. He must have done something, some time but i've never seen it. Ditto Treseguet.

i agree Ballack is a waste of space for Chelsea.
  • Options
    The word Faye just conjurs up images of dodgy agents, Dowie and Redknapp to me. Throw in Rangers and walter Smith for good measure.
  • Options
    I'll name a couple

JFH - big guy with even a bigger reputation. World class striker that did absolutly nothing whilst with us - apart from 2 goals against Chesterfield in the Carling Cup

Marcus Bent - lazy..........end of.

Bart Williams
  • Options
    CBW master of the pea roller free kick... and then a fashion career..
  • Options
    JFH and Marcus Bent were lazy, but you could tell at some point in their careers they may have been decent footballers.

Amdy Faye is an imposter.

Don't remember Bart Williams being that bad for us, and he did score from a free-kick in a home victory v Derby.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    Patrick Kluivert
    Really?!
    I think 39 goals in 70 for Ajax and 90 in 182 for Barca (league stats) and 40 in 79 for Holland might disagree with you there.
  • Options
    Lucas Leiva.

Has anyone ever seen him have a good game for Liverpool?
  • Options
    Until a couple of years ago, Darren Fletcher would have been a good candidate.

Niklas Bentdner
    Graeme Souness (as manager of course)
    John Terry
    Jermain Jenas
    Marcus Bent
    Franny Jeffers (surely he will find a club stupid enough to take him on soon)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    Patrick Kluivert
    Really?!
    I think 39 goals in 70 for Ajax and 90 in 182 for Barca (league stats) and 40 in 79 for Holland might disagree with you there.

Saw him have a blinder in a final for holland once but every other time i saw him he couldn't trap a bag of cement - one of those that lived off his reputation for years - like Fowler.
  • Options
    Not sure if he's been mentioned but surely the biggest cunt of them all...dowie, continually blagging jobs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ralph Milne
    Barry Endean
    Kenny Achampong
    Jimmy Flotd Hasselbaink
  • Options
    How can JFH even make it into this category?

Yes he was shit at the end of his career, but he was dynamite at Leeds, Athletico Madrid and Chelsea.

Isn't this thread meant to contain players that have been dump throughout their entire careers, yet somehow manage to keep playing and finding new clubs to play crap at.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite] Isn't this thread meant to contain players that have been dump throughout their entire careers, yet somehow manage to keep playing and finding new clubs to play crap at.

Exactly, some of the names people have conjured up on this thread are ridiculous. Ballack, Owen, Fowler, Kluivert and JFH. All of them great players.

Can't believe no one has mentioned Titus Bramble yet though.
  • Options
    Agree with the two comments above, it seems some people here regard players who either haven't performed in the premiership or have had been poor at the end of their careers are somehow conning clubs into signing them
  • Options
    Agreed, I started the thread for ex-Charlton players/managers who IMO are absolute poo and yet seem to always get another club.

I don't agree with most of the others, but couldn't be bothered.
  • Options
    Read about Houllier's plans for Villa; seems he wants to rob the French Ligue for some decent players,one mentioned was...wears gloves, tall....Diarrawa from Bordeaux. Our old boy n'est-ce pas?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: daveroan[/cite]Read about Houllier's plans for Villa; seems he wants to rob the French Ligue for some decent players,one mentioned was...wears gloves, tall....Diarrawa from Bordeaux. Our old boy n'est-ce pas?

Diawara must be doing something right, he's won 6 trophies in the last 2 seasons in France for Bordeaux and Marseille.
  • Options
    I always quite liked Diawara
  • Options
    Shevchenko at chelski was disappointing..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kodfish[/cite]Shevchenko at chelski was disappointing..

Yes, but he was quite good for Dinamo Kiev, AC Milan and Ukraine :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leeds United have signed Senegal international Amdy Faye on a free transfer until January 2011.

Midfielder Faye, 33, last played a competitive match for Stoke City in August 2009 has been training with Leeds recently.

United manager Simon Grayson told BBC Radio Leeds: "[We signing him because of] the presence of him, the size, the quality and his experience.

"We've different types of midfield player but he's been around the block."

Faye, who could make his debut against Swansea City at Elland Road on Saturday, is expected to adopt a defensive midfield role.

Grayson said: "I can't see him being a box-to-box player as he's always had a career as a central midfield player and a centre-half as well.

"But what he can do is put a foot in and tackle. He's a different type of player to what we have got at the club already
  • Options
    Fowler was good for the first 3/4 years of his career. He spent the next 10 years with people saying 'once he's fit' or 'he needs a run of games' etc etc - he was dump for most of his career and lived off his reputation. Basically, whatever he had, he'd lost.
  • Options
    Grayson said ""We've different types of midfield player but he's been around the block."

Translates as "he's so sh*t, every club that had him got rid very quickly"
  • Options
    Samaras for Celtic is a complete waste of space.

Cannot possibly see how you could include Hasslebaink, fair enough he was crap with us but he was getting on a bit. He was a prolific goal scorer for leeds and chelsea.

Suprised no one has mentioned our very own Miguel Llera!
  • Options
    Without a doubt Amdy Faye is the worst player to wear a Charlton Shirt in my lifetime and Ive been going since 1980. His the only player i can ever remember who spent the whole time avoiding the ball and bottled ant tackle that came his way. He made me angry just watching him.
    His whole career smacks of dodgy people laundering money through a player who had not heart , skill or ability.
    Don't you just love agents.
  • Options
    Can I chuck my own personal bete noire in here - Jonathan Spector. 100% garbage yet somehow has made a fortune playing for Man U, us and now West Ham and also somehow played in a World Cup. Quite unbelievable from someone who would struggle to get into my old Sunday morning side. The only pleasure I got out of him was being proved right when I pegged him for being useless on his debut for us against Bournemouth.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite] He made me angry just watching him.

sums him up perfectly, a terrible, awful, woeful player - useless in every single way

no coincidence his arrival, signaled our decline
  • Options
    I think Trezeguet got mentioned earlier. His team Hercules are beating Barcelona 2-0 at the Nou Camp at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Without a doubt Amdy Faye is the worst player to wear a Charlton Shirt in my lifetime and Ive been going since 1980. His the only player i can ever remember who spent the whole time avoiding the ball and bottled ant tackle that came his way. He made me angry just watching him.
    His whole career smacks of dodgy people laundering money through a player who had not heart , skill or ability.
    Don't you just love agents.

[cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]no coincidence his arrival, signaled our decline

I agree with you both. Obviously he had more technical ability than some other candidates, but in the context of where we were, and what we paid him....shite
  • Options
    What a win by Hercules.Watched it on telly.Even though Valdez was outstanding Trezeguet's physical presence and experience helped a lot.He deserves to be reassesed at end of season.Feeling great this morning thanks to Robbie and Ans.