Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has anyone bought an Ipad?

TELTEL
edited September 2010 in Not Sports Related
And if so, what do you think of it? Im considering getting one for the Mrs whilst I can still afford it.

Comments

• Options
    Lookie has one, posted a fairly long review on it, just can't for the life of me what thread it was on, I'm sure a quick browse through his posts will be enough though, as it wasnt long ago.
  • Options
    Cheers Stu
  • Options
    you are gonna get Leroy all het up again!
  • Options
    It was the e-books thread I think!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lookie[/cite] Well, you have to use one to fully "get it." The multitouch is just so engaging. Web browsing is quick, easy and tactile. In terms of other apps, I use an app called evernote a lot (for computer, phone and iPad) which is a notepad that syncs across devices. I was playing Charadium a lot, which is a drawing charades app you play against strangers over the web, but now I'm addicted to the BruceLee app, a kungfu game. StarWalk is brilliant. It shows you the night sky when you hold the iPad up to the sky. You can identify even the smallest star in the cosmos. I just got a device called redeye which, along with an app, turns your iPhone and iPad into an universal remote for all the electronics in our flat. I've thoroughly ignored my laptop since I've had this, though there are times when I have to dig it out. It's not really a computer replacement (though it is that for some kinds of users), it's a new kind of thing... An Internet appliance... something. Fundamentally, its a sheet of glass that runs appliances, quick and easily. If you need email, its a communication device, want to read, its a library, want to play, its a gaming device. Near to no load times. No file structure to confuse. No windows to layer. I could go on, but really one needs to try it, touch it, to see if it will you meet your needs.

Lookie's review is spot on. It is a completely new device. I got mine about 3 months ago and I can't imagine being without it now. As the blurb says 'It is whatever you want it to be'. I have never been tempted to buy an Apple product before. But this I had to have.
  • Options
    Sounds like just the right toy for Mrs Notinoz for Xmas.....cheers
  • Options
    I have one and it's good apart from the fact that it does not do streaming video so you can't watch live foot until it supports flash player.....
  • Options
    Apparently you can watch live football.
    You have to do it officially though, (through the Sky Mobile Tv app.)
    I have the app running on my iPod touch and it works well. I saw the England game last night & it was fine.
  • Options
    I have one - I use it quite a lot, especially useful when travelling for reading, music, videos, Zinio (which is great for us ex-pats) - I have the wi-fi only though as the 3G here is astronomically expensive & finding free wifi isn't too difficult - I even sat outside a Starbucks in Portland to use their wifi for looking up a place we were trying to find on Google Maps!

There are a ton of useful apps & even more that are not! I have a Blackberry for work, thus no need for an i-phone.
  • Options
    Ain't it a bit much to carry out & about?

Don't iphones and the android phones do almost all of this on the move stuff, like maps, googlesky, silly games, etc.

& why would you sit indoors and play the silly games on an ipad when you can play an X-Box, PS3 or PC and the quality games they have?

Can you multi-task, as in run multiple apps at once like android?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Ain't it a bit much to carry out & about?

Don't iphones and the android phones do almost all of this on the move stuff, like maps, googlesky, silly games, etc.

& why would you sit indoors and play the silly games on an ipad when you can play an X-Box, PS3 or PC and the quality games they have?

Can you multi-task, as in run multiple apps at once like android?

I use it when flying backwards & forwards to Toronto (4 hour each way) - great screen for watching movies or the latest British TV. I use it to access the web or email when sat in the garden. It's useful to pop down the local coffeeshop & read (from kindle).

