Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You And The 92

HigHig
edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Was just thinking about this earlier, how many of you are doingthe 92, how far have you got so far and any memories so far from your travels?

I've only done 10 grounds so far but i only started in January, plan to do the lot.

Comments

• Options
    76 so far.
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Too many memories, mostly good but very few football related lol
  • Options
    I'm slightly confused with the 92. The 92 League clubs change every season, with two being relegated to non-league. So how do you decipher the 92? Is it the 92 stadiums at the time of starting?
  • Options
    In the 50's but have to do a few again as they've moved.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AidenTheAddick[/cite]I'm slightly confused with the 92. The 92 League clubs change every season, with two being relegated to non-league. So how do you decipher the 92? Is it the 92 stadiums at the time of starting?

It's the 92 as they are now. You can't count current clubs visited if they've moved to a new ground since & you can't count any that are now non league.
  • Options
    58, should hopefully be able to add to that this season.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AidenTheAddick[/cite]I'm slightly confused with the 92. The 92 League clubs change every season, with two being relegated to non-league. So how do you decipher the 92? Is it the 92 stadiums at the time of starting?

It's the 92 as they are now. You can't count current clubs visited if they've moved to a new ground since & you can't count any that are now non league.

so if you went to shrewsbury in 1985 that counts for nothing but of you went to shrewsbury last month it does..doesnt seem right, its not our fault the club has moved

ps: im not abiding by that rule
  • Options
    Well you can't count them twice & you can't count the old possibly disappeared ground in preference over the new ?
  • Options
    81 out of the 92 Current Clubs
    77 out of the 92 Current Grounds.

3 new clubs and one new ground planned to do before the end of this year.
  • Options
    I've done 72 current grounds over a 30 year period.

I've also done about another 20 or so old grounds which do not exist anymore.

One day I will try to 'crank' the last few , but I wanted to get the majority done with the Addicks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Well you can't count them twice & you can't count the old possibly disappeared ground in preference over the new ?

I have been to several clubs that have played at different stadiums, if you are saying that you can count them once regardless of where they have played thats fair enough. I thought you were saying unless you have been to their very latest ground it doesnt count
  • Options
    I am saying that. Ie You can't count Arsenal if you've been to Highbury but not The Emirates.

Also, I just lost Chesterfield as I went a couple of seasons ago to Saltergate, but they've just moved to a new ground this season.

I can't count Oxford although i've been to The Manor ground I haven't been to the Kassim stadium etc etc.
  • Options
    Mines now gone down to 55 than. I feel like I wasted my money going to the goldstone ground in 91 ans the manor ground in 97 and ninian park 3 years ago even though we won all 3 of them :) hopefully Luton,Welling and Dulwich Hamlet come up soon to boost my total up.
    Should hopefully get my tally up to 60 odd by the end of this season.
  • Options
    Not sure about the current 92, but I have seen Charlton play at 112 different grounds since the 1960s. Obviously that includes non league grounds, grounds that no longer exist (Plough Lane) and clubs that have played at more than one ground (Highbury and Emirates count as two grounds).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I am saying that. Ie You can't count Arsenal if you've been to Highbury but not The Emirates.

Also, I just lost Chesterfield as I went a couple of seasons ago to Saltergate, but they've just moved to a new ground this season.

I can't count Oxford although i've been to The Manor ground I haven't been to the Kassim stadium etc etc.

im not shooting the messenger here but this is absolute nonsense

gay meadow, goldstone, manor ground and so on....They cant take that away from me "Frank Sinatra".....92 club poxy...just a ploy to make money somewhere along the line
  • Options
    I have 2, what do I win?
  • Options
    76 i think will have another count up.Rochdale here i come!lol
  • Options
    I'm only on 40-something (Charlton games only) with sadly no major desire to improve upon this, although i was glad Yeovil got into the league since i went there for a pre-season back in the early 90's. I think Mike Salmon played for them after their only goalie got injured in the warm up!

Good luck to those that do though it'll cost you a lot of wonga. if it was me I'd save all the League 2 clubs till last in case they drop out of the league.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    On 27, determined to get to 36 by end of season (off to Tranmer on Sat so that will be 28), as Brighton will not count when they move so 35 will seem a decent number (I am 21 so plenty of time to improve on this).

Also depends on Barnet, Stockport and AFC Wimbledon's fate as they could affect the number.
  • Options
    77 of the current 92 league teams
    and over 100 if you count new/old grounds together along teams not in the league anymore.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I am saying that. Ie You can't count Arsenal if you've been to Highbury but not The Emirates.

absolute rubbish, I've done most of the 'old grounds' but quite a few of the new ones I've not been to, of course I would count them.
  • Options
    30 I've been to.
  • Options
    76 Plus Cambridge, Luton, Grimsby & Maidstone.
  • Options
    I used to work with a Plymouth fan who claimed to have gone to every league ground except one - the Valley! That was about 15 years ago - since then we've played in the same division as them, so I'm sure he's ticked the Valley off by now.
  • Options
    http://www.doingthe92.com/
  • Options
  • Options
    72 current grounds.
  • Options
    lost a few and gained a few.
    75 at last count i think.
    plastic!
  • Options
    Only done 10. Doubt I'll do anymore.
  • Options
    Not doing "the 92" as such because I think their rules about deleting teams that drop out of the league and previous grounds are just very silly indeed. In terms of difficulty it's not exactly like climbing Everest is it?
    But supporting CAFC I've done 80 clubs at 95 grounds plus Wembley and Brescia. There should be another 3 this season (Carlisle, Rochdale and Dag & Red). God, it's sad that I know that!