Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You And The 92

Comments

• Options
    Taken from the Doing the 92 website linked by JohnnyJoeyDeeDee:

The DT92 Rules

Well, not so much Rules as Guidelines because everyone has their own version of what constitutues a game that counts towards the 92.

Hopefully ours are not too draconian or bizarre, and you're welcome to use the site even if they don't want to follow our guidelines - simply enter the games you feel happy counting.

Our Guidelines are as follows:

You have to attend a game of football at the ground. This is probably the strictest rule but we feel that this is a football passion, not an architectural or photographic one. So cricket at Northampton doesn't count. And don't even get us started on American Football.

It must be a current League ground. Only grounds currently being used as a venue for Home games by Premier League or Football League clubs count. That's why the site is called what it is.
    Tickets must have been on sale for the game (even if you got yours free). This means that pre-season kick-abouts don't count. Proper First-Team pre-season friendlies are fine.
    You have to have made the effort to attend the entire game. If you miss the first-half because you were stuck on the M25 then that's okay (well, not okay for you but the game still counts).
    No proof of attendance is required. You can now add a scan of the match program as a sort of proof that you attended a game. We'll be adding the ability to load scans of match tickets and photos you take at a match at some point.

Redeveloped grounds only count as 'new' grounds if the postcode changes. In fact, having given this some thought, we reckon a ground is only 'new' if it is not possible for the old and new ground to completely co-exist at the same time. So the new Dean Court is not a 'new' league ground because it shares some of its footprint with the original Dean Court.
    You only need to visit a ground once for it to count. If all the teams using the ground are relegated from the league, and then one of them is subsequently promoted back again, any games previously seen at the ground still count.
    Promoted grounds count. Similarly, if you see a game (that meets the above rules) at a non-league ground that subsequently becomes part of the 92, then your original visit counts. This is a contentious one, but we like it because it's a bit of a bonus card.
  • Options
    I've seen 76 of the current 92 teams play a home match on their own ground, thats good enough for me. Tranmere on Saturday will be no.77.
  • Options
    I like the DT92 rules .

In my 72 I have included pre season friendlies at Lincoln and Torquay .Also I did a game at Oxford Kassam as a neutral when they were last in the league so I got a swap for the loss of Grimsby.

I also lost Chesterfield this year.
  • Options
    26 from the current 92, only just turned 20 so got time to catch up with you lot.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Proper First-Team pre-season friendlies are fine.

This must be new as they never used to 'formally' count.

Anyway, I've now 'done' 132 league grounds, though down to only 75 of the current ones. Rochdale, Bournemouth (done a pre season there, but in my book it doesn't count), Bristol Rovers and Hartlepool (was away in Sri Lanka last season) for me this year.

Still got to 'do'.

'New' Cardiff
    'New' Hull (Bloody tuesday night game a couple of seasons ago)
    Bournemouth
    Rochdale
    MK Dons - still not sure about this one
    Bristol Rovers (done Eastville and Twerton Park though - last year moved to MNF)
    Hartlepool
    'New' Shrewsbury
    'New' Chesterfield
    Burton
    Accrington
    Aldershot
    Northampton
    Stevenage
    Macclesfield
    Hereford
    Morecambe

I've run the 400m as a schoolboy for 'The Home Counties' at the Don Valley stadium and saw Def Leppard there - not sure if that counts for Rotherhams 'temporary' home though.

I also used to work with a Leeds fan who did all 92 in one season with a mate. That was some logistical exercise I can tell you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I am saying that. Ie You can't count Arsenal if you've been to Highbury but not The Emirates.

Also, I just lost Chesterfield as I went a couple of seasons ago to Saltergate, but they've just moved to a new ground this season.

I can't count Oxford although i've been to The Manor ground I haven't been to the Kassim stadium etc etc.

absolute rubbish, I've done most of the 'old grounds' but quite a few of the new ones I've not been to, of course I would count them.

Then you're cheating - Booo :-)
  • Options
    Once a team changes grounds you lose that from your tally of 92 and have to collect the new ground. i.e Highbury no longer counts, only the Emirates is valid to complete the 92. In the same way, Grimsby being relegated to the conference means they no longer count, but Stevenage now does. However, should Grimsby be promoted they would then count again.
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited September 2010
    Why are people such sticklers for the rules? It's not a real competition, and it's not like going to the Memorial Stadium, Bristol, is 'better' than Twerton Park, Bath, for Bristol Rovers. I've seen another set of rules that say it has to be a League match and if a team gets promoted from the Conference, you have to go again, regardless of whether you've been there before (as soon as it loses its status as a 'League ground', it drops from your 'list' and you have to add it again when it becomes a 'League ground' again).

If someone has been to see all 92 clubs play home matches, then that counts as the 92 in my mind, and I don't see any need for them to 'do' Chesterfield again this season because that club has decided to move from Saltergate.

