Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is the worst (well known) live band you have seen

For me:

Rod Stewart & The Faces - many years ago
Eric Clapton - about 2 years ago (having enjoyed seeing him 3-4 times in the distant past)

Comments

• Options
    Pink Floyd - The Wall tour.
  • Options
    U2 at Twickenham a few years ago, completely underwhelming and outshone by Athlete. Thought they were supposed to be good live as well.
  • Options
    First gig was Cast in 1997, worst gig was Babyshambles at the astoria for the christmas gig and it ended in a riot. Closely followed by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers at Hyde Park supported by a past it James Brown
  • Options
    Sissor Sisters. Absolutely dreadful. Thankfully they were only the support act to an outstanding comeback from Duran Duran.
  • Options
    Has to be chili peppers but I blame Hyde park more than them as the sound was just not loud enough.

No band has let me down tbh
  • Options
    UB40, took my ex girlfriend to see them. The most boring concert I've ever been to, even my ex who was a massive fan was underwhelmed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]U2 at Twickenham a few years ago, completely underwhelming and outshone by Athlete. Thought they were supposed to be good live as well.

im a massive U2 fan seen every tour since the joshua tree followed them in europe also ,and i must say it was the worst concert they have done i also thought the venue was shite.
  • Options
    Chilli Peppers at Hyde Park without a shadow of a doubt.

Sound issues, plus I realised they are actually quite rubbish.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    i took a girl to see paul young many years ago she was a big fan ,the whole evening cost me a fortune was late for the concert so got a cab to hammersmith fron charing cross not cheap cos there was loads of poxy traffic , and the concert well he was shocking came outside and the blokes who sell the merchandise came up to me asked if i wanted to buy a poster i was tempted cos i wanted to shove it up paul youngs arse ,expensive night with a nice girl but it ended up ok in the end.
  • Options
    David Bowie at Wembley on the Glass Spider tour. Rubbish apart from Heroes.

I detest Big Country and they were the support. Funny thing was they blew Bowie off the stage. Strange but true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oasis at the Venue. So much hype. So little justification. They were shite.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I've seen a lot of the great bands and some heroes of mine - most have not disappointed, but Chuck Berry was poor - his guitar was horribly out of tune for most of his 30-minute set and he just didn't care.

Another awful band was Sparks - saw them in Croydon and I have to say that town wasn't big enough for the both of us (boom boom)! I was at school at the time and went with mates - we got up and danced to relieve the boredom and the band thought it was fantastic - probably the first and only time that has happened at one of their gigs.
  • Options
    Madonna at the MCG in the 90s. I was working there so thankfully didn't pay for a ticket. Can't sing!
  • Options
    Paul Weller at V a few years ago was cack.
  • Options
    Kasabian, lacked the stage presence for a bigger venue. Delivered their nice catchy tunes well and the kids lapped it up, but had all the charisma of old wet towels hung over the mics.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Sissor Sisters. Absolutely dreadful. Thankfully they were only the support act to an outstanding comeback from Duran Duran.

Was at that gig, agree on both points, and...

Guns N Roses at Wembley Stadium 1992 I think (support acts Faith No More / Soundgarden blew them into stardust)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]i took a girl to see paul young many years ago she was a big fan ,the whole evening cost me a fortune was late for the concert so got a cab to hammersmith fron charing cross not cheap cos there was loads of poxy traffic , and the concert well he was shocking came outside and the blokes who sell the merchandise came up to me asked if i wanted to buy a poster i was temted cos i wanted to shove it up paul youngs arse ,expensive night with a nice girl but it ended up ok in the end.

Are you still with her J because going to see Paul Young thats love buddy real love
  • Options
    Paul Young when he was in the Q-Tips was great.

Worst by a long shot were Queen in Hyde Park but they were a dreadful band in any case so no surprise. At least it was free.

Never saw Led Zepp but they would have been worse I'm sure ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]i took a girl to see paul young many years ago she was a big fan ,the whole evening cost me a fortune was late for the concert so got a cab to hammersmith fron charing cross not cheap cos there was loads of poxy traffic , and the concert well he was shocking came outside and the blokes who sell the merchandise came up to me asked if i wanted to buy a poster i was temted cos i wanted to shove it up paul youngs arse ,expensive night with a nice girl but it ended up ok in the end.

d no mate went and bought his album then she f---ed me off, not really son my misses has better taste but believe me she was a cracker but that nite cost me as much as wayne rooneys nite.

Are you still with her J because going to see Paul Young thats love buddy real love
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

d no mate went and bought his album then she f---ed me off, not really son my misses has better taste but believe me she was a cracker but that nite cost me as much as wayne rooneys nite.

Atleast you aint all over the papers for shagging brasses mate no amount of cash would be worth that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worst by far was when a mate talked me into going to see Don McLean, the man had no charisma or stage presence at all. I fell asleep it was so boring.
  • Options
    Bros wembley stadium 1989. dear me.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]David Bowie at Wembley on the Glass Spider tour. Rubbish apart from Heroes.

I detest Big Country and they were the support. Funny thing was they blew Bowie off the stage. Strange but true.

I too went to this. Being a huge bowie fan and the first time i actually got to see him live. Hated big country as well so made for a crap day all round. Did go and see Bowie a couple of years later when he done his changes tour and that completely restored my faith in his live performances.......On the flip side, the best gig has to be the specials reunion last year at brixton academy. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up throughout.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Bros wembley stadium 1989. dear me.

Could have told you that before you went.
  • Options
    Snow Patrol at the O2 last year. God damn bloody awful.

Not their fault I know, but having seen Metallica there about 2 weeks beforehand, nothing could even compare to that....
  • Options
    System of a Down. Always plagued by sound issues and the fact their guitarist somehow manages to sing even worse than on record.
  • Options
    Saga Lout's Chuck Berry quote refers - I've heard so many people say that about Chuck Berry. Such a shame when you consider his influence on a lot of bands and rock n roll in general.

Worst I've ever seen has to be the Beach Boys. Saw them at the Crystal Palace Bowl around 71/72. Out of tune, kit kept breaking down, and they, too, didn't seem to care. I suppose the fact that they were singing about surfing and California while it was p*****g down with rain didn't help!

Sha Na Na were on the same bill - what a laugh!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Oasis at the Venue. So much hype. So little justification. They were shite.

Yes, I saw Oasis when they came to Bangkok. Dreadful. Outshone by Franz Ferdinand too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]U2 at Twickenham a few years ago, completely underwhelming and outshone by Athlete. Thought they were supposed to be good live as well.

im a massive U2 fan seen every tour since the joshua tree followed them in europe also ,and i must say it was the worst concert they have done i also thought the venue was shite.

I see them at wembley 1993. I didn't enjoy that concert as much as thought I should of.
    "Yes" at Lewisham Odeon was pretty dreadful but by far the worst was at Wembley Arena Al someone (did the Moonlighting theme tune). We went to see Julia Fordham supporting him, I fell asleep during his set.
  • Options
    Without doubt....Status Quo!