Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is the worst (well known) live band you have seen

124»

Comments

• Options
    The Henry doth protest too much.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]The Henry doth protest too much.........

It's a running joke, don't take it too seriously
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    falconwood_1, The facts are, It was called The Outside tour, and the reason a lot of people left before the end was because they were Morrissey fans. Morrissey was the support act for part of that tour, nothing to do with Bowie fans not liking it, or it being "that bad"....
    I thought it was brilliant, Bowie doing his less comercial work with great musicians, and he wasn't pandering to the masses as with other tours...
  • Options
    Surprised u2 at twickenham is getting so many bad reviews, it was voted gig of the year in nme, and although that's the only time I've seen them, I think it would be up there with my favourite gigs...

I saw coldplay at crystal palace park. Boring, couldn't even get the crowd excited with Clocks! Also were completely outplayed by what I think is the best support band I've ever seen...Supergrass
  • Options
    Henners - Led Zeppelin are as close to 'metal' as JLS
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Henners - Led Zeppelin are as close to 'metal' as JLS

If you say so but I still blame Plant for the legions of screamers who followed him and Page for the endless dopey lyrics about Satan blah, blah, blah.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Surprised u2 at twickenham is getting so many bad reviews, it was voted gig of the year in nme, and although that's the only time I've seen them, I think it would be up there with my favourite gigs...

I saw coldplay at crystal palace park. Boring, couldn't even get the crowd excited with Clocks!

Also were completely outplayed by what I think is the best support band I've ever seen...Supergrass

i am a massive U2 fan seen them loads of times and i reckon the twickenham gig was not 1 of their best as i said on here earlier i dont like the venue .
  • Options
    Rush - Wembley Arena - 198? - Utter utter pelt.

ZZ Top - Wembley Arena 1985/6 - They only played an hour...very dissapointed, and I love Billy Gibbons, so doubly dissapointing!!!
  • Options
    Nah Zep are not a metal band like Iron Maiden and so on, whatever their other faults, and you can't blame the Beatles for Oasis!
  • Options
    Arena shows generally are awful. Watching little dots hop around while looking at a screen isn't my idea of a good use of 60 quid. It's a shame that it's more and more become the norm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Rush - Wembley Arena - 198? - Utter utter pelt.

ZZ Top - Wembley Arena 1985/6 - They only played an hour...very dissapointed, and I love Billy Gibbons, so doubly dissapointing!!![/quote]

Thats funny isnt it, I thought Rush were amazing and I saw them play many times during the 80's and 90's in and around London, but then again, Iam a big fan of theirs. The ZZ top gig...was it the one with the fuel gauge counting down to the end of the concert?[/quote]

I guess its subjective, but I was not a fan of Rush, so its not gonna help me like a live gig!!!
    RE ZZ Top, I think that was the one, they also hid a keybored, synth plyer hidden at the front of the stage in the pit. I was hoping they were gonna do Le Grange, Jesus just left Chicago etc., however it was just the commercial stuff they did.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I've just remembered another Crap gig too. I went to see Martha Reeves and the Vandellas at Catford concert hall in the 80s. Complete waste of time. Waited ages before she came on stage. No stagecraft or showmannship. She had two 'Vandellas' on stage but only one had a mic. The show ended with Martha pleading with the audience to 'get on you feet' as she murdered Dancing in the streets, most of the audience didn't bother!