My total is very low compared to most of the people posting on this thread. I haven't counted, but I think it's 10-15.
  • Options
    As it stands this season 84 grounds in total 76 with Charlton.The others i have seen Bury play at .
    Have been to all the league grounds in Holland does that count,as well as seeing league games in Belgium,Italy,Germany,Malta and Australia.
  • Options
    You should go on this site then:

http://www.footballgroundmap.com/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just had a count up and appear to have 77 under my belt at present with Rochdale, Bristol Rovers & Hartlepool to hopefully add during this season.
  • Options
    Of the current 92, have been to 66 clubs with Charlton and have seen us play them at 80 different grounds.

Frustratingly, after about ten years with little opportunities to knock off new ones, there are 6 this season i could do, but don't think i'm going to be able to do hardly any of them :-(
  • Options
    I've seen Charlton play away against 85 league teams in the last 42 years, but I'm not sure how many are current as I can include Southport, Halifax, and Cambridge United, etc in these numbers. I also include teams where they have moved (like Arsenal, Derby, Bolton, etc) but only count them once if I've been to the new ground and old ground (like Colchester, Southampton, etc).
  • Options
    Stop!!!

It's threads like this one that women use to justify their view that men never grow up. It's becoming like a very expensive version of the Panini sticker book...."got, got, need, got, need, gotta go again as doesn't count now according to some made up pointless geeky rule...."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Stop!!!

It's threads like this one that women use to justify their view that men never grow up. It's becoming like a very expensive version of the Panini sticker book...."got, got, need, got, need, gotta go again as doesn't count now according to some made up pointless geeky rule...."

Lol, very true. I have a mate at work who is a diehard Arsenal fan - been going home and away, European games included for about 25 years.

He's going to our Johnstons Paint Trophy game away to MK Dons because Arsenal aren't playing that midweek and he wants to add MK's stadium to his list! Got a wife and two kids as well, don't know how he's not divorced!

Luckily I'm not at all like that. Done 48 current league grounds and 66 in total, but if Luton and Sevenoaks Town can get promoted into the league I'll be up to 50 current league grounds! ; -)
  • Options
    It's impossible to do the 92 current grounds if you only follow your own team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]It's impossible to do the 92 current grounds if you only follow your own team.

It's possible
  • Options

It's either that or train numbers..... :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]It's impossible to do the 92 current grounds if you only follow your own team.

It's possible

And Swansea in the 70s and 80s. But there's so many new grounds and new teams almost every season now that it must be virtually impossible.
  • Options
    HigHig
    edited September 2010

I think that if it interests you then do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HigHig
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]You should go on this site then:

http://www.footballgroundmap.com/

for those of you that havn't heard of it visit www.footballgroundguide.com before your next away game, great little site.
  • Options
    With Forest Green coming up and one of Sutton or Salford potentially too there's some new grounds we'll have never played at before to visit next season.

Where are you at with doing the 92?

With our fall from grace in the last 15 years I've racked up lots of new grounds. I only have Forest Green, Sutton, Salford, Newport, Harrogate and Barrow to go. 

Depending on your own rules with this I also need to go to Brentford, West Ham and Tottenham although I have seen NFL there. This doesn't count for official 92 Club rules which state it must be a football match. 
  • Options
    72 of the current clubs, 66 grounds.

Will lose Scunthorpe & Oldham but hopefully get Stockport and one from Chesterfield, Grimsby or Notts County back from the National League.
  • Options
    Done the lot, around 85 of the current with Charlton.
    Did Sutton with us pre-season in 2005(?).
  • Options
    75/92 Clubs - 70/92 Current grounds 

Hopefully 3/4 more next season depending on League 2 playoffs. 

My lad Georgie is on 53 which is a good post premiership effort given he is still 16.
  • Options
    83 of the current 92.

Missing Morecambe from L1. Think I'll try and regain Tottenham next season via a mate's season ticket, maybe offer him my ticket for Fleetwood at home in exchange.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    81 of the current 92, 110 (including old grounds) in total watching CAFC.
  • Options
    82 out of 92. 

Haven’t got West Ham ticked off even though I had a season ticket there for 2 years. 

In total I’ve been to 143 football grounds. Current, old and non league. 
  • Options
    With Forest Green coming up and one of Sutton or Salford potentially too there's some new grounds we'll have never played at before to visit next season.

Where are you at with doing the 92?

With our fall from grace in the last 15 years I've racked up lots of new grounds. I only have Forest Green, Sutton, Salford, Newport, Harrogate and Barrow to go. 

Depending on your own rules with this I also need to go to Brentford, West Ham and Tottenham although I have seen NFL there. This doesn't count for official 92 Club rules which state it must be a football match. 
    I think I'm identical to you, plus I haven't been to Cardiff's new ground.
    I gave up the thought of achieving the 92, because you lose clubs quicker than you gain them when you're close.
    Plus even if you achieve it, these days I think so what and it'll be gone again quite quickly with all the National League promotions.