I don't have any games on it, but then I don't have an Xbox, PS3 etc etc

There are frustrating limitations - no flash being the biggest, but as a mobile media device for someone who has nothing else other than a locked down work blackberry it's very useful.
  • Options
    Thanks chaps, I'll get one on order, it sounds just the ticket for the Geeky Mrs....
  • Options
    Telnotinoz just to let you know that Ebay have one on their "daily deals" section for £429.00.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Telnotinoz just to let you know that Ebay have one on their "daily deals" section for £429.00.

same price as from the Apple store isn't it ?
  • Options
    Cheers guys....bit apprehensive about buying an Apple product on ebay due to warranty issues which we discussed on the Iphone thread, but thanks for the thought.
  • Options
    can you listen to music on itunes whilst surfing the net ?
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    i have had one since day of its release its a good bit of equipment but tbh i dont really need one, have itouch which does everything the same. internet is really good on it though just a shame no flash as would rather playing poker on that then my dodgy lappy

in full if you have a touch no, if you dont then its good great apps, does the lot aswell just shame from my point of view no flash. everyone in my household got one lol mum went bit mental bought about 7 when they came out
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i have had one since day of its release its a good bit of equipment but tbh i dont really need one, have itouch which does everything the same. internet is really good on it though just a shame no flash as would rather playing poker on that then my dodgy lappy

in full if you have a touch no, if you dont then its good great apps, does the lot aswell just shame from my point of view no flash. everyone in my household got one lol mum went bit mental bought about 7 when they came out

can I borrow one of yours then ;-))
  • Options
    im afraid not mate lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there not a decent online Poker app out there then?
  • Options
    Samsung are bringing out a 7" tablet that does have flash, price isn't know yet but there is info in the BBC Click site - those that have seen it say it is better than the ipad - I'm still undecided which to buy and shall wait a little longer, but as with all electronic gear you can wait for ever for the next thing and never buy anything!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Is there not a decent online Poker app out there then?

none for money dude, i have good app but dont see point playing if not for money tbh
  • Options
    I have the opportunity of getting an iPad on the 25th, I've really wanted one but now I'm not sure - will it change my world or is it just an extravagent expense when I should really use the money for other, more practical things such as credit cards bills etc.....

Question is, what shall I do!?! iPad or not to iPad, that is the question.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Lookie[/cite]Well, you have to use one to fully "get it." The multitouch is just so engaging. Web browsing is quick, easy and tactile. In terms of other apps, I use an app called evernote a lot (for computer, phone and iPad) which is a notepad that syncs across devices. I was playing Charadium a lot, which is a drawing charades app you play against strangers over the web, but now I'm addicted to the BruceLee app, a kungfu game. StarWalk is brilliant. It shows you the night sky when you hold the iPad up to the sky. You can identify even the smallest star in the cosmos. I just got a device called redeye which, along with an app, turns your iPhone and iPad into an universal remote for all the electronics in our flat. I've thoroughly ignored my laptop since I've had this, though there are times when I have to dig it out. It's not really a computer replacement (though it is that for some kinds of users), it's a new kind of thing... An Internet appliance... something. Fundamentally, its a sheet of glass that runs appliances, quick and easily. If you need email, its a communication device, want to read, its a library, want to play, its a gaming device. Near to no load times. No file structure to confuse. No windows to layer. I could go on, but really one needs to try it, touch it, to see if it will you meet your needs.

Lookie's review is spot on. It is a completely new device. I got mine about 3 months ago and I can't imagine being without it now. As the blurb says 'It is whatever you want it to be'. I have never been tempted to buy an Apple product before. But this I had to have.
    Can you run remote desktop i.e for work (deciding this or a lap top)
  • Options
    I used to have one, before some thieving, Turkish, pikey, bastard nicked it on holiday last month!
  • Options
    I played with one in the Apple store for about 30 mins. Thought it would be a bit of a toy for me as dont really need one for anything other than surfing on the sofa at home.
    That said I would love one but at £400+ I'll wait untill someone is kind enough to donate a free one to me.
  • Options
    Apple are updating the iPad software in November so it might be worth waiting for the update, although I guess it will be available as a download to those who have the current model?
  • Options
    Decision made, cash is going on credit card bill - bye bye iPad, nice dream for a while.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Can you run remote desktop i.e for work (deciding this or a lap top)
    Yes.